Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diet?

vCash

Diet?

Ok so I'm 6 foot 230 gained 50 pounds the last 2 years over the summer I was taking oxy elite pro and working out and lost 10 pounds then put it back on after stopping oxy elite.
    My issue is clearly diet, and I'm thinking genetic. I was never tought how to eat healthy or what to eat and when. Anyone that could give me tips to change my diet to help me lose weight would be great.
    Like how many meals a day should I eat and what should I eat, and how much at each sitting. I notice when I took oxy elite I ate a lot less and wasn't ever hungry. When I'm not taking it I get hungry a lot and don't know how to control it.
    I don't know what foods are best to eat and when so any dietary tips or advice would be helpful.

vCash
    It's all calories in vs out. Find out your BMR and exercise, eat 500 calories less than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    It's all calories in vs out. Find out your BMR and exercise, eat 500 calories less than that.
    It says 2251 is my bmr and I need 2751 calories to maintain my weight so I should aim for around 2200 calories aday?
    is there a good app or something for tracking calories
    Last edited by jrm2054; 10-24-2012 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    Start tracking your calories. Figure out what your intake is each day and we can go from there.

vCash
    Ok I'll start tracking them and just post it in here
    I don't know the calories but today I had
    10 pizza rolls for lunch
    5chicken planks and fries from a pizza shop after work for dinner.
    32 Ozs of iced tea 90 calories per 8ozs so 360 from that
    2 bottles of water
    So that is 360calories today that I know I don't know how to calculate for the food from the pizza shop?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    10 pizza rolls for lunch
    2 bottles of water
    So that is 360calories today that I know I don't know how to calculate for the food from the pizza shop?
    don't forget to include the pizza roles

and do they have a website? restaurants usually put nutritional info on their website

vCash
    Not sure what chicken planks are but I would imagine depending on the size the rolls could be 200-400 each

vCash
    if they are the totino's pizza rolls they are 350 calories for 10

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Ok so I'm 6 foot 230 gained 50 pounds the last 2 years over the summer I was taking oxy elite pro and working out and lost 10 pounds then put it back on after stopping oxy elite.
    My issue is clearly diet, and I'm thinking genetic. I was never tought how to eat healthy or what to eat and when. Anyone that could give me tips to change my diet to help me lose weight would be great.
    Like how many meals a day should I eat and what should I eat, and how much at each sitting. I notice when I took oxy elite I ate a lot less and wasn't ever hungry. When I'm not taking it I get hungry a lot and don't know how to control it.
    I don't know what foods are best to eat and when so any dietary tips or advice would be helpful.
    I am going to give you some tough love here please don't take it personally. The reason you gained the weight right back is because you had been doing something that was unsustainable in taking the oxy elite while not changing a single habit. The idea that weight loss or gain is genetic is a great big huge giant hairy bull **** excuse. Weight loss is quite simple eat less than necessary to sustain you current body weight. You do that I don't care what genetics you have you WILL lose weight.

As far as tips. Start out by tracking EVERYTHING. Like your diet for the day below is that everything? Did you have any type of sauce with the chicken planks? Have ketchup with the fries? Every bit of that is additional calories that your not counting. Do this for a week and you will see this low amount of calories you believed you ate but it would not be even remotely correct.

The only way to control your hunger is to eat 4-5 small meals a day to keep your blood sugars consistent. If you keep them consistent you keep your metabolism consistent in the process. That in a nut shell is the key to losing weight along with keeping the calories in below calories burned.

10 pizza rolls for lunch
    2 bottles of water
    To be honest that diet right there for a day is horrendous. Did you eat breakfast? If not why not? Breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day. It helps get your metabolism fired up and running for the day. Ever notice that when you do eat breakfast your usually hungry by mid morning? That is the result of your metabolism working. That is why you should eat 4-5 small meals a day to keep that metabolism fire burning.

Do you often feel sluggish and tired? If not and that is a typical diet I am surprised. You need to chart everything you eat and start to make changes gradually. If you do them all at once your body will freak out and you will start craving the garbage again. I would start by doing away with any and all white processed flour products you eat. Swapping it all out for whole grain/wheat though being careful to pay attention to what you buy all wheat products are not the same. If you have a smart phone get a free app called Fooducate and scan everything you buy at the store. Start to pay attention to what you are putting in your body keeping out as much of the garbage as possible and I promise very quickly you will feel much better than you do now. And finally your water intake is seriously lacking. You should probably be drinking at least a gallon of water a day for a man your size. Just uping your water intake, cutting out white flour, and charting your food intake would be a great first step. Also if your drinking soda cut it out as much as possible its empty worthless calories.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    if they are the totino's pizza rolls they are 350 calories for 10
    that's what I'm saying. he listed several things but only counted the calories for his iced tea

vCash
    @the previous post

You're overstating the importance of eating breakfast. Meal timing and meal frequency is irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    @the previous post

You're overstating the importance of eating breakfast. Meal timing and meal frequency is irrelevant.
    For body composition. Small meals throughout the day can still be beneficial for satiety, energy levels, and other reasons. It's a personal preference thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    that's what I'm saying. he listed several things but only counted the calories for his iced tea
    Ya I just didn't know the calories for the chicken and fries and didn't look at the pizza roll box when I typed that last post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I am going to give you some tough love here please don't take it personally. The reason you gained the weight right back is because you had been doing something that was unsustainable in taking the oxy elite while not changing a single habit. The idea that weight loss or gain is genetic is a great big huge giant hairy bull **** excuse. Weight loss is quite simple eat less than necessary to sustain you current body weight. You do that I don't care what genetics you have you WILL lose weight.

As far as tips. Start out by tracking EVERYTHING. Like your diet for the day below is that everything? Did you have any type of sauce with the chicken planks? Have ketchup with the fries? Every bit of that is additional calories that your not counting. Do this for a week and you will see this low amount of calories you believed you ate but it would not be even remotely correct.

The only way to control your hunger is to eat 4-5 small meals a day to keep your blood sugars consistent. If you keep them consistent you keep your metabolism consistent in the process. That in a nut shell is the key to losing weight along with keeping the calories in below calories burned.

To be honest that diet right there for a day is horrendous. Did you eat breakfast? If not why not? Breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day. It helps get your metabolism fired up and running for the day. Ever notice that when you do eat breakfast your usually hungry by mid morning? That is the result of your metabolism working. That is why you should eat 4-5 small meals a day to keep that metabolism fire burning.

Do you often feel sluggish and tired? If not and that is a typical diet I am surprised. You need to chart everything you eat and start to make changes gradually. If you do them all at once your body will freak out and you will start craving the garbage again. I would start by doing away with any and all white processed flour products you eat. Swapping it all out for whole grain/wheat though being careful to pay attention to what you buy all wheat products are not the same. If you have a smart phone get a free app called Fooducate and scan everything you buy at the store. Start to pay attention to what you are putting in your body keeping out as much of the garbage as possible and I promise very quickly you will feel much better than you do now. And finally your water intake is seriously lacking. You should probably be drinking at least a gallon of water a day for a man your size. Just uping your water intake, cutting out white flour, and charting your food intake would be a great first step. Also if your drinking soda cut it out as much as possible its empty worthless calories.
    I understand I do t take it to heart I wouldn't ask of I didn't want straight answers,. I'm going download that app tonight

vCash
    I understand I do t take it to heart I wouldn't ask of I didn't want straight answers,. I'm going download that app tonight
    I'd recommend MyFitnessPal which will help you count calories and track progress as well. There's a great mobile app as well so you can enter food on your computer or on the go. It also has the scanning feature so if you eat something with a label, it's as easy as scanning. It remembers the foods you eat as well for convenience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast