Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

CP3 & Griffin = GP & Kemp

Am I the only one who sees a resemblance with these 2 duos?

Griffin and Kemp both high-flying, high energy players. Blake will need to expand his offensive game and emulate Kemp's style to have success.

CP3 is a better playmaker but not as good defensively as Payton, they're basically the same player after that.

vCash
    Cp3>Payton
    Griffin<Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    No way. How dare you compare Griffin to Kemp.

vCash
    puppies!!!!

vCash
    no way dude.

Gary Payton is a first ballot hall of famer. sure cp3 is better offensively distributing the ball, but there GP was one of the best defenders in the 90's the golden era of NBA basketball. I cant stay right now that Cp3 is even a hall of famer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Cp3>Payton
    Griffin<Kemp
    Agree on the second. On the first, hell no.

vCash
    Clippers duo is arguably better but I font see thr similarities as a duo
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Yeah, prime Payton could guard Finals Jordan on one end (as well as Jordan could be guarded) and contribute significantly on the other end. I'm not sure I could say that Cp3 has him. He had too tremendous of an all around game.

Blake is on his way to being better than Kemp though. And their games clearly have similarities. Cp3/Payton not so much.

vCash
    I thought about it a bit. They have a long way to go though.

vCash
    CP3 is arguably the closest PG to come close to GP's defensive level, even though it's far off. Both great playmakers (alleys specifically) and great shooters/attackers at the rim.
    I agree, Blake is a long way off to be compared to Kemp, but I think Blake's ceiling will have an overall game similar to Kemp's.

Obviously GP and Kemp were well in their years in the league when they were at their best, but in time Paul and Griffin can be very similar.

I also see CP3 getting a ring on the way out as opposed to winning with the Clippers, much like GP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Yeah, prime Payton could guard Finals Jordan on one end (as well as Jordan could be guarded) and contribute significantly on the other end. I'm not sure I could say that Cp3 has him. He had too tremendous of an all around game.
    That's only one skill though, although I'll admit Payton is one of the few PG's who's an actual game changer on D. He's better than Payton at pretty much everything except for defense.

Blake is on his way to being better than Kemp though. And their games clearly have similarities. Cp3/Payton not so much.
    We'll agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Griffin is better than kemp or will be better soon. However i dont think cp3 will ever be better than GP. CP3 may have better numbers but hasnt had a lot of success in the playoffs but GP3 led a team to the finals and was great versatile defender (cp3 is still a good defender). Also i think cp3 has peaked and is on a slow decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post

Pretty much on the same boat. The only reason why Jordan went off was because of the free throws.

vCash
    I hope CP3/Blake win more and last longer in Kemps case.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Gary Payton was a big time scorer in his prime. I don't think we'll ever see CP3 put up the kind of scoring numbers Payton did. And they scored in different ways. Payton also had a huge size advantage which CP3 does not. And as you said, CP3 was clearly the better paly-maker of the two (thought both were great at that as well). Defensively, I don't think Payton is much better. Payton got a lot of recognition while he played and won the DPOY award, but no guard has won since Payton because voters are always rewarding the defensive bigs. If the same guys were voting now as then, I think CP3 and Rondo may both have a DPOY award by now.

As for Kemp and Girffin... Statistically they may be similar, but I think Kemp was perhaps the better rebounder. They played a very different game. You could go to Kemp in the post at any time during his prime, and he could make the same kind of athletic mvoes to thebasket as Griffin....
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast