Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    It's probably a stubhub issue.

I'll list a pair of bleachers as a joke for 10,000.

See if it appears opening day...give me a minute.
    ****!!! If I knew those were yours I wouldn't have ordered them.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I posted all 81 games on StubHub, about 1 week ago, maybe less - already sold 6 games. Craziness. Lost a few bucks here and there but even made a few bucks on some. Diamondback games, a Phillies game and some of the Cardinal games.

I hate to lose a few bucks right away. but some of these August games being sold now pretty much at face is okay because I was getting killed on the premium games last summer. One thing I take away from last year is to just be happy that they are sold and I am getting face for them.

Unless they get good - and I want to shoot myself for getting rid of all of the Cardinal games for face.

vCash
    Nice! I have sold a big whopping zero.

vCash
    Did you guys create an individual listing for each game or is the option to list them through the Cubs website available to you already?

vCash
    Woohoo! Finally sold one on there!

vCash
    I'm going to the Saturday game May 4th vs. the Reds. If any season ticket holders are having problems selling that game, I'll be interested.

Maybe bro-rate the tickets a little bit.

vCash
    Seeking some advice here:

Cubs have done their due diligence and have called to follow up about season tickets. Have had discussions with brother in law about going in together on a couple of seats, fully expecting losses, with the hope of eventually breaking even in future years. He is not in position this year to buy, but thinks he might be next year.

Have considered purchasing the 56 game bleacher combo, just one ticket. Looking to use this as a line placeholder essentially. Goal would be to upgrade next year to regular seating and purchasing an additional seat. I would be selling pretty much everyone of these seats, or attempting to.

If I am buying a single ticket only, would the bleachers be the best route to go? Again, I expect a loss, just curious how much of a loss I should expect. Also, in general, if the Cubs are "good" in the future, is it reasonable to expect to break even?

Just curious what you guys think, trying to make this decision without interjecting too much emotion.

vCash
    From my experience, single tickets have absolutely no resale value at all. However, if you were to buy a single ticket just to "become a season ticket holder," I would go the cheapest way possible. If that means section 503 row 9, then do it. Pay as little as possible this year if that is what you want to do.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a full season ticket plan for 1 ticket. You will get destroyed in every April/May/September/October game. The nights/weekends/holidays plan would be alright, but you would still lose money.

I personally would buy 2 tickets together. If the cubs are somewhat competitive this season and expect to be contenders next year, you might not get the opportunity to add a seat to your package next season...and that means you're stuck with 1 ticket only.

Take the loss this year and hope for the best next year and the following years.

vCash
    The 56 game bleacher package is the only non full season plan available. I just thought that if I HAD to sell 1 ticket, bleachers would probably be best.

In competitive years, have you at least broken even?

vCash
    I would think selling 1 bleacher wouldnt be awful.

I have sold 18 games so far this year, have mostly broke even which I am fine with so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba17 View Post
    The 56 game bleacher package is the only non full season plan available. I just thought that if I HAD to sell 1 ticket, bleachers would probably be best.

In competitive years, have you at least broken even?
    I've made a nice profit years ago when the team is winning. The last few years haven't been anything to brag about, especially with the huge increase in prices. When the Cubs played the Red Sox in 2005, I had 5 tickets in the infield 200 level. Face value was $30 a ticket. I sold them for $140 a ticket, basically profiting $100 a ticket.

This year, for a prime game in the 200 level, those same seats now cost $50 a ticket, not counting the ridiculous taxes and fees. After all the taxes, it's close to $60 a ticket. Ticket prices have nearly doubled.
    That doesn't mean money can't be made. Cubs tickets will always have resale value when the team is winning.

vCash
    I appreciate your feedback. I really don't know what to do. Obviously a significant monetary investment and a gamble as well. I really hate the thought of giving up my spot in line though. I would only be able to come to 5-6 games a year at best, so each year I would be needing to sell a significant amount.

Just can't decide if the plan for this year would be a huge mistake or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba17 View Post
    I appreciate your feedback. I really don't know what to do. Obviously a significant monetary investment and a gamble as well. I really hate the thought of giving up my spot in line though. I would only be able to come to 5-6 games a year at best, so each year I would be needing to sell a significant amount.

Just can't decide if the plan for this year would be a huge mistake or not.
    I don't know as much as Croce as he has been a season ticket holder for years, but I have found it much easier to sell games so far than I expected.

I've now sold 20 games already and only have 36 left.

Like Croce has said if you can afford to lose some money this year it would be worth it and thats kinda what I would now tell you as well. I am very happy I did, and hell at this point I have raised my opening day tickets up quite a bit cuz I honestly plan to go to that game now. Hell I have only sold one Marquee and one platinum game so far, so I have mostly gotten rid of the lower priced games that I thought would be tough to sell.

vCash
    Mind saying what you are typically selling for? Can message me if you would rather.

vCash
    Pretty much face value. Selling a lot through my work and through Facebook. A few through stubhub as well. I definitely won't make money though I wish I would have been smarter with pearl jam.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast