Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Workouts that are easy on forearms

My forearms are pretty messed up right now, does anyone have any exercises that are effective but easy on the forearms. I just got a couple of the bandit braces for my forearms but pullups were still way to painfull to do.

vCash
    hmm, that's a tough one, because you almost always have to grip a weight, meaning you're almost always going to activate your forearm.

What is wrong with it exactly? How does it feel on push exercises (bench, military, etc)? I'm assuming the most trouble you're having is with the pull exercises, meaning back and bis. I can't really think of any way around it...

maybe for bis if you find a machine preacher, you can set the machine as though you have really short arms, and place the handle on your wrist and do the movement like that....?

Also, for cable machines I think they sell this strap type thing which people basically wrap around their ankle and attach to the pulley, so they can work their leg out at various angles. Maybe you can grab one of those and strap it around your wrist?

One general piece of advice I cna give is go light weight high reps, it should be a lot easier on your forearms, shoot for around 15+ reps per exercise at lighter weight, see how that does you. My knee gives me problems when I do leg curls, but they are pretty essential for hammys, so I do 15-20 reps at lighter weights and been getting great results.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I am not sure what is wrong,probably just getting old and working to hard. I will try what you suggested. Thanks

vCash
    You should try this that he said but try to discuss this problem with a personal trainer. I am sure that you will find good answers. If you need any help to me then you can ask anything.
    Last edited by RickyPaul; 12-07-2013 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPaul View Post
    You should try this that he said but try to discuss this problem with a personal trainer. I am sure that you will find good answers. If you need any help to me then you can ask anything.
    A personal trainer will not be able to provide a routine based off of an injury. Saintsfan will need to see a sports medicine doctor to assess the problem first.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    A personal trainer will not be able to provide a routine based off of an injury. Saintsfan will need to see a sports medicine doctor to assess the problem first.
    That's not entirely true. Working with tons of people over the past few years I have seen all kinds of injuries. Based on previous experience I have been able to help people with similar types of injuries. Obviously working with a doctor is probably a good idea, but it's never a bad one to pick a PTs brain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

Also, for cable machines I think they sell this strap type thing which people basically wrap around their ankle and attach to the pulley, so they can work their leg out at various angles. Maybe you can grab one of those and strap it around your wrist?
    just to clarify, this is basically the type of thing I was talking about with this.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl...er=30287805423

Pretty much depends on what the issue is with the forearm tho, because it will still create some pressure up around the wrist
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Thanks for the helps guys . I have been wearing the bandit braces for a few days now and they seem to be giving enough support to allow my forearms to rest up a bit. I have never done an actual forearm workout so I think I might try once a week with light weights to see if my forearms are weak thus causing pain when trying for more pullups and heavier curls.

vCash
    Hi,

Following are some of the good Forearms exercises.

1) Forearm curls.
    2) Reverse forearm curls.
    3) Behind the back forearm curls.

vCash
    Well, Carefully Choosing Right kind Exercise Which is suitable for your body, Some Exercise likewise as a Wrist Roller, Sand Grabs, Lat Pull down etc.

vCash
    I suggest you to buy light curling weight dumbbells. That is the best and easy exercise for forearms. Spring hand grip exercise is also a great technique.

vCash
    Hey
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecarve View Post
    1) Forearm curls.
    2) Reverse forearm curls.
    3) Behind the back forearm curls.
    I think these 3 exercises are all time best and most effective.. i suggest you to try these..

vCash
    Best excercise equipment for your forearms are kettle bells, dumbells, Weights