Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What is the case for Iverson over Wade all time?

When listing SG I see some put Iverson over Wade. What would be the main reason for this?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Wade is like the 4th best SG of all time. Who said that Iverson was better?

vCash
    no case
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    you have to be an iverson fanboy or a wade/heat hater to rank ai over dwade.

vCash
    Wade has surpassed Iverson on the all time list.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    I think you all are pushing it right now to state so clearly that Wade is better than AI as an individual player. Disregard Rings for a moment and look at them as singular players. Think about them as individuals. I have a feeling Even D wade himself would disagree with you (he has a great respect for Iverson for those who dont know)
    for me it depends how steep his decline is at this point
    if how he is playing this year is the sign of a downturn already i take AI
    if he goes 3 or 4 more years as a top 5 - 7 player i take wade
    Coming from a sixers fan who watched a ton of AI growing up you can argue all you want that its rooted in bais for me to say this but scoring numbers passing numbers and the like back me up and dont even start with FG% before u start acting a fool and going on tangents about efficiency take a look a Iversons supporting casts VS Wades then take a look a the HUGE difference in the minutes burden

Iverson played 12 Season with 40 MPG or higher

Wade has played 0 seasons of 40 MPG or higher
    Actually that's more seasons with 40+ MPG than Seasons wade Has played in his career!

Its clear Iverson was leaned on much more Have u guys ever played 40+ minutes out of 48 minute basketball games? It is exhausting when you play that much fatige kicks in and its only natural that your not going to shoot as well.

Yet those things Aside even considering this Iversons per 36 minutes stats for his carrer are right in line with wades and thats even WITH Iversons last 2 seasons being included in the numbers

Wait 3-5 years are bring this back up when Wade declines and his numbers fall back down to earth.

at the very least Untill then Iverson is the better player.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post

When listing SG I see some put Iverson over Wade. What would be the main reason for this?
    What might be a better question is why would you take Wade over AI
    AI in the frist 10 years of his carrer>Wade in his carrer so far

2012 allstar

vCash
    I admit I found AI's style more exciting. Was AI incapable of playing the point? He's the only 5'11 shooting guard to dominate like that...or maybe the only 5'11 shooting guard period.

vCash
    I would take AI over Wade. Not sure but seems like most of the people posting here might have been too young to watch AI play. I mean its very close but I would say AI was a better individual player than Wade was. I dont think youd find too many people that were old enough to watch AI play disagree with that sentiment.

vCash
    There isn't one. Wade is the far more efficient player and far better shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Stupidity.

There's no case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    What might be a better question is why would you take Wade over AI
    AI in the frist 10 years of his carrer>Wade in his carrer so far
    Wade has superior all around numbers and also a better playoff performer and also was able to lead a team that never won anything prior to him arriving to a title.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Wade has superior all around numbers and also a better playoff performer and also was able to lead a team that never won anything prior to him arriving to a title.
    Look dude like i said his averages are bound to fall of with time efficiency as well.
    Iverson Also never had much of a team to work with and the 2 seasons he did
    where 2001 (finals self explanatory)
    and 2007 Where he had Camby and mello as well as nene and K mart. where the nuggets where arugeably the 2nd best team in the NBA.
    that team was given less than a full season to work out and they lost Camby the next season.
    But look at his numbers in his Frist two years in Denver his efficiency was up across the board.
    People don't understand that Iverson took as many shots as he did out of necessity.
    and Also like i stated in my other post and you so annoying avoided look at the per 48 minutes numbers and how glaringly close they are then take into consideration the AI played a much heavier minutes burden he had 12 seasons over 40 MPG
    Wade has had none OFC wade is going to have better efficiency stats need context
    Context you seem too be neglecting.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Also Ignoring Advanced stats for a second WRONG!
    The following are Career Averages so wade should have a very nice advantage

Iverson 26.7 PPG>Wade 25.0
    Iverson 6.2 APG>Wade 6.1
    Iverson 2.2 Steals>Wade 1.8
    Iverson 3.7 RPG<Wade 5.0
    Iverson FG% .425<Wade .486
    Iverson 3point FG .313>Wade .291
    Iverson FT% .780> .770
    Iverson Blks 02< Wade 1.0
    Iverson to 3.6<Wade 3.5

As you can see the numbers only barely favor wade if at all
    and wade isn't going to get any better as he ages even with LBJ on his team to help him carry less of a burden.

2012 allstar

vCash
    OMG... AI has no case vs Wade.

AI doesn't even have a winning case vs Mo Cheeks either. And no, I'm not kidding. Cheeks was clearly a better player and teammate, and a Champ.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast