Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Andy Reid fired.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that coach Andy Reid was informed during a Friday meeting with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie that he'd be fired after the season finale against the New York Giants, according to two sources. The Eagles are expected to formally announce Reid's firing Monday.

The Eagles strongly denied the report, saying Lurie and Reid will meet Monday. During the Eagles' postgame news conference, Reid denied talking to Lurie about his job status.

The quick decision comes as no surprise. The Eagles are expected to aggressively go after some of the big names available in the coaching market. Oregon coach Chip Kelly and Penn State coach Bill O'Brien have been tied to Philadelphia in various reports.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000118990/

vCash
    before anyone says... isnt there Threads for this? get over it. theres a roster thread that has 1029812098 pages that no one wants to look thru, so please keep this one up.

As for him being fired ...

I dont like it honestly, not saying its not a good move, but the truth is andy reid is the only coach i know, i started watching the eagles the day he took over. hearing EVERY eagles fan talk about HOW BAD reid is, and how he cant win the big game, timeouts, clock management etc... Does anyone realize he was actually a good coach, i think everyone at somepoint is going to say " Maybe he was not so bad " ... Once we bring in some college coach that we have NO IDEA what he is about could be a very big mistake, we can easily be nothing for the next 5-6 years. I've asked hundreds of people this question... Okay so now what? who's the coach now? they all say , ANYTHING is better then Andy Reid lol , which is stupidity andy reid is a great coach bottom line, he will be missed... either way im done ranting . lets GO BIRDS!
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    before anyone says... isnt there Threads for this? get over it. theres a roster thread that has 1029812098 pages that no one wants to look thru, so please keep this one up.

As for him being fired ...

I dont like it honestly, not saying its not a good move, but the truth is andy reid is the only coach i know, i started watching the eagles the day he took over. hearing EVERY eagles fan talk about HOW BAD reid is, and how he cant win the big game, timeouts, clock management etc... Does anyone realize he was actually a good coach, i think everyone at somepoint is going to say " Maybe he was not so bad " ... Once we bring in some college coach that we have NO IDEA what he is about could be a very big mistake, we can easily be nothing for the next 5-6 years. I've asked hundreds of people this question... Okay so now what? who's the coach now? they all say , ANYTHING is better then Andy Reid lol , which is stupidity andy reid is a great coach bottom line, he will be missed... either way im done ranting . lets GO BIRDS!
    Already threads for this.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    I have great respect for Andy,but we just need change as an organization....would rather have o'brien or gruden...chip kelly reminds me of steve spurrier.I just dont see that fast break college offense being very successful...also wouldnt mind Gruden or Roman...having the 4th pick in the draft should help, asumming we dont blow it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Already threads for this.
    Dude honestly, Its like you and maybe 10 other guys that post in those threads with millions pf pages, how exactly do you figure people stay on Topic?

Mods Delete Threads when they get off topic, but that Thread about the draft talks about 100's of different things , unless you literally spend 24-7 blogging lol, there is no way to follow, or give an opinion . its kinda Dumb
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles710 View Post
    Dude honestly, Its like you and maybe 10 other guys that post in those threads with millions pf pages, how exactly do you figure people stay on Topic?

Mods Delete Threads when they get off topic, but that Thread about the draft talks about 100's of different things , unless you literally spend 24-7 blogging lol, there is no way to follow, or give an opinion . its kinda Dumb
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...oach-andy-reid
    16 posts. 16.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    it was expected.

sad news

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    they better not hire a college coach.

vCash
    ^^^ Keep hearing in inner circles eagles are going hard after Penn State's Bill O'Brien

vCash
    I wouldn't mind O'Brien coming in here....he's a former NFL assistant with ties to the New England organization. He had Penn State play very well this season and I think he'd do a good job for this team. Plus being a coach in college he'd have a better view of some of the prospects that teams may pass over in the draft...

vCash
    i'll miss you big red. can we fire mornhinweg and roseman too?

vCash
    Roseman isnt bad, hes got some good contracts while here so far. Lets see what he does with some of these big strikeouts though.

But yeah Marty will be gone for sure...i can stamp that and take it to the bank

vCash
    I'll miss Reid. Marty..not so much.

vCash
    best news I've heard all year!
    new coaching staff with creative run plays, i love run option offense, that put alot of pressure on the defense to read and react on the fly.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    I won't miss him. Best news of the day so far. We didn't get a meaningless 5th win, and we're starting fresh with a new coach. I'm excited

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast