Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What changes do you want to see made?

Another second half collapse, most likely out of the playoffs, gotten blown out the past two games. The fact our team made Joe Flacco look like an All Pro QB is sad and disgusting.

This team needs to make some changes for next year. Even if we somehow manage to luck out and make it this year, backing into the playoffs isn't what this team should be doing. We laid beat downs on the Packers and 9ers who are going to be the 2nd and 3rd seed in the playoffs but we get blown out by a Ravens team that has been bad lately.

These are the changes I'd like to see:

1. New coaching staff

All the way across the board. Sorry Tom, but it's time to retire. The last 4 seasons have been awful even though we won the SB last year. We were lucky 9-7 won the division, because most of the time that is not enough.

2009: 8-8
    2010: 10-6
    2011:9-7
    2012:9-7 (assuming we beat the hapless Eagles)

That looks like a mediocre football team to me. And when most of these teams started out 6-2, there's no reason for it. The one constant is Tom Coughlin. I don't know what he does or doesn't do to cause these second half collapses, but I'm sick of seeing such a talented team go to waste. It seems like Coughlin going is also the only way we will see Gilbride gone also.

2. OL help via FA or the draft

Beatty is solid, Boothe is OK, Baas was a huge waste of all the $ he was given and has not lived up to his contract, Snee is breaking down and Diehl is Diehl. We need to work on getting this OL back to where it was in 2007. Consistent and one of the best in the league. Reese cannot keep neglecting the OL or it is going to get out of control eventually.

3. New starting CB

Prince has shown he can this season. Corey Webster however has been up and down and way down. To me, his biggest problem has been far too often he's looking back at the QB instead of concentrating on his WR and then they blow by him for a huge play. Regardless, he's on the wrong side of 30 and needs to be replaced. His contract is also way more than than we should be spending on a washed up CB.

If we can get a new starting caliber CB, T2 back and healthy with Hosely, we should be solid.

There is more that we need, but those are the top 3 changes I think we need next season to be successful again. D-Line and LB are also problem areas, but to me not as much as the ones mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    hard to knock TC one year after the team wins SB, but we have to start at the top. too many issues on both sides.

I believe football is one sport where coaching has a big impact on the game. with the team struggle as much as we have in the 2nd half, i just didn't see any adjustments on either side to help disguise our weakness or maximize our strength. it's same old slow paced offense and conservative defense. something tells me this is TC's philosophy. no gimmick smash mouth football. well it works when you have talent to dominate but we are just not that good of a team especially with all the injuries.

the last couple of games it just felt like the other team knew exactly what we were doing and how to pick us apart. I think TC's style is just old for today's games.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Really...Im not ready to make any major changes....this years collapse seem more like a motivational let down more than anything. I think we should give TC and his staff the opportunity to coach out their contract and hpoefully correct the second half collapse syndrome en route to the SB in our stadium.

We have a lot of talent on this team...vets and young players.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    1. Get rid of Fewell. He doesn't deserve to be re-signed.
    2. Get rid of Tuck.
    3. Get rid of Gilbride.
    4. Draft OLine early for once.
    5. Hope that T2 comes back healthy and trade or cut CWeb. Make Prince CB1.

vCash
    In no particular order

1 - Any player who has toned out TC need to be replaced as TC has more football intelligence than this entire roster.

2. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - there are FIVE, count them, FIVE roster spots being taken up by Barden, Beckum, Hixon, Randle and Jernigan and none have solidified the #3 receiver position left by Manningham nor are any returning kicks as Wilson has that job. ENOUGH - get them on the field or get rid of them (especially Barden, Beckum and Hixon).

