Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Andruw Jones a HOFer?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 18.05%
  • No

109 81.95%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No. If he wouldn't have fell off at 31 then easily. But half of his career has been as a part time DH type. Definitely a juicer too.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    As a Braves fan, I say no. He was ridiculous from the time he came up until he thought LA was where he needed to play. Should've resigned with ATL and maybe things would be different. Went from best CF in baseball to one of the biggest busts. That and he found the buffet line

vCash
    It depends on how much weight you put on declining. His decline has to be one of most sharpest ever. But his first 10 years are no doubt HOF material.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VenezuelanMet View Post
    It depends on how much weight you put on declining. His decline has to be one of most sharpest ever. But his first 10 years are no doubt HOF material.

The same can be said about Dale Murphy.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Nope, just fell off a cliff at 31. Hall of Very Good, though, even though he's a juicer.

vCash
    I hate him just for his time as a Dodger

vCash
    No. Once he came off of the roids, he sucked.

vCash
    People only say no cause of his drop off? He is one of the best deffensive CF of all time. I remember when John Smoltz said he saved atleast 5 runs a WEEK, you knew if a ball was hit into CF he most likely was gonna catch it.

Most people only seen him recently and say no I've watched him since his first game and he was beasting in the CF and had no power, he may have juiced but his hitting didn't give him recognition and was never caught juicing but he is definitely the best deffensive CF of all time

vCash
    I say yes. Dude mashed the ball for a long time and could cover Yellowstone Park.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous46 View Post
    People only say no cause of his drop off? He is one of the best deffensive CF of all time. I remember when John Smoltz said he saved atleast 5 runs a WEEK, you knew if a ball was hit into CF he most likely was gonna catch it.

Most people only seen him recently and say no I've watched him since his first game and he was beasting in the CF and had no power, he may have juiced but his hitting didn't give him recognition and was never caught juicing but he is definitely the best deffensive CF of all time
    In 2007, he had 19 Defensive Runs Saved, the best of his career (granted, DRS has only been recorded since 2003). That's 19 runs saved through 154 games, not "at least 5 a week". I know he was exaggerating, but really don't but that much stock into what he said..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    for me Jones is one of the more obvious juicers in the game. How does a guy fall off the map at 31 years old?
    At 31 he was in his 13th major league season, the 12th full season. All of them at an up the middle, prime defensive position...for a guy who never stayed in shape.

It's like accusing Carlos Zambrano of being on roids without any ounce of proof, though I realize the witch hunts never actually needed or called for any real proof. He played a tough position for a long time without ever really bothering to stay in shape...The quick, early decline is not so hard to explain away without automatically jumping to roids.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-24-2012 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    At 31 he was in his 13th major league season, the 12th full season. All of them at an up the middle, prime defensive position...for a guy who never stayed in shape.

It's like accusing Carlos Zambrano of being on roids without any ounce of proof, though I realize the witch hunts never actually needed or called for any real proof. He played a tough position for a long time without ever really bothering to stay in shape...The quick, early decline is not so hard to explain away without automatically jumping to roids.
    It wasnt an average decline. He made it to the majors when he was 19 or 20, played as well as anyone for ten years and then was a different player in his 30's.

I realize my accusation is very arbitrary but I bet im right

vCash
    He's the best defensive CF of all-time. Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    He's the best defensive CF of all-time. Yes.
    Of all-time?

vCash
    I'm gonna go with no here. He was great at his peak, which lasted about a decade but is it not obvious he was juicing? I always take that into consideration although I know some people don't when 90% of the league was doing it too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast