Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I would also like to see the burks/foye back court.

vCash
    I sure hope it makes Utah go for a trade.

I have been messing around on the trade engine, and there are several PG's that I would personally go for.

The most obvious one is Jimmer. He is young, cheap and on a dog team that doesn't need him. Kings could use anyone from the Jazz, hell trade foye for him, or hand over Bell and Watson. Jimmer has a huge fan base here, and will draw in the crowds. I could see Jimmer growing with Utah's bench.

For Jose Calderon, he is expensive. We would have to trade Millsap to get him, or Al. He is an already established PG. Unless Utah plan to get rid of Mo, I can't see Utah going for a full replacement at this time. Unless Mo is out for a year, I would just look into one of these young blood PG's that can cycle in with Mo.

If Mo is out for a year, then I would let him run off in FA, and sign in someone like Calderon in a trade for Millsap or someone. I mean there are more established PG's, but I think were better off getting a bench PG like Jimmer(I also wish we could Lillard, I want him on Jazz so bad). I mean give him minutes and a year, and he would be our All Star, even Jimmer would be an amazing guy to build up.

We could get rid of Al, Paul, Marvin, and Foye and already have replacements. We lost Mo which was the last person who I would pick to not play. With his continual injuries, we need a back up man who can be a starter, but will work with our bench till there ready.

I wish we could afford both Mo and Calderon. I just can't believe how deep our other position are, but our PG was nothing but trouble to begin with. What were they thinking only having Mo, when we have no young draft pick to play his spot. So instead of getting a young guy from the 1st round draft like favors, kanter, burks and hayward, we got two players who should be 3rd stringers...not bench, and by god not starters.

Tinsley vs Chris Paul.....were so freaking screwed.......................Watson vs Any PG...were screwed!

vCash
    Mo with the bench would be amazing. Our starters are just pathetic, easily the worst bunch of starters in the west coast right now, at least the most inconsistant and pathetic at putting up their averages every game. Every other .500 team has their highest scorers making their points every night, and these teams have 2 guys making 20+ a night.

Al got 4 points against Pacers(Kanter makes more than that with way less minutes), Marvin got 2 points against Golden State(burk gets that in the last minutes to save the game), Foye never gets half his average and he is our Shooting Guard(people got durants and lebrons and Lillards who get over 20 a game, and we got foye who can't even make a wide open 3pt, he needs a PG to open him up)

Both our PG's got 0 points against Golden State, with a total of 7 assits combined! WTF is happening to the Jazz! They are in so much trouble, unless they fix the linups to help support Watson and Tinsly!

I think Utah should cycle the bench and starters:

I think Corbin needs to step up as coach, and let these starters see what real basketball players can do when given such an amazing opportunity to start on a NBA team!

Starters:
    Al, Favors, Burks, Hayward, and Tinsley
    (For some reason they won't just bench millsap, even though they know they are gonna trade him, I would say "sign this contract, or spend the season on the bench till we trade you)

Bench:
    Kanter, Millsap, Foye, Marvin and Watson.(for some reason marvin is on the starters)

I think this is roughly the best option, As for bench, I would consider cycling in Carroll before I put in Marvin.

I say this cause the bench are no longer a force without a solid PG, watson needs help at the bench to help out with opening up spots, cause we have been winning cause of our bench(now our bench is missing a vital position with tinsley, and now our starters(who have been extremely terrible) also have a vital missing piece without Mo!

If you benched these three players it might slap them silly and show them who is boss, and finally get their head out their arrogant wallets, and play it like they mean it. Corbin needs to man up, and bench guys when they don't produce, and I mean from the start, not half way through the game when they already screwed it up...again. He is just too afraid to bench Al and Paul from the start. I see no reason why to bench Al, but Favors should have been in Millsaps spot since the beginning of the year.

I think the last 10 games started out with a quick 10 point deficit, its obvious, put in burks instead of marvin, and Carroll instead of Foye. We need their quick energy, and they will produce. The problem is, they are gonna expect these guys to come in and just be amazing, and when they don't, they will just bench them again too quick. They need to get use to the start position. Our starters are obviously not getting use to being starters, maybe they will get use to being the bench where some belong!

Pretty much Jazz need to stop acting like they are a playoff threat this year, and swap the guys around to begin next years dominance while we figure stuff out, this is apparent now that Mo is out.
    The jazz just can't figure out what they want, which is delaying the inevitable. Might as well mess around this year, instead of doing this same old thing and then next year comes and they spend all year stunting the growth in their 1st rounders, just to be knocked out in the 1st round again(or not make it at all)! And next year comes and their guys aren't fully ready again!

Are season gets easier coming up, so if things don't change, then the Jazz better make some quick changes!!!

vCash
    Last edited by draino; 12-28-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Well, Al is the one go-to-guy on this team and is almost a lock to get 20-10 nightly. Sure he has his faults including pick and roll defense, speed and the inability to get to the free throw line. But his is the one guy the Jazz can count on down the stretch of close ball games.

Milly is a nice matchup problem but his is still an undersized four and has never developed into the primary post up player this offense needs. Love the guy, but I think he is the odd man out this offseason.

The Jazz need a wing that can create his own shot and shots for others. A guy who is a scoring threat and a go-to-guy. Imagine this Jazz team intact minus perhaps Millsap with a quality wing that could reliably produce 20+ per night.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Ouch. Jimmer? At PG? Seriously? C'mon.

Now I'm a Ute so that means I might be guilty of anti-Jimmer bias, and I'm also a Husky so what about Isaiah Thomas? Undersized by he's a scoring PG. (and better than Jimmer)

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Toronto i hear is now wanting to get rif of lowry and keep calderon.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    Toronto i hear is now wanting to get rif of lowry and keep calderon.
    If thats true, their more stupid than I thought possible. They just signed Lowry.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    no they deal was they gave up a garunteed lotto pick for him. I don't buy it

vCash
    That's just what I read in hoopshype yesterday.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    I would love Lowry on this team, perfect fit. The Raptors can keep Jose all they want.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bl8g56x

Raptors:
    Jose
    DeDrozan
    Ross
    Valciocuosu (ha spell?)
    Jefferson

Jazz:
    Lowry/Burks/Tinsley/Watson
    Fields/Foye/Burks
    Marvin/Hayward/Fields
    Millsap/Favors/Evans
    Favors/Kanter/Gray
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Nice, cause if we had a guy who could actually put over 15pt a night at PF, and get 10 rebounds, we would be awesome! Although I am on the fence about Mo Williams. He is just injured to much. I would like to see a PG, who can open the lane, open shots, and run the offense. If we got someone who could do this in both Starter and Bench, and have a new PF, we would be set.

I like this:

Lowry/Mo
    Fields/Burks
    Hayward/Carroll (Fields would make a better team player than Marvin)
    Millsap/Favors
    Al/Kanter

I read that to, about Lowry. If Jazz were after Calderon, and they let us get Lowry, we would be so lucky! I can think of several guys who we could potentially get but lowry would be cool! I mean if we keep our current bench, but get a new bench PG, and then fill out our Starters with a new PF, that would be nice.

I said Jimmer because we could easily get him, and he would make for a better PG to grow with our bench than Tinsly or Watson, cause he is young, and will fit in with our other 1st round picks(plus he is a local)(My Dad said he would refuse to watch Jazz if they get Jimmer, because he hates everyone talking about him).
    Anyone who can cycle with Mo, it would make us a more solid team. The bench needs any PG, cause they will produce either way(Even with Watson they almost made a come back vs GS). Getting a leader in PG, would make them even better.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-27-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12