Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I actually felt the skateboarding scene in The Amazing Spiderman was more enjoyable than all 9 hours of TDKR.

vCash
    I walked out of The Amazing Spiderman. Awful.

vCash
    To reflect upon some of the ones mentioned already.

Drive is now a top 3 fav all time for me.

Drag Me To Hell is Amazing

Loved Machete and Hobo with a Shotgun (not mentioned yet)

Devil was enjoyable definitely no problems rewatching it

The Last Exorcism was criminally underrated imo. Probably one of the few cam movies I have enjoyed.

Zodiac was amazingly engaging and a wonderful movie

For ones not mentioned...

Buried was fantastic

Both the Collector movies were very enjoyable to me (most people hated them)

Dredd 3D!!! I loved Dredd! Absolute travesty that it bombed at the box office

Not exactly underrated but the fact that The Raid Redemption never became more well known amongst the mainstream is rather disappointing.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Drive is definitely a good flick. A tad too dry, though.

vCash
    I actually felt the skateboarding scene in The Amazing Spiderman was more enjoyable than all 9 hours of TDKR.
    Did you also enjoy the part when the Captain of the police force called Peter Parker a crazy kid, had him kicked out of the department and then asked another cop to do exactly what Parker said (look into Dr. Connors)? As in, hey, this kid is a nutjob, but let's look into what this nutjob says? Just a little out of character for the cop.

The whole transformation from kid who got bitten to putting the costume/powers together was very rushed. For a lot of the things there was little to no inspiration. Make fun of the Batman series all you want, but Batman Begins did a much better job of showing the transformation from Bruce Wayne to Batman than this Spiderman did of Parker to Spiderman.

Beyond that there were several wasted opportunities - since Parker wasn't using the organic webbing, he could run out of webbing to shoot. Where was the scene where Parker runs out of webbing and is forced to change as he's free falling to the ground? That's a key scene for any Spiderman story where he makes his own webbing, and they essentially gave him unlimited webbing.

Another missed opportunity was that Parker didn't create a special type of webbing to combat the Lizard. Obviously his typical webbing couldn't stop the lizard, but for other villains he creates special webbing to give him an edge in the fight. That's another key element of the Spiderman character and they ignored it.

We can also talk about how silly it is that a camera that Spiderman uses says "Property of Peter Parker" which forces the Lizard to figure out who Spiderman is. You've got a secret identity to protect, but you leave the sticky note on your camera with your name on it? I understand they needed the Lizard to find out who he was, but there were much more effective ways to get that across. Maybe he follows Parker home for instance. But leaving the "Property of Peter Parker" thing was just a little ridiculius.

Then of course there was the most laughable scene in the movie - Spiderman was having trouble webslinging from building to building, and it looked like he wouldn't be able to stop the Lizard at the end. So wouldn't you know it, the guy he saved on the bridge happens to be a construction worker, and they all come out with the cranes so he can websling from crane to crane.

It's New York - he has high rise buildings he can websling from. It's beyond ridiculous that he needed the cranes to get to where the Lizard was. It was just there to make a connection that the people Spiderman saved can come around and help him. Except they could have done that in a way that wasn't beyond lame.

These are just some of the ridiculous things that I noticed while watching, and I've done everything in my power to forget the rest of that God awful movie.

My goodness, the new Spiderman movie was horrendous. I love the character Spiderman, but this movie just seemed more like a parody of him than anything else.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-25-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Did you also enjoy the part when the Captain of the police force called Peter Parker a crazy kid, had him kicked out of the department and then asked another cop to do exactly what Parker said (look into Dr. Connors)? As in, hey, this kid is a nutjob, but let's look into what this nutjob says? Just a little out of character for the cop.

The whole transformation from kid who got bitten to putting the costume/powers together was very rushed. For a lot of the things there was little to no inspiration. Make fun of the Batman series all you want, but Batman Begins did a much better job of showing the transformation from Bruce Wayne to Batman than this Spiderman did of Parker to Spiderman.

Beyond that there were several wasted opportunities - since Parker wasn't using the organic webbing, he could run out of webbing to shoot. Where was the scene where Parker runs out of webbing and is forced to change as he's free falling to the ground? That's a key scene for any Spiderman story where he makes his own webbing, and they essentially gave him unlimited webbing.

