Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    In Tanny and Rex we trust!!!!!

Those were the good olee days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I agree with this, I believe there is a high probability that Rex remains no matter what happens with the GM position.

And if Rex does get canned, he will be brought in to DC another team instantly.
    I disagree, I think Rex would get another HC job in a heartbeat.

2 AFC title games in 4 years. If Mangina got another HC job immediately after his 3 seasons, Rex could definitely get one after his 4.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    On Rex:

I believe Woody would "endorse" and prefer to keep Rex ($$ owed + relative success)

However, he would allow the new GM to decide

Remember: "what interests your boss, should fascinate you"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

2 AFC title games in 4 years. If Mangina got another HC job immediately after his 3 seasons, Rex could definitely get one after his 4.
    So name the team, that would hire the coach that ran the circus, in a heartbeat?

Without naming a potential suitor for Rex, it's hollow at best.

vCash
    King P and Greet? Where have you been...ever since saying Polian is overrated you have been MIA.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I'm still here. Still think he's overrated.

vCash

Cool

Agreed.

Also I have 3 other names; Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Chan Gailey.

Those are 3 guys, like Rex, who most people would agree are great coordinators but subpar head coaches. Yet all of them got more than 1 gig as a coach. And none have accomplished half as much as Rex did.

If those guys got a 2nd chance, I see no reason why Rex can't.

vCash
    Im starting to feel a certain way about the whole Mr.T thing, I feel like we should keep him, He is backed into a corner at this point and id be intrested to see what kind of moves he makes to try and get back into the good graces of everyone. Id like to see what kind of moves he makes for the offense and everything else. Because a new GM isn't gonna understand the pain of the fans and everything else about the team. You can't be on the outside looking in and have the same perspective as those close to the situation. A new GM might not realize how urgently the offense needs to be re tooled as bad as we all want it to be. If Mr.T stays he will know it's do or die and Id wanna see what he is willing to do to fix this whole mess because the days of ignoring the offense are clearly finally over ,We might finally get the fixing we all want. We had to endure this mess of a season and we all are pissed off but this time next year we could be talking playoffs or more if the situation gets improved on offense and it has to now , the cat is out of the bag and the whole world has witnessed twice this season the most pathetic offensive performances in NFL history on prime time . Sometimes you have to step in **** to be able to cross the street
    Last edited by CurseOfJoeNamth; 12-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    I think someone's head has to roll after this season, and I don't think Sparano is enough. MrT get demoted to "capologist" and we get a new GM - who? IDK

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    Im starting to feel a certain way about the whole Mr.T thing, I feel like we should keep him, He is backed into a corner at this point and id be intrested to see what kind of moves he makes to try and get back into the good graces of everyone. Id like to see what kind of moves he makes for the offense and everything else. Because a new GM isn't gonna understand the pain of the fans and everything else about the team. You can't be on the outside looking in and have the same perspective as those close to the situation. A new GM might not realize how urgently the offense needs to be re tooled as bad as we all want it to be. If Mr.T stays he will know it's do or die and Id wanna see what he is willing to do to fix this whole mess because the days of ignoring the offense are clearly finally over ,We might finally get the fixing we all want. We had to endure this mess of a season and we all are pissed off but this time next year we could be talking playoffs or more if the situation gets improved on offense and it has to now , the cat is out of the bag and the whole world has witnessed twice this season the most pathetic offensive performances in NFL history on prime time television. Sometimes you have to step in **** to be able to cross the street
    A 4th grader knows how badly this offense needs to be retooled. Woody needs a competant GM making football decisions. What he doesn't need is for someone to continue to appease an anxious fanbase with moves that don't pay off.

While it might be a nice feel-good story to see Tanny turn this team around, Woody has to seriously ask himself if he trusts Tanny to make the right decisions when he's failed to do so this many times.

As I stated in another post, the Jets need a smart football GM who makes good football decisions. Whether fans like the decisions should be irrelevant.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I don't know , I don't know what to think anymore. We will def find out monday or atleast hear know what Woodys is thinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverquit11611 View Post
    Dont knw who it was but during manginis era other then gholston we hit on a couple playere revis harris slauson leon washington brad smith mangold d brick pouha we need that guy....
    Harris & Revis are great.

Gholston was an all-time bust, it takes skill to waste a top pick like that, especially when its not a QB.

Slausen I like but how big of a hit is that really.

Leon Washington wasn't a hit at all. He never did ****.

D'Brick was a top 5 pick. I'm not going to sit here and say he's been poor but I'm not going to give anybody big credit for the pick either.

Pouha has been surprisingly good, but we tried to give his job to Kris Jenkins how many times and for how much money
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Harris & Revis are great.

Gholston was an all-time bust, it takes skill to waste a top pick like that, especially when its not a QB.

Slausen I like but how big of a hit is that really.

Leon Washington wasn't a hit at all. He never did ****.

D'Brick was a top 5 pick. I'm not going to sit here and say he's been poor but I'm not going to give anybody big credit for the pick either.

Pouha has been surprisingly good, but we tried to give his job to Kris Jenkins how many times and for how much money
    Other than Gholston, those were hits. A lot of people suggest that the coaches have been picking the players int he draft and FA.

I think Mangini had more of a say than Rex, based on Rex's own admission of sucing at picking talent.

At the end of the day, the GM has to have the last word, so the people he's listening to have to be smart football people.

If Tanny is allowing his coaches to pick the talent, then he is completely incompetent and should have been fired years ago. That's what scouts are for.

My opinion is that he's been listening to the fans and the media...with the rare exceptions where the boss (Woody) forces his hand like with Tebow, and Favre.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    All of you condemning the Jets need to look around the league. And I don't mean the most successful picks. Even with those, you'll find that that particular team hasn't always found success with other picks. Look no further than NE, who has swung and missed on more than the Jets during the same time span. Since giving Bill more say on picks, he decided to trade down into the 2nd round where he missed on nearly every pick. There's a lot of luck involved and every team has it's share of success and failure. The Jets are no different having selected a few HOF'ers in recent memory. The question is what they do next. I personally don't think TBaum has done poorly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Other than Gholston, those were hits. A lot of people suggest that the coaches have been picking the players int he draft and FA.
    Still, count the amount of hits, number of years and the amount of top 10 draft picks they had to work with.

I still don't think you can take Leon Washington and call that a hit either -- if thats your standard and you still only have 6-7 hits in 6-7 years, that's terrible. Especially with the amount of top picks.
    If Tanny is allowing his coaches to pick the talent, then he is completely incompetent and should have been fired years ago. That's what scouts are for.
    Definitely agreed, I don't see how people can blame Rex for the guys brought in.
    #hatersgonnahate

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast