Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Mock draft

vCash

Mock draft

2013 Mock Draft
    1. Houston-Mark Appell rhp Stanford
    2. Chicago Cubs-Ryne Stanek rhp Arkansas
    3. Colorado Rookies- Austin Meadows of Grayson HS(GA)
    4. Minnesota Twins-Clint Frazier of Loganville HS(GA)
    5. Cleveland Indians-Sean Manaea lhp Indiana St
    6. Miami Marlins-Kris Bryant 3b San Diego
    7. Boston Red Sox-Kohl Stewart rhp St. Pius X(TX)
    8. Kansas City Royals-Austin Wilson of Stanford
    9. Pittsburg Pirates-Jonathon Crawford rhp Florida
    10. Toronto Blue Jays-Trey Ball lhp New Castle HS(IND)
    11. NY Mets-Stephen Gonsalves lhp Cathedral Catholic HS(CA)
    12. Seattle Mariners-Colin Moran 3b North Carolina
    13. San Diego Padres-Ian Clarkin lhp James Madison HS(CA)
    14. Pittsburg Pirates-Reese McGuire c Kentwood HS(WA)
    15. Arizona Diamondbacks-Bobby Wahl rhp Ole Miss
    16. Philadelphia Phillies-Oscar Mercado ss Gaither HS(FLA)
    17. Milwaukee Brewers-Robert Kaminsky lhp St. Joeseph Regional HS(NJ)
    18. Chicago White Sox-Aaron Judge of Fresno St
    19. LA Dodgers-Michael Lorenzen of Cal St Fullerton
    20. St. Louis Cardinals-Marco Gonzales lhp Gonzaga
    21. Detroit Tigers-JP Crawford ss Lakewood HS(CA)
    LA Angels (forfeit for signing Josh Hamilton)
    22. Tampa Bay Rays-AJ Vanegas rhp Stanford
    23. Baltimore Orioles-Justin Williams of Terrebonne HS(LA)
    24. Texas Rangers-Ryan Eades rhp LSU
    25. Oakland As-DJ Peterson 1b New Mexico
    26. SF Giants-Cavan Biggio 3b St Thomas HS(TX)
    Atlanta Braves (forfeit for signing for BJ Upton)
    27. NY Yankees-Jacoby Jones 2b LSU
    28. Cincinnati Reds-Trevor Williams rhp Arizona St
    29. Washington Nationals-Ryan Boldt of Red Wing HS(MN)

vCash
    I like mock drafts as much as anyone, but it's pretty early for this. That said, I'm really hoping Kris Bryant drops to #9. Realistically, I'd like to get Bobby Wahl and Colin Moran or Justin Williams.

vCash
    I would assume with one of the two first round picks (I would imagine the 9 spot due to they can't receive compensation for failure to signing the 1st rd pick) that they go for a player who will sign under slot to give a higher pool for picks to sign later in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hubacious75 View Post
    I would assume with one of the two first round picks (I would imagine the 9 spot due to they can't receive compensation for failure to signing the 1st rd pick) that they go for a player who will sign under slot to give a higher pool for picks to sign later in the draft.
    Actually they could receive compensation for that pick. The new CBA allows for 2 years of compensation.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    I just read up on the rules again. I must have just read over that before. Good call.

vCash
    Eh, I'd be happy with Crawford but not so with McGuire. I just would rather avoid prep players unless it's Mercado (love him). Hope this is cool burgh fan66;here is a link to my personal draft favorites for the 9 and 14 spot.

College OF Austin Wilson
    College 3B Colin Moran
    College P Stephen Gonsalves
    Prep SS Oscar Mercado.

The link has more detailed profiles on each.

Also, for the record, I would take a guy like Manaea, Meadows, or Frazier if they drop, but as it stands now, I doubt they will. Take that with a grain of salt though. OF Nick Williams and 3B Trey Williams (two in particular I remember) were top 10 locks this time of year last year and neither were close to going in the first round this past draft.

Also, for my previous predictions I would have taken Bundy over Cole (looking good now ) and Correa was my personal favorite January of last year when no one else had him in the top 15. I also missed on a bunch of guys.. so, take that with a grain of salt!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CutchTruth View Post
    Eh, I'd be happy with Crawford but not so with McGuire. I just would rather avoid prep players unless it's Mercado (love him). Hope this is cool burgh fan66;here is a link to my personal draft favorites for the 9 and 14 spot.

College OF Austin Wilson
    College 3B Colin Moran
    College P Stephen Gonsalves
    Prep SS Oscar Mercado.

The link has more detailed profiles on each.

Also, for the record, I would take a guy like Manaea, Meadows, or Frazier if they drop, but as it stands now, I doubt they will. Take that with a grain of salt though. OF Nick Williams and 3B Trey Williams (two in particular I remember) were top 10 locks this time of year last year and neither were close to going in the first round this past draft.

Also, for my previous predictions I would have taken Bundy over Cole (looking good now ) and Correa was my personal favorite January of last year when no one else had him in the top 15. I also missed on a bunch of guys.. so, take that with a grain of salt!
    Perfectly fine with me. The draft is one portion where I am quite weak in (although I did manage to tab both the Barnes and Mathisen selections last year). We do have one poster who usually stops by closer to draft time and provides some analysis but outside of him we really have no one who is truly knowledgable enough to provide input.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Perfectly fine with me. The draft is one portion where I am quite weak in (although I did manage to tab both the Barnes and Mathisen selections last year). We do have one poster who usually stops by closer to draft time and provides some analysis but outside of him we really have no one who is truly knowledgable enough to provide input.
    I love love love the draft. I got Mathisen correct, but I didn't actually really make a prediction on Barnes. Sweet that you got that. I'd love to provide what insight I have.