Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is it just me or does JJ Barea REALLY SUCK???

Just throwing it out there for everyone. I may not watch every minute of the wolves games, but when I do, I swear I see Barea hucking up shot after shot. Granted on that on some nights he's making them all (OKC game), most nights it seems like his poor shot selection is making the game much more difficult to win. How does having a player like him on this team make us become consistent winners? Thoughts anyone?

vCash
    BALKIS is that you?????

CYCLONE POWER!!!!!!

vCash
    But I agree, he is a useful player but not in starters minutes.

CYCLONE POWER!!!!!!

vCash
    I smell a troll, but, Barea is an ideal bench player. He can change games with his confidence and scoring ability off the bench. He has shown his worth a couple times this year, where he comes in when our offense goes flat, and he provides that offensive spark. I would not rely on him to be a starter, because his game is not one that can direct an offense, his game is one that can ignite a team. When he has his off nights, you simply minimize those nights by keeping him on the bench, when he is having an on night, you maximize that, and increase his minutes.

vCash
    just you

vCash
    Ask the mavericks how it makes us consistent winners.

vCash
    he is tough to be a fan of, due to his inconsistency. But much of it is not his fault. We simply are lacking health wise, and scoring wise, with Love always missing games, and Rubio not there yet. One night, he is the savior. The next, the goat. If we can get to the point where we use him like a ball handling Anthony Peeler, someone we bring off the bench, and if he is hot, you ride him, if he isn't, you park him. He will be utilized a lot better in that regard.

You live and die with Barea if you ask him to control the ball down the stretch.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    He'll be good coming off the bench and playing limited minutes. Thing is, it's never going to happen. Look at Ridnour, he's been starting since he joined us..

vCash
    I like his fiesty-ness and believe he is an asset. Like a lot of players he has to find his role....sometimes he's very good and sometimes he's OC.

But to me, I don't mind him going into the trees or throwing up a wild shot every so often because that is his game but, as long as he doesn't get into the mindset of "I'm going to drive and that's the bottom line".

Admit it, the league took away one of his strengths in getting offensive fouls with his on ball "flopping" (is how they see it).

I like that he's not intimidated also.

vCash
    We have discussed this in other threads....

vCash
    Inconsistent, but he seems to have an element of "big game" to him. He was a big reason the Wolves beat the Thunder.

You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to JJ.

vCash
    JJ is finally in HIS role. He's a spark plug that will sometimes misfire, but when called upon you know you'll get ultimate effort and a big game here and there. If it comes to it and we need to trade one of our backup pgs, I would like to keep JJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    JJ is finally in HIS role. He's a spark plug that will sometimes misfire, but when called upon you know you'll get ultimate effort and a big game here and there. If it comes to it and we need to trade one of our backup pgs, I would like to keep JJ.
    with Luke in a steady decline, for sure. Ridnour is so bad defensively, and never draws fouls. He is a nice midrange shooter, but nothing else.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    JJ is an awesome off the bench sucker punch

hes not a franchise changer

utilize him right and hes deadly

ask LBJ

Novak playing 30+ minutes same difference same result

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    JJ is an awesome off the bench sucker punch

hes not a franchise changer

utilize him right and hes deadly

ask LBJ

Novak playing 30+ minutes same difference same result
    exactly. There are guys who are tailor made for a role player. JJ is one of these. Asking him to do more is going to be a negative impact the majority of the time. As Rubio gets stronger, his playing time and role will be what it should be.