3. Fire Perry Fewell - "you can never have enough pass rushers" and Perry Awful can't scheme to the teams strength as the DL continually slants. Pierre Paul went up against rookie Osemele who has given up 7 sacks and 13 pressures this season. That's an average of a little over 2 plays per game in which his QB is under durress. He gave up NOTHING to Pierre Paul yesterday. Meanwhile, Pierre Paul claims to be having a good year under this scheme in which his sack total has gone from 16.5 and is now at 6.5. In addition, Justin Tuck was quoted this past week when asked what's wrong with the DL with "we're still trying to figure it out". ENOUGH, this is the same DC who dressed one DT against Peyton Manning and Colts and used a line of DE's with DB's playing linebacker. two years ago. ENOUGH of this B.S.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    We NEED to get faster and more athletic at EVERY position but QB,K,P!!! It's like we only want to be athletic at DE.

.We need fast athletic 3 down LBs( I WAS MAD AS HELL THIS YEAR WHEN WE DIDNT DRAFT BOBBY WAGNER OR MYCHAL KENDRICKS)

.If we are not going to get Big Mauler type linemen,we need to switch over to a zone running scheme

.We NEED press man to man CBs. Our pass rush helped out our secondary in past years but it's time the secondary returned the favor.

.I personally wouldnt mind having a HUGH run stopping DT in the mode of Phil Taylor from cleveland but I dont feel we need this.

. I think we prolly keep Gilbride but we need to have him study ( steal) some schemes from other teams and also college teams. We need to have more modern offensive concepts. It's like were using a VCR and others are using Blu Ray

PS....... FCUK the draft board for once. If it's somebody we WANT and they are a few picks away, GO GET HIM. It's not like not having a 3rd rounder would doom us

Im happy at QB,WR and Safety

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    I think Hixon and Randle have shown they can play given the chance. To me it looks like hixon has one great catch after another. I dont think either one of them is the problem. Cruz and Nicks are possibly the best WR tandom in the NFL. The problem is that nicks hasnt been healthy all year. More teams are gearing up to stop cruz and with a less than 100% nicks its been a lot easier to stop. Other than that one crazy game against Tampa this year Eli and Nicks really havent done a thing. We have no run game! We need to fix the O line and get a starting RB who can stay healthy.

vCash
    Same I've wanted to see even when we win.

Gilbride and Fewell axed
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    We need 2 add real d tackles with Joseph big run stopers that eat up space..And we badly need a tru middle linebacker that can make over 100 plus tackles...of course we need 2 add a corner and safety.... And on O we need right takle and add a new guard and tight end..And 4 once we need 2 draft a qb earlier 2nd round if we have 2 so we can develop 4 insurance our trade 4 picks...like Cousins, Wilson, Kapernick or Andy Dalton players who are still available in2 or 3 round... lets go Reese!!!

vCash
    Things we need that's somewhat realistic.

Put Boothe on the bench and get a new LG, and get a new starting RT.

Don't put Corey Webster on anybody that run a sub 4.5. The guy is way too slow, but he's still a big CB who can get physical with WRs.

Sign a starting caliber CB, and let him start with Prince.

We need a middle linebacker.

vCash
    1st 2 rounds need to be OT & CB.. in either order

vCash
    Its so hard to take any of you serious when you list T2 coming back healthy after 3 acl surgeries lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    Its so hard to take any of you serious when you list T2 coming back healthy after 3 acl surgeries lol
    Healthy and full strength are two different things. If he can give us a solid number 2 then I'd be happy. Clearly we think he can come back healthy if he hasn't been cut yet.

vCash

gmen

T2 was never a cover corner anyway he was best in run support and was one of the best
    Blitzing corners in the game I think he could get back 2 that...but we still need 2 add a corner.

vCash

Play to our strengths

They say the best aspect of a good secondary is a good dline. Osi will be done with the gmen after this Sunday tuck has been largely ineffective the last two seasons outside of motivation we need another de in the Jpp mold. I hear things about Ezekiel Ansah out of byu. Then we need a corner who can actually cover. Preferably a big physical one like Brandon browner who can compliment muk and hosleys speed. maybe a mlb who can be effective against the run and pass seeing as we have situational mlbs that must change.Get rid of deihl and brig in a new tackle opposite Beatty. Other than that resign Stevie brown and lock Bennett up to a multi year deal. But most importantly replenish the athleticism, youth, and depth at the defensive end position and let's get back to classic ny giant football.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast