Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lovie Smith?

vCash

Lovie Smith?

I don't like Spags period. Dude you finished last and your players don't respect you. I may piss some people off with this because they will say give him time. But your time should have ended when we finished worst EVER!!!!!!! I guess I would have been ok and made a excuse for him if we finished 27 or something but worst in HISTORY just rubs me the wrong way. It also seemed he started to blitz more and that wasn't his style. It just seemed like he was trying to piggy back off of Greg Williams scheme. I just think Lovie is better than Spags. I'm sure we will keep him and the Lovie thing will never happen just curious on others opinion of this. Hell I would have rather let Under run the D and run hi 7-4 or what ever it is he wants to run. At least they would have both produced the same

BAD DIRTY BIRD

vCash
    Spags is Payton's handpicked guy. he isn't going anywhere until Payton gets a year with him, or at least meets with him. But theres a bunch of good DC options, between Lovie, Ray Horton, and Rob Ryan. personally i want to give Spags another year
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    I don't like Spags period. Dude you finished last and your players don't respect you. I may piss some people off with this because they will say give him time. But your time should have ended when we finished worst EVER!!!!!!! I guess I would have been ok and made a excuse for him if we finished 27 or something but worst in HISTORY just rubs me the wrong way. It also seemed he started to blitz more and that wasn't his style. It just seemed like he was trying to piggy back off of Greg Williams scheme. I just think Lovie is better than Spags. I'm sure we will keep him and the Lovie thing will never happen just curious on others opinion of this. Hell I would have rather let Under run the D and run hi 7-4 or what ever it is he wants to run. At least they would have both produced the same
    My 4-4 is the modern day 4-3 enhanced with the Safety/LB position playing at the second level instead along the line of scrimmage.

Anyway I said before I thought Spags realized why GW used Harper like he did you have to do something with him thats benefits his strengths. I also think he realized that this group doesn't get sacks and significant pressure much without sending 5-6 players at times.

So Im sure Spags would love better coverage and more pressure up front but who wouldn't?

I'll tell you who wouldn't Lovie Smith.

Now I was brief when I first heard Lovie was fired but in my head I was dead serious. I would love him as DC, but I think he only wants HC role and the DC role.

Here's why.

Smiths Cover 2 is perfect for the Saints you know why its a 4-3 thats first.

It allows two deep Safeties and we know Harper and Jenkins arent the best but at least in this defense giving up yards is planned all they have to do is divide the field and stay deeper than the deepest again knowing that yardage uinderneath will be given up.

Its all a set up until that defense gets in the red zone if the offense can make it there.

Point two where did the Saints flourish and shine most this season on D? IN THE REDZONE!

Cover 2 aint all about blitzes either since we aren't the greatest blitzers anyway this fits.

I have zero doubt that Lovie's scheme would turn this team around cause it fits the personel. I'm just hoping Spags scheme does cause he has to find the right personnel to do it.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-17-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    My 4-4 is the modern day 4-3 enhanced with the Safety/LB position playing at the second level instead along the line of scrimmage.

Anyway I said before I thought Spags realized why GW used Harper like he did you have to do something with him thats benefits his strengths. I also think he realized that this group doesn't get sacks and significant pressure much without sending 5-6 players at times.

So Im sure Spags would love better coverage and more pressure up front but who wouldn't?

I'll tell you who wouldn't Lovie Smith.

Now I was brief when I first heard Lovie was fired but in my head I was dead serious. I would love him as DC, but I think he only wants HC role and the DC role.

Here's why.

Smiths Cover 2 is perfect for the Saints you know why its a 4-3 thats first.

It allows two deep Safeties and we know Harper and Jenkins arent the best but at least in this defense giving up yards is planned all they have to do is divide the field and stay deeper than the deepest again knowing that yardage uinderneath will be given up.

Its all a set up until that defense gets in the red zone if the offense can make it there.

Point two where did the Saints flourish and shine most this season on D? IN THE REDZONE!

Cover 2 aint all about blitzes either since we aren't the greatest blitzers anyway this fits.

I have zero doubt that Lovie's scheme would turn this team around cause it fits the personel. I'm just hoping Spags scheme does cause he has to find the right personnel to do it.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    The Saints gave up more yards than anyone in history, yet didn't even finish last in points allowed (Titans). I believe the draft will help. Spags needs his guys to run his scheme, not GW's guys. 33 nailed it: Payton wants to work with his guy.

vCash
    Ok, forget about Lovie Smith. He would rather sit out a year and see what Head jobs open up after next season than take a DC job this offseason

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuse...19310718296064

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Shouldn't have thought of him, anyway. Spags gets hated on for trying to run his scheme with players not built for it. How good would Payton be in Arizona, KC or Jacksonville? Even great coaches need the right personnel.

vCash
    My opinion is We get the pass rush together from the front 4 Spags will thrive

But again as I stated back in my 4-4 posts having a pass rush from the front 4 and being able to take the remaining 7 and do what you please is an ideal situation Any DC would love to have that!

If we are unable to get a better pass rush for next season its still incumbent upon Spags to find a way for this D to play better.

Else and Im just calling like I see it we brought in the wrong guy for our personnel

But I think Lovie's system would work with the current roster better pass rush AS IS.

I'll entertain any hypothetical but obviously in reality it doesn't seem likely that Spags would be let go. And like I said in my post and Neo reiterated Lovie wants a HC job.

So the real hypothetical for discussion here is Should we fire Sean Payton for Lovie Smith somebody just passed out reading this line

Seriously though if we start next season off sucking on D we shouldn't wait another 6 - 7 games before we make a change or else we miss playoffs again.

Can't wait to see what happens.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-18-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I don't pretend to know the magic bullet for defense... but that would be really surprising if they got rid of Spags in his first year... even if he wasn't a payton pick.

But this is an interesting idea in general with so many experienced coaches, assistants getting let loose.

vCash
    My opinion is We get the pass rush together from the front 4 Spags will thrive

But again as I stated back in my 4-4 posts having a pass rush from the front 4 and being able to take the remaining 7 and do what you please is an ideal situation Any DC would love to have that!

If we are unable to get a better pass rush for next season its still incumbent upon Spags to find a way for this D to play better.

Else and Im just calling like I see it we brought in the wrong guy for our personnel

But I think Lovie's system would work with the current roster better pass rush AS IS.

I'll entertain any hypothetical but obviously in reality it doesn't seem likely that Spags would be let go. And like I said in my post and Neo reiterated Lovie wants a HC job.

So the real hypothetical for discussion here is Should we fire Sean Payton for Lovie Smith somebody just passed out reading this line

Seriously though if we start next season off sucking on D we shouldn't wait another 6 - 7 games before we make a change or else we miss playoffs again.

Can't wait to see what happens.
    That's the biggest bunch of bull I've seen! Under stop misinforming people with inaccurate info!
    ACTUALLY:
    Love Smith 'cover2' scheme is the same as Spaggs, except for the MLB field coverage and CB shorten coverage in the Cover2 responsibilities. But both defenses rely on the Front 4 to generate a Pass Rush with the other 7 dropping back in coverage! Love demands all defenders to run to the ball carrier and strip the ball!

Both defense's are the same just different assignments/responsibilities!

Which the Saints lack personnel
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-18-2013 at 11:37 PM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    That's the biggest bunch of bull I've seen! Under stop misinforming people with inaccurate info!
    ACTUALLY:
    Love Smith 'cover2' scheme is the same as Spaggs, except for the MLB field coverage and CB shorten coverage in the Cover2 responsibilities. But both defenses rely on the Front 4 to generate a Pass Rush with the other 7 dropping back in coverage! Love depends all defenders to run to the ball carrier and strip the ball!

Yeah, they aren't that different to me. Lovie doesn't use as much zone blitz, i guess

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Yeah, they aren't that different to me. Lovie doesn't use as much zone blitz, i guess
    You're right Neo!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    ACTUALLY:
    Love Smith 'cover2' scheme is the same as Spaggs, except for the MLB field coverage and CB shorten coverage in the Cover2 responsibilities. But both defenses rely on the Front 4 to generate a Pass Rush with the other 7 dropping back in coverage! Love demands all defenders to run to the ball carrier and strip the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    You guys are right.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100YardField View Post
    I don't pretend to know the magic bullet for defense... but that would be really surprising if they got rid of Spags in his first year... even if he wasn't a payton pick.

But this is an interesting idea in general with so many experienced coaches, assistants getting let loose.
    Whats up 100 yard I definitely dont have the magic bullet either but I will speculate at it.

LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Whats up 100 yard I definitely dont have the magic bullet either but I will speculate at it.

Might as well. Some of the best ideas have come from wild speculation!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast