Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Polian is very overrated. Peyton Manning is the only reason he lasted as long.
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    No. He inherited that Bills team who already had Jim Kelly and all the big pieces.

And he had 1 good year with Carolina and was terrible afterwards.

Got lucky in Indy with Manning. And the only years they drafted well was when actual football men were handling things. Then he fired them and put his incompetent son in charge of things, and messed everything up. Last year exposed how bad he is as a GM.

I'll pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Think his eye for talent is a bit overrated to be honest. My pick would be Tom Gable, and I'm almost positive that he would keep Rex at HC.
    You guys are ridiculous and WAAAAYY off..

As a Director of Scouting when drafting Kelly, he was instrumental in brining Kelly in after the USFL folded.

Oh yah, then Polian went and brought in Bruce Smith, traded down for SHane Conlan, traded up for Nate Odems, greased Colts for Cornelius Bennet, drafted Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed in 2nd and 4th rounds. HIS team hit up 4 Super Bowls.

Then went to Carolina and took them to a Championship game in Year 2 - AS AN EXPANSION TEAM!!!!

Went to Colts and drafted Manning immediately, followed by Edgerrin James, drafted Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Cato June...some reliable players albeit not big names (not everyone can be) such as Dallas Clark, Donald Strickland, Ben Hartsock, Bob Sanders, Larry Triplett, Marlon Jackson, Kelvin Sheppard, Jacob Tamme, Pierrer Garcon

Do it once, maybe Lucky...do it twice...hmmm....3 times, each VIA THE DRAFT many of which were finessed with trades...this guy knows talent, knows how to play the boards to get it.

Please....that Resume is ridiculous, may be the best ever.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 12-26-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Don't know who what was?

We need what guy?
    Im sure if the jets did the research on whos decisions influenced the mangold and revis draft years they could determine who "that guy" was...... it was mangini tanny years so mangini???

vCash
    O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum - my goodness, they could fire Mr. T in a festive song if they wanted.

More to the point, I just don't see Rex going if Mr. T does. As much as this season's been a train wreck, his overall record as head coach is still among the most impressive in Jets history.

This season has been very, very bad, but a 6-9 record (hopefully soon 7-9) isn't THAT bad. Maybe it's just was just old enough to comprehend football when Rich Kotite took over for two years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverquit11611 View Post
    Im sure if the jets did the research on whos decisions influenced the mangold and revis draft years they could determine who "that guy" was...... it was mangini tanny years so mangini???
    Are you axing me or telling me?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I think we should bring back Jimmy Johnson
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I think we should bring back Jimmy Johnson
    By definition, it is impossible to bring someone back who was never here.

Didn't they teach you the definition of words at Clown College University, ccugrad?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/27/mi...nbaum-jets-gm/

Looks like he'll be let go after Sundays game.

Woody isnt messing around
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Mr.T is gonna be fired on Monday accoording to sources , Thank God we never have to hear his ******** again, Farewell

vCash
    Un-named sources? They've been spot on so far this year, so yeah.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Un-named sources? They've been spot on so far this year, so yeah.
    , I assumed you already knew,What Jet fan doesn't at this point
    According to a CBS Sports report, the New York Jets will most likely fire GM Mike Tannenbaum on Monday right after the season finale against the Buffalo Bills. Tannenbaum, who joined the Jets in 1997 as director of player contract negotiations, was promoted to general manager in 2006, replacing Terry Bradway who has remained with the team as a senior personnel executive. The Gang Green have reached the playoffs in only three of seven Tannenbaum's seasons as GM.

Tannenbaum's tenure began pretty strong, as the Jets made the playoffs in 2006, 2009 and 2010. However, recent questionable free agent moves and drafts that haven't produced any true stars directly led to the current lack of talent on the Jets' roster.

Head coach Rex Ryan's job appears to be safe, at least until the new GM is in place. Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, however, will almost certainly be fired as well, as the offense struggled immensely all year and is currently ranked 30th in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    , I assumed you already knew,What Jet fan doesn't at this point
    Of course I knew. You've been Magoo'd.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Cimini I saying a name coming up for the gm spot in Clinksdale from the Raiders the guy use to work for know nothing about him

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Cimini I saying a name coming up for the gm spot in Clinksdale from the Raiders the guy use to work for know nothing about him
    Lots of words. What do they mean?

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    I do not want Joey Clinkscales at all. So many better and more qualified candidates out there. If he is hired then he will serve as a puppet to Woody Johnson.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    No to Clinkscales. He's already worked for us under this regime. We need a fresh face IMO.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast