Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 160
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Never seen Leaving Las Vegas I take it? Heck I'd say Requiem is probably up there for most depressing as well.
    Yep. Those two and The Road are up there for me.
    I'm In.



  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Dredd - I already mentioned this one, but I can't say enough about it. It was like watching an honest homage to eighties action films, and it did more as an homage to those films than anything in the Expendables series combined. The jokes and one-liners weren't forced, and there wasn't a deus ex machina every fifteen minutes like there was in the Expendables films. Karl Urban is also one of the most underrated action stars, and his performance was very fitting.

    The Book of Eli was a really good apocalyptic tale. Some people rated this movie down because of the perceived religious angle, but I don't think there was a religious initiative whatsoever other than to state that the main character was a man of very strong faith, which gave his character... Character. Gary Oldman was also fantastic as the villain, and Tom Waits has an appearance.

    John Carter of Mars was probably the most underrated blockbuster of the last three years. This movie had one of the worst ad campaigns I've ever seen. The trailers and TV spots were among the worst I had ever watched, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was in the mood to watch a cheesy and laughable movie, I wouldn't have gone to this. I came out wondering who had been in charge of cutting those trailers because that person should lose their job and never get hired back in the same position again. Everybody I've talked to has said they liked this movie.

    Let Me In was one of the best foreign horror remakes I've seen, possibly ever. The pool scene was an instant classic, and it cut out subplots that weren't developed enough in the original and that were, quite frankly, unnecessary.

    Moon isn't underrated by the biggest fans of film, but the general public has seriously underrated David Bowie's son's directorial debut.

    Source Code had moderate success in theaters, but for some reason it didn't appeal to most. Still, a great film with a great nod to Scott Bakula and Quantum Leap.

    Predators isn't underrated as a film, but it was certainly underrated as a fitting sequel to the Arnold classic in my opinion. Laurence Fishburne could have been removed as a character, but otherwise I thought there were a lot of positives in this one.

    The Sorcerers Apprentice was another movie that suffered from a bad ad campaign. It was much more enjoyable than the trailers suggested it would be, and one of Cage's best roles in the last five-ten years.

    Tucker and Dale Versus Evil was criminally underrated and one of the funniest slasher spoofs I have ever seen. With consideration to Cabin in the Woods, which was also extremely underrated, I'm not sure which was the best satire / spoof of the horror genre since Scream.

    Stake Land has been seen by far too few people. If you like zombie apocalypse movies, or if you like realism-based, non-glittering vampire movies, you would probably like this movie and it has gotten very little publicity. As soon as I watched this movie, I started searching everywhere for the blu ray, and I had to order it from ebay at about 40 bucks plus shipping.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,381
    vCash
    1500
    Moon...

    So good
    I'm In.



  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,936
    vCash
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Dredd - I already mentioned this one, but I can't say enough about it. It was like watching an honest homage to eighties action films, and it did more as an homage to those films than anything in the Expendables series combined. The jokes and one-liners weren't forced, and there wasn't a deus ex machina every fifteen minutes like there was in the Expendables films. Karl Urban is also one of the most underrated action stars, and his performance was very fitting.

    The Book of Eli was a really good apocalyptic tale. Some people rated this movie down because of the perceived religious angle, but I don't think there was a religious initiative whatsoever other than to state that the main character was a man of very strong faith, which gave his character... Character. Gary Oldman was also fantastic as the villain, and Tom Waits has an appearance.

    John Carter of Mars was probably the most underrated blockbuster of the last three years. This movie had one of the worst ad campaigns I've ever seen. The trailers and TV spots were among the worst I had ever watched, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was in the mood to watch a cheesy and laughable movie, I wouldn't have gone to this. I came out wondering who had been in charge of cutting those trailers because that person should lose their job and never get hired back in the same position again. Everybody I've talked to has said they liked this movie.

    Let Me In was one of the best foreign horror remakes I've seen, possibly ever. The pool scene was an instant classic, and it cut out subplots that weren't developed enough in the original and that were, quite frankly, unnecessary.

    Moon isn't underrated by the biggest fans of film, but the general public has seriously underrated David Bowie's son's directorial debut.

    Source Code had moderate success in theaters, but for some reason it didn't appeal to most. Still, a great film with a great nod to Scott Bakula and Quantum Leap.

    Predators isn't underrated as a film, but it was certainly underrated as a fitting sequel to the Arnold classic in my opinion. Laurence Fishburne could have been removed as a character, but otherwise I thought there were a lot of positives in this one.

    The Sorcerers Apprentice was another movie that suffered from a bad ad campaign. It was much more enjoyable than the trailers suggested it would be, and one of Cage's best roles in the last five-ten years.

    Tucker and Dale Versus Evil was criminally underrated and one of the funniest slasher spoofs I have ever seen. With consideration to Cabin in the Woods, which was also extremely underrated, I'm not sure which was the best satire / spoof of the horror genre since Scream.

    Stake Land has been seen by far too few people. If you like zombie apocalypse movies, or if you like realism-based, non-glittering vampire movies, you would probably like this movie and it has gotten very little publicity. As soon as I watched this movie, I started searching everywhere for the blu ray, and I had to order it from ebay at about 40 bucks plus shipping.
    Totally forgot about Book of Eli, I wasn't expecting much going into that one but the film had a fantastic atmosphere to it and sometimes atmosphere can completely make a movie.

    Agreed with everything you said about Dredd, went to see it because I was hearing it was a good movie that was tanking at the box office and boy did my girlfriend and I come out surprised.

    And Tucker and Dale/Cabin in the Woods was fantastic horror satires. Immediately fell in love with both.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,971
    vCash
    2181
    Horrible Bosses
    The Collector

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,686
    vCash
    1461
    Let Me In was one of the best foreign horror remakes I've seen, possibly ever. The pool scene was an instant classic, and it cut out subplots that weren't developed enough in the original and that were, quite frankly, unnecessary.
    How could the watered down pool scene in the remake be an instant classic? Although this is a violent scene in the film, the original does it in a way that is still calming; its still quiet; its still beautiful. This scene was my biggest pet peeve in the remake; why was it so dark? why was it so loud? Why did it come across as being forced and chaotic?
    They absolutely butchered the pool scene in Let Me In.

    The movie itself is ok but its nothing compared to the original. Americans can't handle subtly. They don't appreciate ambiguity. Thats why a watered down version of a great story was remade for American audiences. The original is like jazz, Let Me In is like a monster truck rally.

    And i'm also not sure how telling it is that this is "the best" foreign remake you've ever seen. Most of those remakes suck balls and are dumbed down for the masses.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,305
    vCash
    1500
    I loved Chronicle and agree that batman Begins is not only underrated but the best of the 3...... Also Exorcism of Emily Rose was fantastic to me.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    How could the watered down pool scene in the remake be an instant classic? Although this is a violent scene in the film, the original does it in a way that is still calming; its still quiet; its still beautiful. This scene was my biggest pet peeve in the remake; why was it so dark? why was it so loud? Why did it come across as being forced and chaotic?
    They absolutely butchered the pool scene in Let Me In.

    The movie itself is ok but its nothing compared to the original. Americans can't handle subtly. They don't appreciate ambiguity. Thats why a watered down version of a great story was remade for American audiences. The original is like jazz, Let Me In is like a monster truck rally.
    I hate the American version....Original all day on the acting alone.

    If you like vampire movies and want a classic this is gold

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462362/

    It never got enough hype for how great a movie it is.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Batman Begins is one of the best movies i've ever seen, period. I could honestly take or leave the sequels..
    This and its not close....If anything the Dark Knight is the most overrated of the 3. Begins was perfect in almost every way

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,686
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate the American version....Original all day on the acting alone.

    If you like vampire movies and want a classic this is gold

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462362/

    It never got enough hype for how great a movie it is.
    Wow you're actually a real person lol

    Why are you such a dick to Knick fans?

    And thanks i'll totally check that out.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,686
    vCash
    1461
    I don't hate the American version. It was just unnecessary and not good compared to the original.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Agree with all of this.

    Let's not forget the fact that he showed his face to about five people
    Also this by a ton.....Also spiderman carrying around Parkers Videocam with his ****ing name on it....RESPECT THE IDENTITY

    Spiderman 1 and 2 ---------->Amazing spiderman

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,686
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    This and its not close....If anything the Dark Knight is the most overrated of the 3. Begins was perfect in almost every way
    We're not so different, you and I..

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,305
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Wow you're actually a real person lol

    Why are you such a dick to Knick fans?

    And thanks i'll totally check that out.
    I dont hate knick fans....Giants fans have forced me to hate them lol

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,686
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Also this by a ton.....Also spiderman carrying around Parkers Videocam with his ****ing name on it....RESPECT THE IDENTITY

    Spiderman 1 and 2 ---------->Amazing spiderman
    Well, we are 2 for 3 so i'll take it.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •