Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Shows how much people forget...I am not defending his recent contracts but there was a time where Revis Harris Brick Mangold were all considered elite and needed contracts...guess what....Tanny did it.
    Yeah. The media and fanbase were screaming that if Tranny didn't back up a truck full of money for the "core 4" he was an incompentent idiot.

Those are the same people who 4 years ago said that if Tranny was committed to winning, he'd do whatever it took to get Sanchez in the draft.

I think Tranny had Omar Minaya syndrome. He was so worried about kowtowing to the talking heads that he forgot what his mission was.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I don't believe the article. So supposedly we have reached out to people while the season is going on, and told them they will be forced to keep Tanny, and they said no then found this reporter and told him about this.

********. Woody probably would just like to demote him, but I don't think its a coincidence that rumor was out then this.

Anyways, to address this, what I am fairly confident is a lie, as we saw in Hard Knocks Tanny would often give Rex options on certain players and where it would affect them based on contracts. That and taking PART in negotiations and being in the war room is probably the scope if we keep him. None of that is forcing anything on anyone. You think if the next GM wants to negotiate a deal he is going to say no, I was demoted to this so I am not going to let you do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So be it, I'll take a knowledgeable qualified GM over Tanny's accounting ability.
    I agree and X gets the square.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Yeah. The media and fanbase were screaming that if Tranny didn't back up a truck full of money for the "core 4" he was an incompentent idiot.

Those are the same people who 4 years ago said that if Tranny was committed to winning, he'd do whatever it took to get Sanchez in the draft.

I think Tranny had Omar Minaya syndrome. He was so worried about kowtowing to the talking heads that he forgot what his mission was.
    But I also believe that the "Core 4" contracts weren't as hard to put together as many Jets fans made them out to believe. IMO, they took longer than they should have. Even Revis' new contract shouldn't be that hard to figure out!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Are you serious? Look lets dump hi tomorrow for a good GM, but Revis was trying to get more money then star QBs and his agents are dicks. That doesn't fit in the easy bracket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Are you serious? Look lets dump hi tomorrow for a good GM, but Revis was trying to get more money then star QBs and his agents are dicks. That doesn't fit in the easy bracket.
    No, Revis' contract is NOT hard to figure out. At the time, many people had Nnamdi Asomugha as the 1B CB in the NFL. His contract was 5 years, 60 million (12 million per year) with 25 million guaranteed.

SO, if you think Revis is above Asomugha then you use his contract as your guide. You give Revis 5-7 years (however many each side is comfortable with) for the length of the deal.

If Asomugha is getting 12 million a year and you believe Revis is above him, you figure on a contract at an average of 13-15 million per season.

Asomugha's deal guaranteed 25 of the 60 million, which equates to 41.6% of the contract. If you believe Revis is above that, you guarantee anywhere between 45-50% of the contract.

A good contract for Revis, based on these parameters is a 6 year deal worth 84 million with between 38-42 million of it guaranteed Offer this deal, and Revis will be a Jet!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So be it, I'll take a knowledgeable qualified GM over Tanny's accounting ability.
    Seriousy. How is Tannebaum getting all this credit as a cap guy? thats not a talent. hire another accountant.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Ill take fireman Ed as a GM rite now... Anyone but tanny.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Tanny has been living off his cap genius reputation for far too long.

His rep was built in the 90's when the the salary cap was introduced. People at the time still didn't know how to manage it. Or find loopholes around it. To his credit though he did.

But that's ancient history nowadays. You can find any GM/Accountant that can work the cap just as well as Tanny can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Tanny has been living off his cap genius reputation for far too long.

His rep was built in the 90's when the the salary cap was introduced. People at the time still didn't know how to manage it. Or find loopholes around it. To his credit though he did.

But that's ancient history nowadays. You can find any GM/Accountant that can work the cap just as well as Tanny can.
    Well here's how I remember it. If I've got the timeline wrong, please let me know because I'm trying to make sense of it.

Tanny was hired in the 90's to help Parcells manage the cap, and the cap was in good shape.

Then Bradway was the GM, and the cap was a complete mess. Wasn't Tanny still here? Wan't he the guru? Did Bradway not listen to Tanny?

Then Tanny was made the GM because he was such a cap guru...but Bradway is still around helping him to make football decisions.

Now there's talk about bringing in a new GM, but they want Tanny to stay on. Does Bradway still stay? Does any GM on this team ever actually get fired?

The entire FO needs to be evaluated and if Woody decides to replace the GM, he needs to replace him, not reassigned. He already failed as a cap guru in with Bradway here. I'm all for loyalty, but this is no way to run a business...unless (apparently) it's the gub-mint.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    u have to dump him

his presence will be toxic to another regime whether its intended or not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12