Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2012 Season Wrap Up

Beating the Cowboys was an awesome end to a weird season!

Like others said I could care less if we lose to Carolina or not.

I hope nobody gets injured and the guys just go out and have fun.

I'm just glad this is over.

I love the fact that our defense looked better later in the year.

The front office certainly has a lot of work to do with the salary cap and draft not to mention signing Coach SP again.

And going forward we still have a very solid Offense 3rd Overall.

Obviously having the last ranked defense isn't what we want but it sure didn't feel like the last ranked defense to me in the latter part of the season.

We can build around Brees on Offense and Lofton on Defense and push for a better season in 2013.

I have little doubt that we will be a top tier team again.

WHO DAT!

Any Final thoughts on the season?
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Beating the Cowboys was an awesome end to a weird season!

Like others said I could care less if we lose to Carolina or not.

I hope nobody gets injured and the guys just go out and have fun.

I'm just glad this is over.

I love the fact that our defense looked better later in the year.

The front office certainly has a lot of work to do with the salary cap and draft not to mention signing Coach SP again.

And going forward we still have a very solid Offense 3rd Overall.

Obviously having the last ranked defense isn't what we want but it sure didn't feel like the last ranked defense to me in the latter part of the season.

We can build around Brees on Offense and Lofton on Defense and push for a better season in 2013.

I have little doubt that we will be a top tier team again.

WHO DAT!

Any Final thoughts on the season?
    I agree, the defense is definitely rounding into shape. Give Spags another year to get his guys, get Payton back, and we will be a super bowl contender once again.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Payton is the biggest key. This isn't a good team without him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:24855421
    Payton is the biggest key. This isn't a good team without him.
    I think with this offense and an improving defense as long as we have a consistent identity this offseason. I think we can still contend for a superbowl nobody is crushing other teams except for maybe the Seahawks wow

Anyway next season we will be right back in the mix as long as we get a regular offseason with a HC dont get me wrong though I respect Paytons value but this team showed me when the D is clicking and the playcalling is balanced we can beat anybody in the NFL even on the road in the playoffs! Yea I said it
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I think with this offense and an improving defense as long as we have a consistent identity this offseason. I think we can still contend for a superbowl nobody is crushing other teams except for maybe the Seahawks wow

Anyway next season we will be right back in the mix as long as we get a regular offseason with a HC dont get me wrong though I respect Paytons value but this team showed me when the D is clicking and the playcalling is balanced we can beat anybody in the NFL even on the road in the playoffs! Yea I said it
    Payton brings consistency and a much more stable, balanced, more dangerous offense. Payton covers up the holes that we've seen this year
    Last edited by saintsfan33; 12-26-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Jahri Evans, Thomas Morestead make pro bowl

vCash
    Alot of people were giving Spags crap because of how bad the D has been this season, and rightfully so...to an extent. I think that with better players and more time, the defense will get there. Maybe not as opportunistic as our Super Bowl year, but definitely better overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSaints23 View Post
    Alot of people were giving Spags crap because of how bad the D has been this season, and rightfully so...to an extent. I think that with better players and more time, the defense will get there. Maybe not as opportunistic as our Super Bowl year, but definitely better overall.
    I agree, next year our defense will be in the top half of the league, which is really all we need

vCash
    QB - Brees really missed Payton plain and simple. Another nice year but didn't look great at times and for the paycheck he is gettting he must look great all the time.

RB - too many cooks in the kitchen. Someone must go or a few must go. I would see what PT nets us because I think he has the most value in any trade. Ingram was running much better at the end of the season when given the ball consistently. Sproles may have to go for salary and his replacement in the draft. Ivory for some reason I like him alot. He runs very hard and just using the eye test when he came back this season that is when I saw PT and Ingram bringing the hit to the defense.

WR - Love Marques and Lance. Henderson its sad to say this but is not on the roster next year because we found his replacement in Morgan. That guy can really get down the field.

TE - after Jimmy Grabs we have a big drop off in production but then again every team minus the Pats do at TE. In blocking plays we are ok there with Thomas.

OL - We need tackles and Ill just leave it at that.

Def - Not one person should think their job is safe next year. Yes we do have some talent and we played very well at the end of the year but no one is safe from trade or being cut. We did have some bright spots in some plays this past year Wilson, Cam, Quddus, Robinson, Jenkins, Lofton just to name the ones off the top of my head. They seemed to really step up late. We do have one of the worst defenses in the NFL so we can't say that we have elite talent back there because even with a new defensive scheme the defense would still step up if we had tons of talent. Obviously Will Smith will not be here but that shouldn't be any surprise.

I love my Saints and I really think with a consistent HC hopefully Payton we will easily be a playoff team and take the division. We were in the hunt for most of the season so we do have a talented team we just missed our HC.

WHO DAT!
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    QB - Brees really missed Payton plain and simple. Another nice year but didn't look great at times and for the paycheck he is gettting he must look great all the time.

RB - too many cooks in the kitchen. Someone must go or a few must go. I would see what PT nets us because I think he has the most value in any trade. Ingram was running much better at the end of the season when given the ball consistently. Sproles may have to go for salary and his replacement in the draft. Ivory for some reason I like him alot. He runs very hard and just using the eye test when he came back this season that is when I saw PT and Ingram bringing the hit to the defense.

WR - Love Marques and Lance. Henderson its sad to say this but is not on the roster next year because we found his replacement in Morgan. That guy can really get down the field.

TE - after Jimmy Grabs we have a big drop off in production but then again every team minus the Pats do at TE. In blocking plays we are ok there with Thomas.

OL - We need tackles and Ill just leave it at that.

Def - Not one person should think their job is safe next year. Yes we do have some talent and we played very well at the end of the year but no one is safe from trade or being cut. We did have some bright spots in some plays this past year Wilson, Cam, Quddus, Robinson, Jenkins, Lofton just to name the ones off the top of my head. They seemed to really step up late. We do have one of the worst defenses in the NFL so we can't say that we have elite talent back there because even with a new defensive scheme the defense would still step up if we had tons of talent. Obviously Will Smith will not be here but that shouldn't be any surprise.

I love my Saints and I really think with a consistent HC hopefully Payton we will easily be a playoff team and take the division. We were in the hunt for most of the season so we do have a talented team we just missed our HC.

WHO DAT!
    One bright spot I saw especially later in the season is Drew Brees seemed to grow in game management.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed with Payton the play calls would come in and Drew was used to just executing the plays as is and they worked.

But I saw him get better at not just changing routes in a pass play but it seems he learned to audible to some timely run calls.

This is something that will add another element of skill to his already talented game.

Game management is why Peyton Manning has the Broncos on a winning streak headed into the Playoffs.

Sean Payton managed the game for Drew and this season he got to work on his game management skills which obviously will be awesome for us if Payton was to decide to remain Head Coach for his sons Pee Wee league
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I'm just happy we got to beat Dallas, Atlanta and Philadelphia this year hahaha. Only good part about the season, got to talk some smack to my buddies
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I'm just happy we got to beat Dallas, Atlanta and Philadelphia this year hahaha. Only good part about the season, got to talk some smack to my buddies
    same thing for me, would've been tough if we lost to Philly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    I agree, next year our defense will be in the top half of the league, which is really all we need
    Which is something to be happy about that it really is all we need. A couple of those "potential players" that haven't panned out could turn it on, combined with more experience and better coaching situation... Saints are a tremendous power if the defense is just average.