Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Andruw Jones a HOFer?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 18.05%
  • No

109 81.95%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wiesbaden Germany, By way of Philadelphia
    vCash
    I'm not knocking saber people at all here but anymore threads on baseball just seem to be 2.947393.939 aTJU with a 2749.fWTF I never even understand half this stuff anymore haha

#oldmanyellsatcloud

This guy can't get in, right? I mean as a phillies fan I remember when this dude was a beast, and I absolutely hated him. His drop off was way too steep though and those good years seem to be negated by his last years. I dunno just doesn't strike me as a HOF guy. Probably hall of great peak or something. Whatever

vCash
    Nope. I can't say Mays, Mantle, Aaron and Ruth along with Jones. Anothervery good player watering down the HOF .
    Maybe they should start a Hall of Very Good players. They could move many of the others like Rice into that one and leave the REAL HOF for the elite.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Nope. I can't say Mays, Mantle, Aaron and Ruth along with Jones. Anothervery good player watering down the HOF .
    Maybe they should start a Hall of Very Good players. They could move many of the others like Rice into that one and leave the REAL HOF for the elite.
    Thank you!

vCash
    People forgot how good he was. I'd say yes but wasn't he linked to PED's?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Jones probably had one of the best peaks of all time, but he also had one of the biggest drop offs of all time. If it's a weak class, he might sneak in.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    He had a hell of a peak but he fell off a cliff at 30. I would probably lean towards no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philapsychosis View Post
    I'm not knocking saber people at all here but anymore threads on baseball just seem to be 2.947393.939 aTJU with a 2749.fWTF I never even understand half this stuff anymore haha

#oldmanyellsatcloud

This guy can't get in, right? I mean as a phillies fan I remember when this dude was a beast, and I absolutely hated him. His drop off was way too steep though and those good years seem to be negated by his last years. I dunno just doesn't strike me as a HOF guy. Probably hall of great peak or something. Whatever
    It's funny seeing people use the stats when they so clearly have no idea what they mean.

vCash
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't buy into UZR enough to believe that there's any level of defense that could make a .277/.338/.513 line in 2003 worth 6 wins. I say close, but no.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't buy into UZR enough to believe that there's any level of defense that could make a .277/.338/.513 line in 2003 worth 6 wins. I say close, but no.
    I saw that too. He would've had to have been unreal defensively, and I already think WAR kind of overvalues defense a bit. Seems more of like a mid 3-low 4 Win season to me.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Lean towards no as well, and it's his own fault. He got fat. The guy was a historically great defensive player until BAM right into a cliff. He's in the Posada/Pettitte/Williams/Mussina led Hall of the Borderline.

Jones WAS unreal defensively. The best defensive CF of his generation at his best.

vCash
    He won 10 straight gold gloves. He was an incredible defender to watch and he may have fallen off but his peak lasted about 9 years which is a very long time. How many cfs were putting up that kind of power and defense?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I saw that too. He would've had to have been unreal defensively, and I already think WAR kind of overvalues defense a bit. Seems more of like a mid 3-low 4 Win season to me.
    That line with very good defense in CF right now might be worth 5-6 wins. Not in 2003.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Lean towards no as well, and it's his own fault. He got fat. The guy was a historically great defensive player until BAM right into a cliff. He's in the Posada/Pettitte/Williams/Mussina led Hall of the Borderline.

Jones WAS unreal defensively. The best defensive CF of his generation at his best.
    Jim Edmonds was pretty damn good too.

vCash
    Defensively Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Edmonds

vCash
    for me Jones is one of the more obvious juicers in the game. How does a guy fall off the map at 31 years old?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast