Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's a bull**** comment by Pau. He's been terrible playing near the basket this year too.

The play that caught my eye today was Pau getting great position and getting a nice pass under the basket, which resulted in him barely leaving the ground and getting blocked by two guys.

Just play ball. Nobody is guarding him from 15 feet away. He can literally take two dribbles in and draw the defense toward him to get Howard a dunk. He did this last year with Bynum. He hit those shots or made any defender pay when they didn't guard him from 15 feet away. Nash goes P&R with him and Gasol never rolls hard to the basket.

So basically what he's been saying is that he's only useful in the post? Bull**** man, your better than that. Stop making excuses and play ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Here is a Pau Gasol quote after his miserable performance tonight:

YES PAU, IT IS UP TO YOU TO GET MORE INVOLVED!!

What an a-hole!
    Please share your understanding of the Lakers' offense, and how you know what Gasol can or can't do WITHIN THAT OFFENSE to get himself involved.

I'm not saying he can or can't. I'm just saying that nobody that's not on the inside of those practices can say what one player can do without disrupting it. Who wants to play with an a-hole that ignores everything we practiced and goes and stands wherever he wants?

vCash
    I kind of expect him to request a trade any day now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    That's a bull**** comment by Pau. He's been terrible playing near the basket this year too.

The play that caught my eye today was Pau getting great position and getting a nice pass under the basket, which resulted in him barely leaving the ground and getting blocked by two guys.

Just play ball. Nobody is guarding him from 15 feet away. He can literally take two dribbles in and draw the defense toward him to get Howard a dunk. He did this last year with Bynum. He hit those shots or made any defender pay when they didn't guard him from 15 feet away. Nash goes P&R with him and Gasol never rolls hard to the basket.

So basically what he's been saying is that he's only useful in the post? Bull**** man, your better than that. Stop making excuses and play ball.
    It's not coaching. It's Pau. He is trying to blame everyone else but himself for his shortcomings.

He should either sit the **** down and get healthy or do whatever he needs to do and start playing basketball again or GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I liked what I saw tonight from Kobe and Dwight. Dwight needs to be the sole option around the key. He got a lot of touches tonight, and for the most part did fine.

Kobe and Nash were fine too. Great spacing and playmaking by the both of them. Hill was solid and then everyone else sucked big time.
    TOTALLY AGREE

and im really starting to think we just should sorround them with athletic defensive minded role players that can run an hit threes.

For some reason I really love this deal

Bucks get:
    Pau
    Darrius morris
    Devin Ebanks

Blazers get:
    Samuel Dalembert6.7mill exp)

Lakers get:
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    Wes Matthews

Lakers roster

PG) Nash/ Blake
    SG) Matthews/ Kobe/Meeks
    SF) Kobe/ Dunleavy Jr./ MWP
    PF) Ilyasova/MWP/ JHill/ Jamison
    C) D12/ JHill

vCash
    The FO shouldn't let this play out and should make a move pretty fast.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Ok how do we get a spread 4, solid starting SF, and Fast athletic smart back-up Pg?
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    January 15... Around the corner...

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Please share your understanding of the Lakers' offense, and how you know what Gasol can or can't do WITHIN THAT OFFENSE to get himself involved.

I'm not saying he can or can't. I'm just saying that nobody that's not on the inside of those practices can say what one player can do without disrupting it. Who wants to play with an a-hole that ignores everything we practiced and goes and stands wherever he wants?
    I totally agree that D'Antoni is misusing Gasol, but Gasol needs to quit trying to blame everyone else.

It's not D'Antoni's fault that Pau gets abused every night defensively in 1 on 1 match ups. It's not D'Antoni's fault that Pau has gotten more shots blocked this year than in all of his last 4 combined or that he decided to start shoot fade away jump shots.

Pau is playing like a beaten man. THAT IS ALL ON PAU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yup. Makes sense that we're waiting. Nash seems to make everyone else around him better except Pau... I just don't get it.

vCash
    Haaaha I said the exact same thing earlier today
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    I hope we don't trade jordan hill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    I kind of expect him to request a trade any day now.
    He should and both parties would be better off. Pau would do better on a team with a system that features him in the post and the Lakers need more depth/athletic young talent.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Ok how do we get a spread 4, solid starting SF, and Fast athletic smart back-up Pg?
    We probably won't. But a solution could be something like this:

I hate Gallo, but we could maybe get a Pau for Gallo + Andre Miller deal or a Bargs, Klezia, Lowry deal...

Next we start like this:

Dwight
    Hill
    Metta
    Kobe
    Nash

Bench:

Lowry
    Meeks
    Kleiza
    Bargs
    Jamison

Or

Dwight
    Hill
    Metta
    Kobe
    Nash

Bench:

Miller
    Meeks
    Gallo
    Jamison
    Sacre

don't take those two deals I mention seriously... it's just to get an idea.

But the point is, why not start Hill? This way Jamison gets back into the rotation, and we have a pretty athletic and defensive minded PF & C combo.

Bench comes in with a legit backup pg and a legit dynamic scorer, and we're in business.

Imagine someone like Miller or Lowry running out backup pg spot. Add in a guy like Bargs or Gallo who have historically been 1st or 2nd options most of their careers, and now they're going against bench scrubs.

We need to build a deeper, younger team.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-request-trade

"Pau will not request a trade"

That title says everything you need to know about his personality.

"Request a trade" LMAO.

Any other player and the title of the article would be "Pau will not DEMAND a trade"

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast