Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 184
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    ok, maybe not completely but wouldn't it significantally reduce the number of these killings?
    No. It wouldn't. For every person that lost the ability to buy their own gun to do something like this, another person that would do something like this would get a gun from somebody they knew, illegally, or they already have a gun.

    For other cases such as the Aurora shooting or shootings at malls, all it would do would be to give somebody that's going to do this more confidence that there won't be another person there with a gun.

    Something has to change. I know that. But that something is not stricter gun control. that something is better security at schools. Armed guards or unarmed guards, escorting visitors, metal detectors... Better care for mentally unstable. Better education on the warning signs of violent intentions. More security at public locations. There are dozens of methods better suited for minimizing these types of attacks.

    If it was up to me, I'd put a gun in the hands of every single person for stricter gun control. Why? Because the average number of deaths in a shooting rampage when stopped by police is 14.3 deaths. The average number of deaths in a shooting rampage when stopped by civilians is 2.3 deaths.

    In cases when armed civilians put a stop to mass murderers, an average of twelve lives are saved.

    The answer is not in gun control.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    You don't like Morgan, turn him off.
    I'm going to start sounding like a broken record here, but I'm going to keep saying it. Not an issue of turning him off when he is subverting millions of others. This isn't about him bothering people that watch him, this is about him committing illegal activities in a country he is not a citizen of while he is being investigated for illegal activities in the country he is a citizen of, and this is about him subverting our constitution through his words and actions.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I'm going to start sounding like a broken record here, but I'm going to keep saying it. Not an issue of turning him off when he is subverting millions of others. This isn't about him bothering people that watch him, this is about him committing illegal activities in a country he is not a citizen of while he is being investigated for illegal activities in the country he is a citizen of, and this is about him subverting our constitution through his words and actions.
    I'm aware of that. My point was in relation to the comment that watching Morgan talk about this was practically like rape. There are some comparisons that just shouldn't be made, and rape is one of them. Especially in the context of the original post.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 12-24-2012 at 07:00 PM.


    Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

    This sums up every sports interview, ever.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,955
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I'm aware of that. My point was in relation to the comment that watching Morgan was practically like rape.
    Yeah, that was bad.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    34,706
    vCash
    1500
    I believe in freedom of speech so I would not think of deporting him. I believe we should have some restrictions on fully automatic weapons and we should eliminate loopholes in registry laws. I also believe in the 2nd amendment. I feel millions of good law abiding Americans should be allowed to protect their homes, themselves and loved ones if need be with a firearm. I would hope they would put a lock on their guns to prevent kids from using them. With that said I would also ask Piers if he has ever had armed security guards. I would then ask him why celebrities, politicians, and other rich people should be allowed to be protected by a gun and ordinary law abiding Americans should not.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,498
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    No. It wouldn't. For every person that lost the ability to buy their own gun to do something like this, another person that would do something like this would get a gun from somebody they knew, illegally, or they already have a gun.

    For other cases such as the Aurora shooting or shootings at malls, all it would do would be to give somebody that's going to do this more confidence that there won't be another person there with a gun.

    Something has to change. I know that. But that something is not stricter gun control. that something is better security at schools. Armed guards or unarmed guards, escorting visitors, metal detectors... Better care for mentally unstable. Better education on the warning signs of violent intentions. More security at public locations. There are dozens of methods better suited for minimizing these types of attacks.

    If it was up to me, I'd put a gun in the hands of every single person for stricter gun control. Why? Because the average number of deaths in a shooting rampage when stopped by police is 14.3 deaths. The average number of deaths in a shooting rampage when stopped by civilians is 2.3 deaths.

    In cases when armed civilians put a stop to mass murderers, an average of twelve lives are saved.

    The answer is not in gun control.

    I hope you realize that gun control isn't gun elimination. People aren't calling for removal of every single gun out there.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement considering all the reality TV stars that are out there.



    Yes, choosing whether to watch Piers Morgan talk about gun control after a shooting is practically the same as sexually assaulting or raping someone.

    You don't like Morgan, turn him off. But don't start equating rape to watching someone on TV who has different views than you.

    For the record I'm not a fan of Morgan but this is just ridiculous.
    He is forcing his thoughts on to others. It's verbal rape.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,618
    vCash
    1500
    Are people really saying that Piers Morgan is forcing something on them? Me thinks people don't know what the word "force" means if so...
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    18,045
    vCash
    653
    People are forcing their opinions on me about Morgan. I don't appreciate it.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Britannia
    Posts
    6,537
    vCash
    31948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I was so not expecting this response when I saw you posted in here.
    Really cannot stand the guy.

    However, I do agree with him about gun control laws.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Piers Morgan is a dumbass. Who really gives a **** what he thinks?
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Michael Savage isn't allowed in England because of his remarks about their society, so why should this be any different? Not that I agree with either, but if they are going to block our citizens due to what they say, why can't we?
    Is he really? That dude is 1 awesome nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,406
    vCash
    1000
    Sounds logical.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Simon's Island
    Posts
    6,642
    vCash
    1500
    I can't stand Bill O'Reilly at all, but I don't call for him to be deported because he says stupid **** I don't agree with.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    M.I.A
    Posts
    13,664
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    I can't stand Bill O'Reilly at all, but I don't call for him to be deported because he says stupid **** I don't agree with.
    O'Reilly is different. He is ignorant, obnoxious, a dick, ect. but I watch him a lot, he criticizes but he doesn't strongly impose his thoughts onto people in a way Morgan does. O'Reilly will state his opinion, but I don't think his propaganda is as blunt as Morgans. TBH, but I kinda dislike both

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •