Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Andruw Jones a HOFer?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 18.05%
  • No

109 81.95%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Charged with battery this morning. Fun.

vCash
    Annnnnnd Andruw Jones got arrested this morning.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He retired 'due to arthritis'. He didn't want his body to get worse as an old man.

He could have still pitched if he really wanted to (most likely)
    Oh man, what a dishonorable quitter. I would file bone on bone at 30 for a pitcher's throwing elbow as a good reason to retire, especially in the 60's where the solution was to put his arm in an ice tub for a few hours. The fact that he had pitched through that elbow pain for years before retiring is also probably a small factor.

vCash
    Andrew Jones has no chance of ever making the hall of fame, and will be lucky to get more than 20% of the vote when he's up for election..His drop off after 2006 was far to steep, and his offensive numbers during the steroid era were just avg. Great defensive player though..

vCash
    Short answer -- no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Let's put it this way. If he is a hall of famer, then the HOF means absolutely nothing.

This isn't the hall of good, or the hall of very good. This is the HALL OF FAME!!

Besides, he was on the stuff most of his career.

vCash
    He should have retired at the age of 30, and then maybe...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Oh man, what a dishonorable quitter. I would file bone on bone at 30 for a pitcher's throwing elbow as a good reason to retire, especially in the 60's where the solution was to put his arm in an ice tub for a few hours. The fact that he had pitched through that elbow pain for years before retiring is also probably a small factor.
    Dude what the hell?

I never said 'dishonorable quitter' or any of that crap.

I said he quit when someone spoke of decline into players 30's like Jimmie Foxx. That's it.

Stay out of the conversation if you aren't going to actually contribute anything. He quit, he did. I never said it was bad, or wrong, or anything horrible. He just never provided a MLB decline, so we never got to see him get worse. He quit after a season with a 1.73 ERA. It's fine, that was his choice though. He never declined in the Major Leagues, which is what the discussion was.

I have no idea why you jump into conversations and just assume what people are talking about. A 'dishonorable quitter' because that's what was being said
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 12-25-2012 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Non elite players have been added all along. Fred Lindstrom? I mean really. AJ at least is borderline, even if you don't think he belongs, and he was vastly better than Jim Rice.
    Exactly my point when you mention Linstrom. These are NOT elite players we are talking about.
    My saying is. Just because the path is well beaten that doesn't mean its the right way to go. Stop the bleeding.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Hell No not even an arguement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Dude what the hell?

I never said 'dishonorable quitter' or any of that crap.

I said he quit when someone spoke of decline into players 30's like Jimmie Foxx. That's it.

Stay out of the conversation if you aren't going to actually contribute anything. He quit, he did. I never said it was bad, or wrong, or anything horrible. He just never provided a MLB decline, so we never got to see him get worse. He quit after a season with a 1.73 ERA. It's fine, that was his choice though. He never declined in the Major Leagues, which is what the discussion was.

I have no idea why you jump into conversations and just assume what people are talking about. A 'dishonorable quitter' because that's what was being said
    Sandy Koufax did not quit, he was forced into retirement by an injury he rode through for years previously but could not for much longer without suffering some real long term consequences that the medical treatment of the time would not afford him to miss. Minute differences have never matter to you, I get that, but there is a huge difference between retiring due to injury and quitting - period.

vCash
    Yeah hell no. Terrible batting average, horrible career after his peak, and even at his peak, he was just very good, not great or amazing or HOF worthy.

Nothing that this guy did was special or great. He was just a very good player. Except this is not Hall of good, this is Hall of Fame. The best of the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    :facepalmT:
    Get out of the envelope you live in dude. He was a huge juicer!

That aside........Merry Christmas to you and your family!

vCash
    this lifelong braves fan says no. sure he was a great defensive center fielder and he had some great offensive seasons as well as almost winning the MVP one year, but he bottomed out when he was supposed to be in his prime. as fascinating it was to watch him in the outfield, it was frustrating more times than not when he was at the plate. he never made adjustments and always wound up dropping to one knee too many times on strike outs. it was ugly.
    if dale murphy isn't a hall of famer, then andruw jones definitely shouldn't be in.

vCash

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast