Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we trade Pau now or hold on to him until 2014?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade Pau. Let's try to win this thing now!

14 58.33%
  • This team is hopeless. 2014 is our only chance.

10 41.67%
Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    To amnesty Kobe is as crazy as trading Dwight. No to both. Like the Lakers want to pay Kobe 30 million to play for a contender for the vet min. What good would that even do?

Howard will re-sign if not screw him. Players will be taking numbers to be the man on the Lakers post Kobe and Howard has the inside track all he has to do is re-sign Kobe will be gone by 2014 and LA will be rid of Pau, Artest and Blake at the same time with enough cap space to sign anyone they want.
    amnesty.

You dont sign where you want.

You sign to the higher bidders.

Only teams with capspace can bid.

No contender for KObe, he would play for the bobcats, you can mark that in your book, Jordan would jump over him 100% sure to MAKE SUrE he NEVER gets a 6th ring.

vCash
    I wish everyone would stop blaming Pau. Yes his perfomance is way down but he is a big man being made to play small. IF he must be traded then it has to be for a defensive minded SF who can also knock down a 3 but also a high energy guy. (deng, Igoudala, Gay etc) trading him for another big is just poinless. There arnt any big guys as skilled as him in the league

vCash
    Right now the team is not going to make the playoffs. The schedule only gets tougher and they can't win on the road or at home...

They have the look of a lottery team, and therefore, should adjust the roster accordingly. They could use youth and athleticism...

Get some 1st round picks, and dump some of the dead weight on this team...

The only player right now that I'd want on the 2013 team is Jordan Hill. Everyone else is fair game, except that nobody wants Kobe's 30 million dollar salary.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    trade Kobe to the bobcats, Jordan is dumb enough to take on his salary... haha just kidding!

vCash
    There are some absolute idiots in this forum. Trade Kobe, Trade Howard, Trade Gasol, Blow it up and start again etc etc. What the hell are u all on about. Howard is STILL the best Center in the league and Kobe is still the best SG in the league and is having one of his best seasons in recent memory. The problem is the coach and the way he wants to play, we need more players who can play D yes, but those players are hard to find. I wouldnt trade KB24 or D12 for any1 not named Durant or Lebron. Some people are so quick to point the blame, we cant always win the championship, teams go through bad patches, this is ours. It wont last forever but wont be fixed overnight. Get behind the boys in the purple and gold instead of trashing them

vCash
    HOW ABOUT THIS?

Lakers send Dwight Howard to Nets

Nets send B Lopez, M Brooks and a draft pick to Hornets

Hornets send Ryan. Anderson to Lakers
    (some filler would need to go back to Nets)

Nets send Gerald Wallce to the Lakers

Nets get big man they wanted, and Howard is in NY

Hornets get a true Center to play next to Anthony Davis, and another young piece and a pick. Anderson is Great, but plays same position as Davis.

Lakers get Wallace, and Anderson... Two guys who would fit the System well. Lakers get younger, quicker and more athletic, even though they give up size.

Thoughts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Right now the team is not going to make the playoffs. The schedule only gets tougher and they can't win on the road or at home...

They have the look of a lottery team, and therefore, should adjust the roster accordingly. They could use youth and athleticism...

The only player right now that I'd want on the 2013 team is Jordan Hill. Everyone else is fair game, except that nobody wants Kobe's 30 million dollar salary.
    Actually, after this week the schedule gets easier and really is not overly hard at all through February.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobeonekenobe View Post
    There are some absolute idiots in this forum. Trade Kobe, Trade Howard, Trade Gasol, Blow it up and start again etc etc. What the hell are u all on about. Howard is STILL the best Center in the league and Kobe is still the best SG in the league and is having one of his best seasons in recent memory. The problem is the coach and the way he wants to play, we need more players who can play D yes, but those players are hard to find. I wouldnt trade KB24 or D12 for any1 not named Durant or Lebron. Some people are so quick to point the blame, we cant always win the championship, teams go through bad patches, this is ours. It wont last forever but wont be fixed overnight. Get behind the boys in the purple and gold instead of trashing them
    Yes, this forum is bipolar. However, trading Gasol does make sense. The Lakers have a thin bench and a lot of mouths to feed on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post

Jordan Hill?? did you see how Lakers were ahead 4 possessions in a row Jordan threw up a brick and a missed lay up. Oh but he hustles on D. Jordan needs to stop shooting. He kills any offense flow we have!!! If he stops shooting id keep him but dont just look at his hustle he cant shoot!!!
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    Lakers get: Dragic, Scola, C Lee, D Williams

Twolves get: Gasol and fillers

Suns get: Barea, Bradley, Sullinger, and 1st rd draft picks

Celtics get: Pekovic and Dudley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullishsince87 View Post
    Lakers get: Dragic, Scola, C Lee, D Williams

Twolves get: Gasol and fillers

Suns get: Barea, Bradley, Sullinger, and 1st rd draft picks

Celtics get: Pekovic and Dudley.
    Haha I wish, but this won't happen. Dragic won't get dealt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    Jordan Hill?? did you see how Lakers were ahead 4 possessions in a row Jordan threw up a brick and a missed lay up. Oh but he hustles on D. Jordan needs to stop shooting. He kills any offense flow we have!!! If he stops shooting id keep him but dont just look at his hustle he cant shoot!!!
    yup.. jordan hill can hit his free throws but can't hit his jumpers.. kinda weird..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    You know guys, I've been thinking today and I feel like the Lakers FO wouldn't and shouldn't make any sort of move at all.

We've already had our chemistry shaken up and now that's all that's being talked about, our lack of chemistry. It makes no sense for a trade/FA acquisition to happen because that'd only mess up our chemistry more, potentially, of course.

I think Kupcake and the failure Buss' will leave the roster as-is.

On a side note, this is so typical of a son that takes over for his dad. Look at the Yankees. Hal Steinbrenner took over and he won't spend a dime on players these days. It's pathetic. Damn heirs ruining my teams.

vCash
    Pardon the double post...

I think our roster should be left alone to fix its own problems regarding chemistry. If by the end of the season we're still way out of it, I'm sure they'll make a move then. It all depends on the Dwightmare v2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    You know guys, I've been thinking today and I feel like the Lakers FO wouldn't and shouldn't make any sort of move at all.

We've already had our chemistry shaken up and now that's all that's being talked about, our lack of chemistry. It makes no sense for a trade/FA acquisition to happen because that'd only mess up our chemistry more, potentially, of course.

I think Kupcake and the failure Buss' will leave the roster as-is.

On a side note, this is so typical of a son that takes over for his dad. Look at the Yankees. Hal Steinbrenner took over and he won't spend a dime on players these days. It's pathetic. Damn heirs ruining my teams.
    As a Yankees and Lakers fan I feel your pain haha.

"I have failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast