Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Andruw Jones a HOFer?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 18.05%
  • No

109 81.95%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    The Guy was one of the best outfielders in history in Atlanta. However he only had 2 seasons of an OPS over .900.

Also he truly fell off a cliff after he left Atlanta and there is the steroids issue.

I'd say no to this.

vCash
    His HR numbers will be questioned, and the fact that he rapidly declined over night at the same exact moment testing got more stringent in the league will not be ignored. No chance. The greatest defense ever shouldn't be enough to carry mediocre and questionable offensive numbers. But I also don't think Ozzie Smith is a HOF'er so maybe I just have a ****** opinion on what a HOF'er is.

vCash
    His stats are good but not great. 20 years ago, he'd be a shoe in. Nowadays, with stats like that, he'd need to have a face like Ripken, Ozzie, etc. to give him a push into the hall. He doesn't have that kind of rep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanthree15 View Post
    His HR numbers will be questioned, and the fact that he rapidly declined over night at the same exact moment testing got more stringent in the league will not be ignored. No chance. The greatest defense ever shouldn't be enough to carry mediocre and questionable offensive numbers. But I also don't think Ozzie Smith is a HOF'er so maybe I just have a ****** opinion on what a HOF'er is.
    Ozzie is a hall of famer by every metric, best defensive shortstop of all time, and he held that value for well over a single decade and he was just good enough offensively to get there.

By basically every metric, Ozzie is a deserving hall of famer statistically, and he is above Jones.

vCash
    I say no, he doesn't belong. Very close though.

vCash
    No. I think the steroids were a big part of his success. He was an awesome defender though.

vCash
    is andruw jones a hall of famer?

lol

no
    Don't let this face fool you...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678