Another missed opportunity was that Parker didn't create a special type of webbing to combat the Lizard. Obviously his typical webbing couldn't stop the lizard, but for other villains he creates special webbing to give him an edge in the fight. That's another key element of the Spiderman character and they ignored it.

We can also talk about how silly it is that a camera that Spiderman uses says "Property of Peter Parker" which forces the Lizard to figure out who Spiderman is. You've got a secret identity to protect, but you leave the sticky note on your camera with your name on it? I understand they needed the Lizard to find out who he was, but there were much more effective ways to get that across. Maybe he follows Parker home for instance. But leaving the "Property of Peter Parker" thing was just a little ridiculius.

Then of course there was the most laughable scene in the movie - Spiderman was having trouble webslinging from building to building, and it looked like he wouldn't be able to stop the Lizard at the end. So wouldn't you know it, the guy he saved on the bridge happens to be a construction worker, and they all come out with the cranes so he can websling from crane to crane.

It's New York - he has high rise buildings he can websling from. It's beyond ridiculous that he needed the cranes to get to where the Lizard was. It was just there to make a connection that the people Spiderman saved can come around and help him. Except they could have done that in a way that wasn't beyond lame.

These are just some of the ridiculous things that I noticed while watching, and I've done everything in my power to forget the rest of that God awful movie.

My goodness, the new Spiderman movie was horrendous. I love the character Spiderman, but this movie just seemed more like a parody of him than anything else.
    Agree with all of this.

Let's not forget the fact that he showed his face to about five people

vCash
    That's true, but that's something that's becoming fairly common in most comic book movies so I won't hold it against them. In the comics they'd never show the heroes with the mask off, but they do it in the movies so we can see their facial expressions.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I see a lot of people mentioning Drive...I would have mentioned that, but I don't even consider it underrated. It's just a great movie, probably the best thing to come out last year.

vCash
    Everyone likes PTA but nobody went to see The Master.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I haven't seen alot of these movies. The ones I have:

The other Guys: I thought it was alright. I thought it would be funnier. I like Walhberg and Ferrell, I just couldn't really get into that movie for some reason.

Amazing Spiderman: Pretty disappointing. Worst comic movie I have seen in awhile. I liked Spiderman 3 better and that is saying something.

District 9- hated it

I thought Drive was fantastic though. Great movie. Probably my favorite of 2011.

vCash
    Nerds..

I thought of another one.. The Amazing Spiderman...

Oh and Sunshine by Danny Boyle. Crazy underrated, that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Everyone likes PTA but nobody went to see The Master.
    I had to go to an independent cinema to see it. Wasn't playing at any of the regals. I enjoyed it, great performances all around, but it definitely isn't my favorite PTA film. He's always been a bit dry and artsy, but it seems like his head might have been a little too far up his own *** in this one.

I'd watch again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    To reflect upon some of the ones mentioned already.

Drive is now a top 3 fav all time for me.

Drag Me To Hell is Amazing

Loved Machete and Hobo with a Shotgun (not mentioned yet)

Devil was enjoyable definitely no problems rewatching it

The Last Exorcism was criminally underrated imo. Probably one of the few cam movies I have enjoyed.

Zodiac was amazingly engaging and a wonderful movie

For ones not mentioned...

Buried was fantastic

Both the Collector movies were very enjoyable to me (most people hated them)

Dredd 3D!!! I loved Dredd! Absolute travesty that it bombed at the box office

Not exactly underrated but the fact that The Raid Redemption never became more well known amongst the mainstream is rather disappointing.
    Yes, dude!!

vCash
    I had to go to an independent cinema to see it. Wasn't playing at any of the regals. I enjoyed it, great performances all around, but it definitely isn't my favorite PTA film. He's always been a bit dry and artsy, but it seems like his head might have been a little too far up his own *** in this one.

I'd watch again.
    Thought it was really good. He nailed scientology.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I see a lot of people mentioning Drive...I would have mentioned that, but I don't even consider it underrated. It's just a great movie, probably the best thing to come out last year.
    This. Drive is immensely popular.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast