Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Look at what a nightmare the Knicks were 3 years ago.....Walsh made so many unpopular moves. And like switching on a light, BAM all the sudden we were in great positioning for melo, Amare, tyson, Kidd, felton, etc.....Now we are awesome, and still set to spend in the future. Alderson s doing the exact same thing without a salary cap.
    Agreed but baseball is different and more than one piece needs to be acquired. There is also much more random variation in baseball so what might look great on paper does not always work out(Red Sox, Angels, etc. come to mind)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Agreed but baseball is different and more than one piece needs to be acquired. There is also much more random variation in baseball so what might look great on paper does not always work out(Red Sox, Angels, etc. come to mind)
    I understand the difference, but i clearly remember how the 1986 mets were built. Popular players traded, smart cost efficent moves, young stud prospects brought along smartly, and a very wise GM who held out for exactly what this team needed.
    Mazilli for terrill, and darling was dickey for D'anaurd and a young lightning arm
    Beltran for wheeler was brilliant, carlos can tell his grandkids that he was once traded for this future stud.
    Terrill for Hojo is next.....who will it be?

I am so excited for the future. I have faith in alderson, its going to be a bright, bright sunshiney day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I understand the difference, but i clearly remember how the 1986 mets were built. Popular players traded, smart cost efficent moves, young stud prospects brought along smartly, and a very wise GM who held out for exactly what this team needed.
    Mazilli for terrill, and darling was dickey for D'anaurd and a young lightning arm
    Beltran for wheeler was brilliant, carlos can tell his grandkids that he was once traded for this future stud.
    Terrill for Hojo is next.....who will it be?

I am so excited for the future. I have faith in alderson, its going to be a bright, bright sunshiney day!
    Stop comparing now to 1986. It's a different year with different prospects.

vCash
    He's just saying how the two scenerio's are similar. Of course things are different and the past result shouldn't be expected.

Hopefully things do turn out like they did in '86, though.

vCash
    How do you know this? You know that winning games means more revenue and more money right?
    Yeah, so why don't they try and win? why didn't they finish teams off previously? why do they never take a shot at the deadline?

I know this because I have watch these creeps operate for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yeah, so why don't they try and win? why didn't they finish teams off previously? why do they never take a shot at the deadline?

I know this because I have watch these creeps operate for years.
    Because they are rebuilding.

vCash
    Roughly $25-30M per season between the two seems reasonable in the current market.(they will be there, Braves and Brewers don't spend a ton in FA)

I didn't say the pen would be completely homegrown, I said they can get 2 quality arms from FA. Some scrap-heap signing also tend to work with pen arms.

Harvey looks like he is on his way to being a star. Wheeler is supposed to be better.(I doubt it but we'll see) d'Arnaud doesn't have to be a star to be a valuable piece either given he's a catcher.
    You're counting your chickens before they hatched! Braves insiders have already indicated Braves' plans to extend Prado this year. Braves GM also said so on a local radio station during winter meetings when asked how he is willing to spend the $10m left in the budget for this year.

Braves have no one close to being ready in the system to take over 3B. Prado is the Braves's 3B. He's too valuable to the braves beyond his offensive numbers. I wouldn't count on him being a FA. Unless you believe They'll let him walk only to go spend money on another 3B when they already have a fan favorite Prado.
    El Oso Blanco

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789