Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    345
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed with the cutting of Diehl and Webster - both make too much to justify their current production on the field. I would also give Rivers another shot since he was injured. Reese needs to draft some linebackers for once. For example, passing up on Sean Lee a few years back for Linval Joseph was a "great move" - especially when the Giants already had 35 defensive lineman at the time and no proven linebackers. Drafting for depth is great, but you cannot keep ignoring obvious starting position needs.
    NEW YORK GIANTS
    NEW YORK RANGERS
    NEW YORK YANKEES

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Webster is a good corner with a real bad salary. The pass rush didn't help him and the safety, usually Brown I believe, was much slower in helping him.

    The Giants won two Superbowls with Webster playing a huge roll. He got zero help from the pass rush. I would prefer the Giants cut down his huge $7 million dollar price tag than just cut him.

    Keep im mind, had Webster got the support Amakamara got on his side, many would be calling Amakamara a bust and Webster an untouchable.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-02-2013 at 10:44 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    1500
    Why would the dolphins let a franchise LT go no way Jake long signs here so I dont get that?why let Beatty walk what??? But Webster Phillips and Rivers I agree. ...and move on from Locklyer....

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,918
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Webster is a good corner with a real bad salary. The pass rush didn't help him and the safety, usually Brown I believe, was much slower in helping him.

    The Giants won two Superbowls with Webster playing a huge roll. He got zero help from the pass rush. I would prefer the Giants cut down his huge $7 million dollar price tag than just cut him.

    Keep im mind, had Webster got the support Amakamara got on his side, many would be calling Amakamara a bust and Webster an untouchable.
    Keep in mind Webster is older now too and is slowing down he is not a #1 CB anymore. Not having a pass rush definitely didn't help, but Webster is not good anymore either. With his age expect more injury prone seasons from him.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    but Webster is not good anymore either. With his age expect more injury prone seasons from him.
    I wouldn't say that at all. He's not that bad and is always on the opponents #1 receiver. Out of all the DB's, he's the one guy that doesn't miss time with injury.

    Does anybody think Amakamara is ready for the #1 receiver one-on-one?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    dupe

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    dupe
    Huh?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Home of the LW Champ.. Toms River, NJ!
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    4200
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. He's not that bad and is always on the opponents #1 receiver. Out of all the DB's, he's the one guy that doesn't miss time with injury.

    Does anybody think Amakamara is ready for the #1 receiver one-on-one?
    He's not that bad? He was top 5 in yardage given up at his position.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    He's not that bad? He was top 5 in yardage given up at his position.
    and which front 7 players had a better season? Stop listening to the morons on TV and recognize the guy was a huge part of the Giants winning the Superbowl less than a year ago and still is very good despite the insane contract he has.

    The defense was ranked 31st overall and anybody thinking there is a better CB on the team needs their eyes checked. Webster is the only guy who stays healthy and never had any safety help b/c the everybody was helping the other CB.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,304
    vCash
    1500
    The issue that most don't realize is that Webster and Diehl both restructured several times over the past few years and therefore their salaries are essentially guaranteed. So if we cut them or release them the cap hit is still there.

    I'm interested to see what the Giants do with T2. He's obviously going to need to restructure but I hope we can get a 2 year 2 mil test contract out of him and hopefully he pans out.

    Rolle is another one with a huge guaranteed number due to restructuring a few times and therefore he'd need to be extended to lower his cap hit. Something like 3 years 21 mil or something would be ideal, just hard to get him to accept due to the fact that he's due like 9.5 guaranteed for next year alone.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    and which front 7 players had a better season? Stop listening to the morons on TV and recognize the guy was a huge part of the Giants winning the Superbowl less than a year ago and still is very good despite the insane contract he has.

    The defense was ranked 31st overall and anybody thinking there is a better CB on the team needs their eyes checked. Webster is the only guy who stays healthy and never had any safety help b/c the everybody was helping the other CB.
    lol you need to watch the games again... Webster obviously was a huge part of our superbowl wins but that doesn't allow you to be blind to this past year. He might be able to turn it around but he got beat week after week and was one of the worst starting CB's in the league this year.
    Last edited by GMenFanSince90; 01-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,466
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    lol you need to watch the games again... Webster obviously was a huge part of our superbowl wins but that doesn't allow you to be blind to this past year. He might be able to turn it around but he got beat week after week and was one of the worst starting CB's in the league this year.
    Where was the safety?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    20,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all. He's not that bad and is always on the opponents #1 receiver. Out of all the DB's, he's the one guy that doesn't miss time with injury.

    Does anybody think Amakamara is ready for the #1 receiver one-on-one?
    False.

    Giants don't do match up's with their CB.

    They play sides. Prince covered one's this year as well. Both of them got Safety help at times. Webster's problem is he's slowed down some and he wasn't able to find the ball in the air.

    Webster had battled through injuries as well with his hand, and hamstring, Obviously he's lost speed with age. When the front 4 can't get pressure on the QB, like they were unable to MOST of this year, his lack of real speed is exposed.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,368
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Kiwi isn't an LB because of injury, he's an LB cause he's damn good at it and they already have starters at DE.
    I'm not so sure how good he is at it. He had 37 total tackles this season. That's terrible for a LB. Especially one that's supposed to be a run stuffer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,304
    vCash
    1500
    I like Kiwi at LB but he needs to be moved back to DE. Tuck is a huge decision and I question his emotional stability.

    Lots are saying to dump Boley which is a tough one for me to swallow. I love the guy and despite some injuries he's been really solid for us. I'm curious as to what lead to him losing snaps in the final handful of games.

    If we have Kiwi and JPP starting on each end with Linval and Canty in the midlde than that is as good a front 4 as you will likely find in the league.

    Rotating in Austin and Kuhn/Rogers??? Who I think can come back cheap and be solid in run stuffing and we have a good rotation at DT.

    For DE, if we're looking at getting rid of Tuck, then we have Kiwi and JPP starting with a rotation of Tracy and Ojomo. That rotation scares me personally unless they both really turn it on.

    I feel like our LB's are close to taking that next step but so often that next step never comes. That's the gamble with dumping a guy like Boley and inserting in Rivers for cheaper or the young guys like Williams/Paysinger with Herz at Mike or SAM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •