Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: chicago bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Not me. I never thought we would make it past the NFCC the way we played.

Didn't even get there.
    Then you were among the minority. The vast majority seemed to think that the Chiefs game was a fluke. And there was little chance it would happen again. Even when the Packers started out slow this season, there were still quite a few that denied that the offense had been figured out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    Then you were among the minority. The vast majority seemed to think that the Chiefs game was a fluke. And there was little chance it would happen again. Even when the Packers started out slow this season, there were still quite a few that denied that the offense had been figured out.
    I thought we'd get punked by SF and NO would beat us too.

I actually thought we'd beat the Giants but it was obvious we were a paper tiger. The record never meant much to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    It's cool, it's just sickening to hear the only thing on the Vikings is about AP. Yeah he friggen awesome, but our defense is the unsung hero of our season, they've been amazing for us. But I'm done this thread isn't about the Vikings lol.
    I agree, the Vikings are a very old school team. Run the ball, play great defense. Unfortunately when you play that way and your running back is within striking distance of the single season rushing record, it means he's carrying the whole team

vCash
    I never understood why you guys put Tice as the OC. He's a great positional coach..but outside of that...meh.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    I never understood why you guys put Tice as the OC. He's a great positional coach..but outside of that...meh.
    Because otherwise the Bears would be working with an entirely new offense for the third time in four years. With him at least there's SOME consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I thought we'd get punked by SF and NO would beat us too.

I actually thought we'd beat the Giants but it was obvious we were a paper tiger. The record never meant much to me.
    I was shocked they even went 15-1 last year. It felt more like an 8-8 team that only overachieved because of nearly perfect QB play. That 2010 team was so much better in my opinion. And I'm not just saying that because of postseason success. They could have easily went 13-3 or better that season if not for injuries and inconsistent play. Lost 6 games by just 20 points (3,3,3,3,4,4). Defense also never allowed more than 26 points in their entire run. As improved as the defense is this year, there's no comparison between the two units.
    Last edited by DRS172; 12-24-2012 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple:24852864
    Meh. Many of us didn't even like him when he was just our o-line coach. He tried to fit a blocking scheme that didn't and still doesn't fit. Only now, we have an ENTIRE offensive scheme that doesn't fit and in the process killed the development of a few of our young o-linemen while overplaying players who clearly suck and have no drive to get better (Webb).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    I was shocked they even went 15-1 last year. It felt more like an 8-8 team that only overachieved because of nearly perfect QB play. That 2010 team was so much better in my opinion. And I'm not just saying that because of postseason success. They could have easily went 13-3 or better that season if not for injuries and inconsistent play. Lost 6 games by just 20 points (3,3,3,3,4,4). Defense also never allowed more than 26 points in their entire run. As improved as the defense is this year, there's no comparison between the two units.
    While this defense isnt as good as the 2010 squad, its not really that far off either. Its a hell of a lot closer to being as good as the 2010 squad then being as bad as the 2011 squad. The defense this year is ranked 7th, Last year 25th and 2nd in 2010.

vCash
    Get an offensive line that's not a joke

vCash
    Couldn't agree more. That's why Lovie needs to go

vCash
    I really don't think a lot of offensive coordinators are lining up to work with Cutler. The idea of trying to keep a similar offensive scheme makes sense too. I'm usually not one to blame coordinators, but I'm not a huge fan of Tice.

I don't think anyone could have expected the defense to keep up the pace as far as creating turnovers/scoring touchdowns is concerned. That said they have created enough turnovers during Lovie's tenure to make me think it's not all luck either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I really don't think a lot of offensive coordinators are lining up to work with Cutler. The idea of trying to keep a similar offensive scheme makes sense too. I'm usually not one to blame coordinators, but I'm not a huge fan of Tice.

I don't think anyone could have expected the defense to keep up the pace as far as creating turnovers/scoring touchdowns is concerned. That said they have created enough turnovers during Lovie's tenure to make me think it's not all luck either.
    It's not, Lovie is a terrific defensive mind. The problem is he's never had a good offensive coordinator fit. I don't know how much he has to do with that, but their failures in the past have been because of the offense. And he doesn't touch that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    While this defense isnt as good as the 2010 squad, its not really that far off either. Its a hell of a lot closer to being as good as the 2010 squad then being as bad as the 2011 squad. The defense this year is ranked 7th, Last year 25th and 2nd in 2010.
    The 2010 defense gave up only 295 points in 20 games. They allowed only 21 passing touchdowns and had 32 interceptions in the regular and postseason. Also gave up just 10 rushing touchdowns.

The 2012 defense has already given up 292 points, 21 passing touchdowns, and 11 rushing touchdowns in 5 less games. They've also had three different games where the opponent scored 30+ points (2010 defense had none over 26). They were never blown out or manhandled like this current group either.
    Last edited by DRS172; 12-25-2012 at 12:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post

I think it's more along the lines of not too many are lining up to work under a coach that's been on the hot seat for about 5 years. Lovie also doesn't have the greatest track record with assistants either...a lot of them have been the scapegoat during his tenure when the Bears don't live up to expectations.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-25-2012 at 04:37 AM.

vCash
    Dayum dude that guy got both Cutler and BM completely right while they were both still in Denver.

"Brandon Marshall needs to grow up too all this arguing with girlfriends and fiances, you're a professional athlete - GROW UP."
    Wow

That being said I believe BM has taken great strides in that respect.
    Nobody ****s with the Gustav

15 GA / 8 G / 3 A
    Adopt a Packers \/ Davante Adams and Sammy Shields

Davante Adams - 25 Rec, 273 Yards, 2 TD

Sam Shields- 18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 7 PassD

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast