Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 174

Thread: chicago bears

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,172
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    The 2010 defense gave up only 295 points in 20 games. They allowed only 21 passing touchdowns and had 32 interceptions in the regular and postseason. Also gave up just 10 rushing touchdowns.

    The 2012 defense has already given up 292 points, 21 passing touchdowns, and 11 rushing touchdowns in 5 less games. They've also had three different games where the opponent scored 30+ points (2010 defense had none over 26). They were never blown out or manhandled like this current group either.
    Dude seriously how emo are you. I've never seen you post something positive since I've seen you on this website. Every time I read one of your posts my fandom dies a little inside. There are homers, realistic fans, and then you. Seriously you just **** on your favorite team all the time. You are such a downer, I honestly get mad reading your posts because you are such a pessimist. Never have kids, you will bring them down and they'll just kill themselves anyway.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,203
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I never understood why you guys put Tice as the OC. He's a great positional coach..but outside of that...meh.
    From watching his players the past few seasons, nahh. He's clueless. I think he was blessed with some maulers in JAX who fit what he wanted to do, but he seems to be unwilling to give up on a player that sucks balls (J'Marcus Webb).


  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,172
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    From watching his players the past few seasons, nahh. He's clueless. I think he was blessed with some maulers in JAX who fit what he wanted to do, but he seems to be unwilling to give up on a player that sucks balls (J'Marcus Webb).
    No offense but who does he really have to work with. It's like replacing **** with more ****.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,203
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    No offense but who does he really have to work with. It's like replacing **** with more ****.
    The way I see it is this:

    A ****ing Outland Trophy winner praised for his run blocking and generally sound technique shouldn't be forced to move inside to guard due to incredibly awful pass pro due to deteriorating technique.


    I'm blaming Mike Tice for ****ing up Gabe Carimi. And he continues to play Webb.



    I'd dive further into the "we shouldn't be running a non-ZBS scheme with the linemen we have" but that's for another discussion.


  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,172
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The way I see it is this:

    A ****ing Outland Trophy winner praised for his run blocking and generally sound technique shouldn't be forced to move inside to guard due to incredibly awful pass pro due to deteriorating technique.


    I'm blaming Mike Tice for ****ing up Gabe Carimi. And he continues to play Webb.



    I'd dive further into the "we shouldn't be running a non-ZBS scheme with the linemen we have" but that's for another discussion.
    That's the point though. How many of those guys are Tice's guys. I mean he may be using them wrong and that is on him, but it isn't like he based his scheme on the players that are currently on your roster. That's management's fault for thinking your players could execute his scheme.
    Not saying Tice is the man, but I don't see how only Tice could be fired. I seriously hope for your guys sake Lovie is gone. You guys going to the SB made him overstay his welcome.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,203
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    That's the point though. How many of those guys are Tice's guys. I mean he may be using them wrong and that is on him, but it isn't like he based his scheme on the players that are currently on your roster. That's management's fault for thinking your players could execute his scheme.
    Not saying Tice is the man, but I don't see how only Tice could be fired. I seriously hope for your guys sake Lovie is gone. You guys going to the SB made him overstay his welcome.
    Gabe Carimi fits exactly what Tice would want. So should J'Marcus Webb if he wasn't garbage. So does Lance Louis (although I do think he'd be pretty sexy in a ZBS).

    He has players that should fit what he wants to do. BUT, the bigger problem is what he wants to do doesn't make sense with the whole of the roster - not Jay, not BMarsh, not Forte. That's the bigger problem I have with Tice.

    I can't fault the guy for wanting to do what he's familiar with, but I can fault him for square-peg-round-hole syndrome.


  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,172
    vCash
    1000
    Well then **** Tice and his bald ***.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    **** the McCaskey's

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,724
    vCash
    1500
    Not blaming Tice, what does he have to work with seriously.

    Marshall yes we know hes great

    Cutler is a ? to me he has the tools but has not put it together.

    TE wise he's got absolutely nothing 45 TE graded out better than Davis

    RBs he does not involve Forte enough in the passing game we get that

    WR Bennett has been banged up, JEffery the same, Hester is not a WR, Knox is hurt, so that leaves you with nothing.

    This offense would be much different if Tice involves Forte in the passing game has a healthy Jeffery with Knox in the slot and Marshall and perhaps an average TE.

    Offensive line wise its crap, Louis and Garz are the only lineman competent enough to block.

    Overall Tice does not deserve all the blame he is getting.


    SWIGGITY SWOOTY, I'M COMIN FOR THAT BOOTY!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    30,664
    vCash
    1500
    I want to see Chicago get in and play the niners. I think they could knock them off

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Outter Haven.
    Posts
    5,226
    vCash
    1500
    i dont even want to open up this thread and comment...

    ugh.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UNIT€D $TAT€$ OF AM€RIKA
    Posts
    609
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    The 2010 defense gave up only 295 points in 20 games. They allowed only 21 passing touchdowns and had 32 interceptions in the regular and postseason. Also gave up just 10 rushing touchdowns.

    The 2012 defense has already given up 292 points, 21 passing touchdowns, and 11 rushing touchdowns in 5 less games. They've also had three different games where the opponent scored 30+ points (2010 defense had none over 26). They were never blown out or manhandled like this current group either.
    Ok so what did you say I didnt? I said they werent as good as 2010. Bit theyre not as bad as you're making them out to be.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hernando Beach Florida
    Posts
    413
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Pretty simple. They feasted off of an easy schedule early, then completely collapsed against tougher competition. There's a team or two like them every season. Plain and simple, they just aren't that good.
    Spot on. Just getting too old & slow on defense, & you can't have 1 receiver catch over 100 balls & next closest is about 70 behind him. The only thing adding Marshall has seem to done is take the ball out of Forte's hands.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Wait they lived off turnovers? But I was told those were going to keep coming til the end of time and I was just a hater.

    But we're saying they didn't....Hmmmmmmm
    You're a lot worse than just a hater, I could think of many, many different adjectives to describe you and your whore mouth.

    For real though, taking a page out of Dennis Green's book, "the Bears are who we THOUGHT they were!"

    Our defense is great when they don't have to be on the field a lot; the problem is, with our offense, they do. As a result, the "bend but don't break" defense often ends up breaking; see the Seattle/Russell Wilson game.

    The entirety of our problem, is our offensive line. We've had five different stating lineups in the last five games, which isn't unheard of but it certainly doesn't do anyone but opposing teams favors this late in the season. With Cutler having no time to throw, he often rushes throws, gets lazy with his mechanics, and zero's in on our seemingly one true receiver, Brandon Marshall.

    Forte as a result hasn't had a huge yeareither because of that same offensive line. And when we constantly go 3 and out, it puts our defense in bad spots.

    So yes, for those who mentioned the Bears win when they generate turnovers, you're partially right. But I'd like to point out that ANY team that generates turnovers normally wins those games, at least I'd like to believe thet to be the case.

    The Bears will never be a bonafide contender with the way their offensive line is currently constructed. Give Phil Emery a couple years and hopefully he can add some much, much, much needed talent to that group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    242
    vCash
    1500
    Big bears fan for almost 20 years. Of all my favorite sports teams (Bears, Celtics, Yankess) they rip my heart out the most every year. There's always just enough potential to tease, but deep down you know they just don't have what it takes. Had that feeling fro years. I really don't mind lovie. He's not Tom Landry, but he's a pretty good coach. I more so blame the front office. Their drafting on the offensive side of the ball has been pathetic. Give me 25% more productive offensive players out of our drafts and we might be an elite team. One thing about lovie though, that bend but don't break defense drives me nuts. For years I've watched too many good teams just nickel and dime their way down the field. Don't get me wrong, I recognize the value of our defense, but I'd like to see them be a little more stout. If they make the playoffs they'll be a sacrificial lamb for somebody...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •