Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Nash Effect

vCash
    I have seen a different Laker team the past two games. What is the main factor in this?? Nash?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    I have seen a different Laker team the past two games. What is the main factor in this?? Nash?
    Nash.

He changes absolutely everything.

vCash
    This isn't meant as a back-hand diss to anyone else on the team, but simply a clear compliment to Nash. He's the leader of the team.

Listen to him talking about Metta:

"I want to say it's inspired, but this is what he's been doing the whole year," Nash said. "He pounds on the best player on the other team. He gets his hands on a lot of balls. Rebounds. Scores. Makes threes. I mean, he's playing phenomenal, he's a great teammate and he's a huge part of why we're able to win."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...akers-on-track
    Nobody else on the team, including the head coach, could make that kind of articulate and exacting statement, all in a way that reflects positively on both the speaker and the person being talked about. Yes, guys compliment each other all the time -- but Nash is right on the specific merits he cites, and on the context of Metta's contribution to the team throughout the season.

I respect him for keeping quiet when he wasn't able to play, but clearly the man has been paying attention in detail to what the team has been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    This isn't meant as a back-hand diss to anyone else on the team, but simply a clear compliment to Nash. He's the leader of the team.

Listen to him talking about Metta:

Nobody else on the team, including the head coach, could make that kind of articulate and exacting statement, all in a way that reflects positively on both the speaker and the person being talked about. Yes, guys compliment each other all the time -- but Nash is right on the specific merits he cites, and on the context of Metta's contribution to the team throughout the season.

I respect him for keeping quiet when he wasn't able to play, but clearly the man has been paying attention in detail to what the team has been doing.
    It was clearly evident too when he was injured as I'd see Nash jump off the bench when he was injured and grab a specific player or two during timeouts to mentor them or offer tidbits on their offensive execution.

vCash
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by gailgoodrich View Post
    this isn't meant as a back-hand diss to anyone else on the team, but simply a clear compliment to nash. He's the leader of the team.

Listen to him talking about metta:

Nobody else on the team, including the head coach, could make that kind of articulate and exacting statement, all in a way that reflects positively on both the speaker and the person being talked about. Yes, guys compliment each other all the time -- but nash is right on the specific merits he cites, and on the context of metta's contribution to the team throughout the season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    The one big difference I've seen with the Lakers actually having a PG

The pick n roll lethal-ness

You can tell that the pick comes from Dwight and it forces the defense to make a decision. Stick with the roll man and Nash burns them with a wide open shot. Leave the roll man and D12 get's the ball on the move towards the basket.

And because Nash is not a high flyer at all, it almost seems effortless. Like he's floating through. It just looks easy and makes the offense flow so much better. It causes the opposing team to play hard defense. This is best thing for the Lakers. In the past, no defense necessary for the opposing PG. That's no longer the case.

It just makes everything better
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Nash is wunderbar. He is living up to expectations and delivering even more than people could've imagined.

Awesome player. Excellent pairing with Kobe.

When it comes right down to it, I think that this Laker team beats the Clippers in a 7 game series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Nash is wunderbar. He is living up to expectations and delivering even more than people could've imagined.

Awesome player. Excellent pairing with Kobe.

When it comes right down to it, I think that this Laker team beats the Clippers in a 7 game series.
    With a healthy howard, if we slow the game down, we take them in 5 or 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I don't know. That bench!
    Last edited by MickeyMgl; 12-31-2012 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    nash should grow his hair long again
    “You can’t worry about things you have no control over.”

"Above and Beyond"

-- Steve Nash

"I don't even care how much I score.
    I just want to win."
    -- Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    agreed... I seriously would not mind one bit playing them in the first round of the playoffs
    #Chow!

vCash
    3-4 with nash..that's the nash effect
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    3-4 with nash..that's the nash effect
    ? Losses to Clippers, Portland, and Denver since returning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    ? Losses to Clippers, Portland, and Denver since returning.
    yes? denver and portland are a shade above .500. and their ceiling is a lot lower than ours. your point is?

ok 3-3 then i see, my bad i saw the graphic up on bspn
    Last edited by KillaInstinct24; 01-06-2013 at 03:42 AM.
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    yes? denver and portland are a shade above .500. and their ceiling is a lot lower than ours. your point is?

ok 3-3 then i see, my bad i saw the graphic up on bspn
    Oops...I meant they lost to Philly not Portland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12