Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thousands sign US petition to deport Piers Morgan

This is why it could leave Morgan vulnerable to him being deported which I'm sure he won't.

“Ironic U.S. gun rights campaign to deport me for ‘attacking 2nd Amendment rights’ – is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?,” Morgan tweeted.

“Your opinion is protected, your presence in the U.S. is not. See Kleindienst v. Mandel (1972),” Taranto replied to Morgan.

Taranto linked to transcripts from a 1972 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that the U.S. Attorney General’s refusal to allow a foreign journalist into the United States did not violate the First Amendment. The case resulted from Nixon administration attorney general Richard Kleindienst’s refusal to grant a temporary nonimmigrant visa to Marxist Belgian journalist Ernest Mandel.
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/23/wa...#ixzz2FzbypZ6j

LONDON (AP) -- Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for British CNN host Piers Morgan to be deported from the U.S. over his gun control views.

Morgan has taken an aggressive stand for tighter U.S. gun laws in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, school shooting. Last week, he called a gun advocate appearing on his "Piers Morgan Tonight" show an "unbelievably stupid man."

Now, gun rights activists are fighting back. A petition created Dec. 21 on the White House e-petition website by a user in Texas accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting the Second Amendment. It demands he be deported immediately for "exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens."

The petition has already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to get a White House response. By Monday, it had 31,813 signatures.

Morgan seemed unfazed - and even amused - by the movement.

In a series of Twitter messages, he alternately urged his followers to sign the petition and in response to one article about the petition said "bring it on" as he appeared to track the petition's progress.

"If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?" he wrote.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-24-07-01-03

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash
    Piers Morgan is a ******* who's ratings are so bad, his producers are extorting this issue in hopes of even the negative attention will generate viewership.

Pretty bad when you can't do any better with ratings then an incoherent Larry King.

vCash
    Lol his show lately has been pretty funny when he just starts yelling at anyone who is against gun control

vCash
    i tried watching his show before and i couldn't because i couldn't understand what he was saying. his accent is too strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    thats just stupid and petty.dont debate,just deport anyone who doesnt think like me.

vCash
    since this article was published, 11k more people have signed it, lol and it still has 3 weeks to go till it's addressed, I wonder what it will get up to by January 20.

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    since this article was published, 11k more people have signed it, lol and it still has 3 weeks to go till it's addressed, I wonder what it will get up to by January 20.
    Obama will probably just ignore it. correct me if i'm wrong but once a petition reaches a certain number of signatures, it doesn't mean that the President WILL address. It just means that it will merit consideration to be addressed.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    I seriously hate him. I hate when non US citizens act like they know what best for America, especially him. all he talks about is how great Britain is, but if it's so great, he should just go back.

vCash
    Michael Savage isn't allowed in England because of his remarks about their society, so why should this be any different? Not that I agree with either, but if they are going to block our citizens due to what they say, why can't we?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    We don't like what you're saying, so please leave.

It sounds pretty childish to me. Especially when he is saying the same things many others are saying.

-Just don't watch him... nobody else is. The only reason Morgan is getting this much attention is because of the pro-gun people making a big deal out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Michael Savage isn't allowed in England because of his remarks about their society, so why should this be any different? Not that I agree with either, but if they are going to block our citizens due to what they say, why can't we?
    That's a really good point I didn't think about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    "It's okay if we do something bad because they did it, too."

vCash
    The 2nd amendment was meant for hunting, protection, and forming legal militias. It is dated and, in my opinion, absolutely garbage. There is a difference between owning a 1800's hunting rifle or a simple handgun and owning an AR-15.
    Last edited by nymetsrule; 12-24-2012 at 02:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I seriously hate him. I hate when non US citizens act like they know what best for America, especially him. all he talks about is how great Britain is, but if it's so great, he should just go back.
    OUR CONSTABLES DONT EVEN CARRY GUNS. That is why the UK is better than America.

Seriously though who let this PoS dumb ratings whore of a "journo" into this country in the first place.
    ****in hate Piers Morgan.
    Look at his name, Piers. That's not even a name.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast