Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    NT and OT in the first two rounds. After that, BPA. I, for one, am impressed with the way our DBs have stepped being down Gamble. The play of our safeties in the NO game will determine how much of a need that position is, but I like moving Godfrey to FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    NT and OT in the first two rounds. After that, BPA. I, for one, am impressed with the way our DBs have stepped being down Gamble. The play of our safeties in the NO game will determine how much of a need that position is, but I like moving Godfrey to FS.
    The more I watch DJ Campbell (plus given how Martin was playing prior to injury) I really don't care if we add a FS. I'd love to see Jarius Byrd on the team, but I like what we have with Campbell and Martin (it's serviceable at least).

Has anyone else been impressed with Campbell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The more I watch DJ Campbell (plus given how Martin was playing prior to injury) I really don't care if we add a FS. I'd love to see Jarius Byrd on the team, but I like what we have with Campbell and Martin (it's serviceable at least).

Not enough to say safety isn't a need. Keep in mind Martin will be a FA, and he's coming off of a big knee injury. I would prefer us dip into the FA market to add a safety instead of drafting one, but I think it still should be addressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post

I was decidedly unimpressed with him in the NO game. I think this basically becomes a need. I like Godfrey at either safety position, Byrd would be a decent middle-tier pick-up, and I think adding some depth via the draft wouldn't hurt.

vCash
    My first round wants go as follows:

1. Joeckel (definitely gone before we pick though)
    2. Richardson
    3. Hankins
    4. Jones
    5. Lewan

Second round:

1. Tony Jefferson
    2. Jordan Poyer
    3. David Amerson
    4. Justin Hunter
    5. Matt Elam

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Looks like we're picking 14th. I think best case scenario is probably DT Hankins, but if he's not available I'd like OT Lewan/Fisher or possibly a WR like Keenan Allen. Regardless, one of our first two picks MUST be an OT, unless we manage to lure a top-notch FA away from their team.

vCash
    Don't want Keenan Allen in the first. Would be a poor pick. This is a deep WR class. Either Hankins, Richardson, Short at DT or Lewan, Matthews, Fisher at OT. I guess I wouldn't be disappointed if we ended up with Milliner (unlikely) or Banks at CB.

vCash
    I'm hoping we are smart enough to address Oline in the FA with this year's availabilities.

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Don't want Keenan Allen in the first. Would be a poor pick. This is a deep WR class. Either Hankins, Richardson, Short at DT or Lewan, Matthews, Fisher at OT. I guess I wouldn't be disappointed if we ended up with Milliner (unlikely) or Banks at CB.
    I didn't even think about Milliner, but he could be a steal at 14, depending on how his combine/off-season goes.

vCash
    You can never have enough linemen in my opinion, on either side of the ball. Would love to see us sign a top OL talent, but drafting someone is important too. Hangartner and Bell are not long term answers. Hangartner is alright as a starter, but he's a better center than guard, and he's never going to be the Panthers guy at center as long as Ryan Kalil is alive and well. Bell is garbage. No way he can be allowed to start next year. I think Amini Silatolu will be a good player, but he's really raw right now. I wouldn't be disappointed if he sat a little bit next year. Maybe work him in a rotation with Hangartner. I guess a dream OL next year would look like:

LT: Long
    LG:Hangartner and Silatolu
    OC:Kalil
    RG: Drafted OT that can play inside (maybe Fluker or Jones)
    RT:Gross

That is highly unlikely, though.

vCash
    Long would be amazing.

I'd be totally thrilled and it would tell the entire fanbase we're very committed to winning now.

vCash
    I don't think we'll sign him, however. We are truly in cap hell right now, so we would have to make significant cuts and get creative to be able to fit him under the cap.

vCash
    The cap is an issue, but long hasnt looked like long the past year or so, so he still has a high risk to him.

vCash
    Doesn't mean he will be cheap. There's a dearth of LT talent in the league right now, and he's a top 2-3 talent at the position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Doesn't mean he will be cheap. There's a dearth of LT talent in the league right now, and he's a top 2-3 talent at the position.
    I'm saying he won't be cheap at all, especially for a team like Carolina that doesn't exactly get FAs on discount (unless they're an idiot like Mike Tolbert). Statistically Long's been pretty bad the last two seasons (of course he's been on a less-than-stellar team), and he's had two rough injuries. I'm not sure that I want Carolina outbidding other teams for him with that in mind. I think Carolina needs to branch into FA more, but dumping that much money (and guaranteed money at that) into a potential FA bust sounds incredibly risky, unless they can structure his contract to where he won't kill us if he busts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast