Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Gifts of Ted Thompson

I think it is fair to say since Ted Thompson took over he has delivered Packer Nation and the organization with a plan and players that have mostly exceled and came to be team players. Since TT has taken over, what we have seen has been nothing short of remarkable. Its the Holliday season, so I was thinking which "gift" are you most grateful for. In gift, it can be any move, a situation, draft pick, pretty much anything since his tenure.

My first gift that I am grateful for is:
    The make up of the secondary as it stands now. Before the year I was very skeptical of the secondary, but once again he got players that can play and this unit as a whole is becoming a very solid unit for years to come, despite Woodson being out.

White Elephant gift (can be a time you were wrong about a player, questioned his judgement, hated a decision, and you were wrong):
    I am going to go with Randall Cobb. I really wanted Torrey Smith or Hankerson at that pick in the draft, and I am proud to say that I am dead wrong.

I understand that this is a weird thready but TT deserves some recognition. What he has done for our Franchise has been nothing short of a miracle. Be as creative as you want, its the Holliday seasons.

vCash
    Managing to get both Raji and trading up to get Matthews in the first round. The future core of our defense.

vCash
    Gift: This past draft, in which TT focused on defense. Almost everyone in this past class has contributed and has given us optimism for an excellent defense for years to come. Heyward looks like a stud, and I have alot of faith in Perry when he gets back. Worthy and Daniels have performed well, and Im not upset with McMillan.

White elephant gift: Canning Favre and going with Rodgers. I always thought Rodgers could be a good player, but Favre had a great year and I was sad to see him go, game closing picks and all. Now I love the move obviously considering we can watch a guy who could one day be considered as the greatest to ever sling it.

vCash
    I think the best thing about Ted is that even if our best players leave for free agency, he can find just about any type of player in the draft that can replace them.

Obviously guys like Rodgers, Matthews and a few others aren't replaceable but its incredible to see how many wide receivers we have that could play as a WR2 or even WR1 in other offenses.

What gets me going though is the defensive line. This season our run defense hasn't been the greatest but that D line is stepping up HUGE late in the season. Raji played like a man possessed against Tennessee. Mike Neal is playing decent considering his recent past. Pickett is reliable like always. Rotating between Mike Daniels and Jerel Worthy, the packers have a solid D line for years to come.

White Elephant Gift: Not Going after Marshawn Lynch. While I still maintain he would be great in green and gold, Ted got it right. I am extremely excited to see what Dujuan Harris can do with this offense and Ryan Grant is still serviceable. I think that pair can do some serious damage in the playoffs!

vCash
    Gift : Dan Barclay -- Picked him off the street and without him the playoffs wouldn't likely be happening... much less a potential 2nd seed.

White Elephant : James Jones -- Is there a bigger elephant in the room right now? More than half of us wanted him traded and we'd keep Gurley, etc.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    We're lucky and spoiled to have Thompson as our GM. Hands down best at what he does.

vCash
    i love tt. im so happy that others have warmed up to him over the past couple of years.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I love all his undrafted free agent gems. Tramon Williams, Sam Shields are solid corners. Also does great in every level of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    i love tt. im so happy that others have warmed up to him over the past couple of years.
    I'm one of those who will admit I didn't care for him, starting out with hiring a no name coach. Now I wouldn't want either of them leaving.

vCash
    I really didnt like him either, in the beginning of the whole Favre saga. Thats when he, without question, brought us our best gift in Aaron Rodgers.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vbjunkie View Post
    Gift : Dan Barclay -- Picked him off the street and without him the playoffs wouldn't likely be happening... much less a potential 2nd seed.

White Elephant : James Jones -- Is there a bigger elephant in the room right now? More than half of us wanted him traded and we'd keep Gurley, etc.
    oh lord, the 8-4 packers were going to miss the playoffs with det, chi, min, and tennesse left on the schedule if it wasnt for don barclay?
    Last edited by Tram0n man; 12-27-2012 at 10:26 AM.

vCash
    TT is good at general managing
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    oh lord, the 8-4 packers were going to miss the playoffs with det, chi, min, and tennesse left on the schedule if it wasnt for don barclay?
    hahahahahaha

Unleash the beast.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    It took awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I really didnt like him either, in the beginning of the whole Favre saga. Thats when he, without question, brought us our best gift in Aaron Rodgers.
    I was right there with you, hell a guy got permabanned from this website because of TT. I can't imagine what the less experienced PSD'ers would've done with Hawkeye around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    Another typically negative response from you. I think what he was saying is that when Bulaga went down I'm pretty sure we were left scrambling to fill the hole with players on our current roster.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcup View Post
    It took awhile.

I was right there with you, hell a guy got permabanned from this website because of TT. I can't imagine what the less experienced PSD'ers would've done with Hawkeye around.

Another typically negative response from you. I think what he was saying is that when Bulaga went down I'm pretty sure we were left scrambling to fill the hole with players on our current roster.
    you need to stop telling me what i am its annoying and i dont see what point it has. if you think thats what he was saying fine, just say that. dont see how attacking me is going to better get your point accross, its just going to piss me off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast