Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Angels View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axqcrcs

smith to lakers
    pau to minn
    pek to atlanta(moves horford to pf)
    Very similar to te trade I had

Pau to Minn

J Smith to NO

Pek, Duhon, A. Rivers, B. Roy & picks to ATL

Ryan Anderson, D. Williams, Devin Harris to LAL

Money works and we get stuck with two contracts but very minimal and a nice expiring 8m in D. Harris.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ayajpms
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 01-16-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    "Multiple rival executives confirmed that the Hawks have participated in trade conversations with several teams regarding Smith, a 27-year-old game-changing defender when engaged."

I really hope we can work out a three-way where we trade Pau for J. Smith.

J. Smith + Earl Clark = Awesomeness at PF
    key word: when engaged

we need to get more players back if it is only him then no. like gasol over him

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axn6s97

Realistic, improves our bench and defense immensely. We would have the two best shot-blockers in the league. Sanders is an animal 3.2 blocks and 9 boards in only 24 minutes! The second unit turns into a run 'n gun team with Sanders protecting the basket and grabbing offensive boards. I like that guy - what an athlete. Cuts Kobe's minutes (Monta, who also plays D) and adds a more proficient shooter than Meeks (Morrow).

Nash - Blake - Duhon
    Morrow - Ellis
    Kobe - MWP
    Clark - Jamison
    Dwight - Sanders

vCash
    Lakers should absolutely NOT trade Gasol. Anyone who agrees with trading Gasol is ruling against the Lakers. As a Lakers fan, I am absolutely against trading Gasol due to the fact not knowing what and where Howard's future plans are. Lets say the Lakers trade Gasol for any one or two decent youth player and Howard leaves the Lakers. The 2012-2013 Lakers will end up with a 35 years old Bryant, 39 years old Nash, and with absolutely no size, which is extremly important in the western conference. Lakers should keep Gasol (at least for one more year) for insurance reasons. Plus, you don't want one, two or three more new players coming into the Lakers in the middle of the season and have to rebuild chemistry. The Lakers are already falling behind as it is.
    Last edited by LkrsFan; 01-16-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Dwight will re-sign.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Try this on for size: 3 team deal between Lakers, Kings and Wizards

Lakers Get: G Tyreke Evans, G Aaron Brooks and C Emeka Okafor

Kings Get: C/PF Pau Gasol, G Bradley Beal

Wizards Get: G Chris Duhon, F DeMarcus Cousins, F Devin Ebanks, F/G Francisco Garcia

Trade helps all teams, And it doesn't effect our plans for summer of 2014, and helps our bench and gives us a nice mixture of youth and talent.

Then we finish by signing F Kenyon Martin

Rotations:

MWP-Evans
    Clark-Martin-Jamison
    Howard-Okafor-Sacre*
    Bryant-Meeks-Morris*
    Nash-Brooks-Blake

*Send to D-League, Bring back at end of season, Thoughts?

vCash
    Or we can try to facilitate a Smith-Gay deal that is being discussed on hoopshype.com

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6pdmjj

Nash - Bayless
    Kobe - Morris
    Korver - MWP
    Pau - Clark
    Dwight - Arthur

Doesn't shake up chemistry, adds EXACTLY what we need. Arther is athletic and has a nice midrange shot, he is a clark/hill type of guy. During his only real extended showcase a year ago (toronto), Bayless averaged 11+ ppg, 4 assists, and 1 steal in 22 mpg. He is a potential spark-plug off the bench, he is a guy that could learn so much from Nash...more so than Morris can, because Bayless is infinitely more talented on offense in a natural way. Korver at 6'7'', contrary to popular belief, actually plays pretty damn good D - and we all know what he does behind the three point line...

We get rid of:
    Blake (who cares)
    Duhon (who cares)
    Jamison (terrible, terrible, terrible defender)
    Meeks (fell out of the rotation)

vCash
    I think you have a good idea, but its a bad trade. Why wouldn't ATL just deal directly with Memphis?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=93pdwsv

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Why cant we do this trade

vCash
    I'm reaching here haha, it would deff make sense to do a straight up trade - you're right JSthornton.

This is my thinking, should anyone care..
    Pau is super slow. He is weak defensively on the post and cannot guard Griffin, Gasol, Duncan, etc. His post game is non-existent because D'Antoni doesn't feed him with urgency...and to compound that, Pau just isn't aggressive at all. I don't think D'Antoni see's Pau as a focal point, as he is so quick to bench him during 4th quarters and in crucial situations. Was there ever a time during any of the 25 games hes played where you said "Wow Pau is unstoppable"? I know I haven't even once. He has turned into a serious liability. I just can't get that Clippers game out of my mind. He was playing so atrociously that I actually felt bad for the guy. I don't believe he has the mental fortitude to turn it around on this team. He has been regressing and losing intensity over the last two years, and it is a CONSISTENT downward trend - with ZERO signs pointing to him turning it around. Numbers are down across the board, but the minutes are essentially the same. Screw "systems" and whatnot, if you're a baller then you go out and ball.

I loved Pau but I never understood his die hard supporters who think that he is the key to our team. Hell yeah he's the key! The key to a decent trade for some youth. He has turned into a pretty big disappointment.

I have no doubt in my mind that even if Dwight walks (I don't think he will), we will march on into contention with or without Gasol. Pekovic and Josh Smith will both be free agents, and we'd have the cap room.

vCash
    Pau is definitely capable of dominating games. I just can't remember the last time that was.

When Pau is playing well, he makes the entire team better. He truly is an amazing player. I don't know what happened to the guy, but he hasn't played with fire or urgency since the last time we were in the Finals.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdw274e

DH12
    Pau
    MWP
    Kobe
    Nash

Jamison/Sacre
    Clark/Moultrie
    Wright
    Korver

Morris/Duhon

Keeping the core intact while getting two snipers in return.

vCash
    How about a 3 way trade that gets us Udrih , pekovic, and a shooter for gasol?
    It would be

Nash/Udrih
    Bryant/meeks
    Mwp/(dunleavy or some other shooter)
    Clark/jameson
    DH/pekovic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axn6s97

Realistic, improves our bench and defense immensely. We would have the two best shot-blockers in the league. Sanders is an animal 3.2 blocks and 9 boards in only 24 minutes! The second unit turns into a run 'n gun team with Sanders protecting the basket and grabbing offensive boards. I like that guy - what an athlete. Cuts Kobe's minutes (Monta, who also plays D) and adds a more proficient shooter than Meeks (Morrow).

Nash - Blake - Duhon
    Morrow - Ellis
    Kobe - MWP
    Clark - Jamison
    Dwight - Sanders
    just because the money works doesnt mean any one would do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers3747 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Why cant we do this trade
    you have to save the trade to get the proper link.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast