Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Andruw Jones a HOFer?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 18.05%
  • No

109 81.95%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Of all-time?
    Seriously, if he's not the best defensive CFer of all time (at his peak obviously) then the list in front of him is maybe one or two players long.

vCash
    to be fair I didn't realize he played for 13 seasons before his decline. Granted he still dropped off ridiculously but 13 years takes a normal player up until their about 36.. a reasonable age for the beginning of a decline.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    **** Him... Hell No
    Foam Party!

vCash
    If he didn't hit a brick wall in the middle of his prime he would have easily been.

But he slowed way down when he should have been improving. He was easily on his way when he was about 28ish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Of all-time?
    He really is one of the best defensive centerfielders of all time. I don't know about number 1, but certainly top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Before you sneer and think "Oh no way!" look at his numbers:

He's had a 7 WAR five times, and 5 WAR nine times. He could be considered borderline to most because of his regression once he went to LA. He will go down in history as one of the greatest center fielders of all time though, Hall of Famer or not.
    Not even close. He played during an era of inflated numbers, and voters will take into account his precipitous decline.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I don't think he will get in
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    I remember ******** my pants when signed with LA...then he put on the uniform and sucked majorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    He was one of the few guys to perform poorly in his contract year. He would have gotten a huge contract too. He was great for a few years, but not long enough for him to get into the HOF.

vCash
    I'd say yes, but it's going to be close. He had some fantastic years and was always a very good defender. It's a shame he played the way he did in Los Angelas.

vCash
    Just based on his offense, no. But the dude was probably the best outfielder defensively in the league for ~10 straight years. I'd say that warrants a HOF nod.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Nope. I can't say Mays, Mantle, Aaron and Ruth along with Jones. Anothervery good player watering down the HOF .
    Maybe they should start a Hall of Very Good players. They could move many of the others like Rice into that one and leave the REAL HOF for the elite.
    Non elite players have been added all along. Fred Lindstrom? I mean really. AJ at least is borderline, even if you don't think he belongs, and he was vastly better than Jim Rice.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    He was on pace to be a Hall of Famer when he was in Atlanta, but I think he has fallen off too much to get in. He'll definitely get votes based off of 10 straight gold gloves. The issue is that his game completely fell apart the day he turned 30, which shouldn't happen to an elite player. If he had come into the league at 24 instead of 19, and had exactly the same career trajectory, with the drop off starting at 35, I think he'd be viewed very differently and we may not even be having this argument.

vCash
    When this subject, for any player, comes up what is it that we usually talk about? Has the player ever dominated at any point in his career and for how long? We usually throw out the stats, decide for ourselves and come up with a conclusion....

Well, for about ten years, Andruw Jones was the best CF in the game. He played phenomenal defense and was a force in that Braves lineup. His career numbers can be looked at as HOF numbers. He is 100% a HOF'er in my eyes. It sucks to see whats happened to him now, he playing in Japan. If he was able to continue that production for about 4 more years, you could have possibly been talking Top 5 CF all-time (yeah I went there)

It is sad this is even a question....if this was Trout in Jones' place, most of you would blow a gasket that this question was even brought up.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    63-61

G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I don't think he gets in, but he will hang around on the ballot for a long time. Probably all the years he is eligible. If he does get in it will be in a slow year and in one of his last years on the ballot.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast