Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I think we all know Gilbride isn't going anywhere.. Him and Eli are attached at the hip..
    Only way is if he gets hired for HC somewhere. He interviews EVERY year and couldn't land a job with the Bills or Raiders, but there's already 6 vacancies, so.......who knows?

vCash
    Offer lovie smith alot of money and get him on this team as DC yesterday. He would be a perfect fit for this defense. IMO the biggest name we need to resign besides cruz is phillips. They are just a different defense with him out there and rolle at nickel/in the box. There record with phillips in the line up is nearly unbeaten while we went through the collapse without him. The 3 safety set was the key to this defense and without all three parts, the defense sucked.
    I also think they need to do whatever they can to draft ogletree/teo(very unrealistic but theres always hope for teo), whether it means pass on the highest rated player available or trade up, they need a real, every down linebacker. And draft a pass rusher. Osi is probably gone and they need to find a replacement for tuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jvitti View Post
    Offer lovie smith alot of money and get him on this team as DC yesterday. He would be a perfect fit for this defense. IMO the biggest name we need to resign besides cruz is phillips. They are just a different defense with him out there and rolle at nickel/in the box. There record with phillips in the line up is nearly unbeaten while we went through the collapse without him. The 3 safety set was the key to this defense and without all three parts, the defense sucked.
    I also think they need to do whatever they can to draft ogletree/teo(very unrealistic but theres always hope for teo), whether it means pass on the highest rated player available or trade up, they need a real, every down linebacker. And draft a pass rusher. Osi is probably gone and they need to find a replacement for tuck.
    Lovie is not happening, he will get a HC job..

vCash
    Coughlin just said Fewell will be back.....unless of course someone else hires him.

vCash
    Before I say my changes can anyone tell me why Tuck has been lining up on the line then dropping back to cover a tight end. The only reason i can see for it is they are going to make him a LB. Now for my changes with that in mind Tuck to outside LB. Trade Brashaw for a number 2 CB. I believe Willson and Brown give us that speed power combo package. As much as i hate to say this Rolle is done, Phillups and S.Brown are our best S. Try to get Babbin or someone good to replace Tuck at DE. Draft CB LB OL DE QB in any order. Send 5 or more defenders on almost every play and watch sacks go up. We could use another big DT but not sure if its a major need. As for the OL everyone of them should feel like there jobs are up for grabs. Lock Bennet up for 3 or 4 years. On offence run more 3 WR setts Nicks Cruz and Randle are unstopable. Plus it will spread the D for the draw play we love to run. As far as coaches ill leave that up to the GM. We make these little changes and we are the best team in our division

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsCountyNY View Post
    Before I say my changes can anyone tell me why Tuck has been lining up on the line then dropping back to cover a tight end. The only reason i can see for it is they are going to make him a LB.

No. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_blitz

vCash
    in order for it to have been a zone blitz someone else would have had to blitz no one did

vCash
    I just believe they are gonna go the Kiwanuka route with him because of the neck injury

vCash
    Tuck doesn't have the body or speed to play LB. He is way too bulky to be a LB. Unless we switch to a 3-4 which isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    in order for it to have been a zone blitz someone else would have had to blitz no one did
    You sure? If so then it was just a big pass D with an extra man in zone. It happens, especially out of nickel or 4-3; sometimes ends drop into coverage. Not ideal, but it happens.

I just believe they are gonna go the Kiwanuka route with him because of the neck injury
    Kiwi isn't an LB because of injury, he's an LB cause he's damn good at it and they already have starters at DE.

vCash
    I noticed in the past few games JPP in coverage too, like wtf is that? Also, Jpp had such a ****** year because every other play hes ****ing playing DT. Screw what coughlin thinks, fewell NEEDS to leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I have no doubt Lovie will get a HC job..
    I agree, but if he doesn't, we should kick the can there.

I would like to get Raheem Morris in as DC if Fewell gets a HC job (ray: ).
    #21ShumpStreet

New York Giants- New York Mets- Arsenal FC- Duke Basketball- New York Knicks

vCash
    Sooner take Crennel as DC than Lovie.

vCash

Fixing the Giants

Cut Diehl and Webster. Let Osi, Phillips, Rivers, Beatty, and Barden walk. Sign Jake Long to play T, bring back Locklear (depending on the severity of his injury) to compete with Brewer for a starting spot, re-sign Stevie Brown, give Adrian Tracy a shot at DE, draft a big corner, and bring in Rolando McClain to compete with Chase for the MIC. Thoughts?

vCash
    I think we should try free agency for a CB (although I have no idea who's a free agent this year). We need a short term solution since our guys right now are so young. So get a guy that can play for a year and mentor people like tryon and Hosley.

I also don't agree with lettin Rivers an KP walk. When Rivers isn't injured he's a solid linebacker and KP needs to come at a good price considering how much better out defense is with him on the field.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast