Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Mateo, Montero, Rosario, Lupo, Ynoa, and Garcia weren't drafted. We've only tanked 2 seasons, that isn't anything big. Next year will be the third, and after that has been yet to be determined.

Exactly! Shedding salary is one of the main components of rebuilding.
    At last we agree. The Wilpons shedding salary and putting the savings into their pockets is a main component of them rebuilding their personal wealth.

The team is another story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    At last we agree. The Wilpons shedding salary and putting the savings into their pockets is a main component of them rebuilding their personal wealth.

The team is another story.
    We needed rebuilding regardless of their personal finances. Again, 2014 will show if they care about the product of the team by investing some money in it. This was not the year to spend.

vCash
    We needed rebuilding regardless of their personal finances. Again, 2014 will show if they care about the product of the team by investing some money in it. This was not the year to spend.
    What you gonna say next year when they don't do much?

'This wasn't the year to spend'?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post

The off season of 2012-13 is not the year to spend. There's no one out there that would have made a discernible difference to the 2013 season so why spin wheels? I'm fine with them not spending money now.

At some point it will be beneficial for them to pull out the checkbook even if it isn't this year. But like you, i have my doubts.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The off season of 2012-13 is not the year to spend. There's no one out there that would have made a discernible difference to the 2013 season so why spin wheels? I'm fine with them not spending money now.

At some point it will be beneficial for them to pull out the checkbook even if it isn't this year. But like you, i have my doubts.

Nonsense. A couple of shrewdish small signings for the OF and BP would have helped now and down the line. There's no perfect storm for spending, people are acting like this is some baseball sim game, where you save all your resources and then go crazy and a winner falls into place.

Why spin wheels? that's EXACTLY what we're doing now and have been doing for years and we've done nothing during that time to change that.

Are you one of these people who thinks that if they don't spend now they'll spend more next year?

Come on, you're not that naive.

Who is going to make a discernible difference next year?

If this team is such a mess that it cannot be helped this year, how is going to be so much better going into the Winter on 2013?

We've lost an ace as you know, the team is actually weaker already than last year, but by Oct 2013 we're on the cusp?

Doesn't make sense.

*Fast forward 12 months and i'll bet people on this very same site are saying 'There was nothing out there' 'FA looks better next year' ' No point spending this year wait till next year'.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-27-2012 at 01:17 PM.

vCash

I've asked you this before and you haven't responded: Do you really believe that even Sandy Alderson can sell a $50M payroll to NY fans? I don't think so.

vCash
    Nonsense. A couple of shrewdish small signings for the OF and BP would have helped now and down the line. There's no perfect storm for spending, people are acting like this is some baseball sim game, where you save all your resources and then go crazy and a winner falls into place.

Why spin wheels? that's EXACTLY what we're doing now and have been doing for years and we've done nothing during that time to change that.

Are you one of these people who thinks that if they don't spend now they'll spend more next year?

If this team is such a mess that it cannot be helped this year, how is going to be so much better going into the Winter on 2013?

We've lost an ace as you know, the team is actually weaker already than last year, but by Oct 2013 we're on the cusp?

Doesn't make sense.

*Fast forward 12 months and i'll bet people on this very same site are saying 'There was nothing out there' 'FA looks better next year' ' No point spending this year wait till next year'.
    Like who? Why not give examples instead of spouting off garbage.

It's clear they want to work with a $100M payroll moving forward so Sandy gets his chance to spend a significant free agents next year.

No one is saying that this is a sure playoff team in 2014, but it will be the year where we take a big step forward.

vCash

Doesn't make sense.

No. I'm saying the right fits aren't available that would make a difference right now. Spending money now would be for the sake of spending money, not for improving the team. Why tie some player up now for three years when you don't even know where you'll be a year from now, let alone three?

But as I've said before McFly, I also don't think they're going to spend when it would otherwise make sense in a year or two. But you're just going to ignore that common ground and go right on insisting that they should be spending now anyway.

So why not do us both a favor and just agree to disagree?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I've asked you this before and you haven't responded: Do you really believe that even Sandy Alderson can sell a $50M payroll to NY fans? I don't think so.
    He is successfully selling NY fans an annual poo-burger, so yes.

I doubt they'll come in at $50M, but are they going to spend to win?

I don't think so. I think what we're gonna get is a cheaper 75-80 win type team than we had 3-4 years ago, when all is said and done.

It's gonna be 'If a lot of things go our way' all over again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No. I'm saying the right fits aren't available that would make a difference right now. Spending money now would be for the sake of spending money, not for improving the team. Why tie some player up now for three years when you don't even know where you'll be a year from now, let alone three?

But as I've said before McFly, I also don't think they're going to spend when it would otherwise make sense in a year or two. But you're just going to ignore that common ground and go right on insisting that they should be spending no w anyway.

So why not do us both a favor and just agree to disagree?

I'll agree to disagree. But the annual stand-pat routine is getting us nowhere, if you don't fill holes you'll always have too many holes, that's why you bring in smaller pieces as you go along.

But whatever, it's just going to be the same story again next year. Not enough pieces, poor FA class, too many holes, so why bother spending?

It'll all be different in 2015 though...

+

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Every year there can be that same excuse, not the right fit, too high for us, don't want to overpay for mediocrity.

They could have filled holes this year, and I'm afraid the same excuse will come next winter, and a lot of people will say ok Sandy you got us Wheeler, and D'arnaud we trust you, lets wait one more year for that perfect situation.

I still have hope, but not a lot.

Won't be able to deal with another winter like this.

vCash

A few thoughts on the organization's strategy moving forward...

Listen to the old man.

Winter is comming.

vCash
    I'll agree to disagree. But the annual stand-pat routine is getting us nowhere, if you don't fill holes you'll always have too many holes, that's why you bring in smaller pieces as you go along.

But whatever, it's just going to be the same story again next year. Not enough pieces, poor FA class, too many holes, so why bother spending?

It'll all be different in 2015 though...

+
    I think we both know it won't be.

vCash
    He is successfully selling NY fans an annual poo-burger, so yes.

I doubt they'll come in at $50M, but are they going to spend to win?

I don't think so. I think what we're gonna get is a cheaper 75-80 win type team than we had 3-4 years ago, when all is said and done.

It's gonna be 'If a lot of things go our way' all over again.
    There will be about $35-40M on the payroll for 2014 with no moves made. They will make some moves to get at least in the $80M range. 2015 is a better FA I believe so blowing away all the flexibility might not be wise.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    There will be about $35-40M on the payroll for 2014 with no moves made. They will make some moves to get at least in the $80M range. 2015 is a better FA I believe so blowing away all the flexibility might not be wise.
    There it goes, already making excuses for them not to do much next offseason.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast