Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Polian is very overrated. Peyton Manning is the only reason he lasted as long.
    You know he built the Bills teams that went to the Super Bowl four years in a row right? And the Panthers team as one of the best expansion teams ever.

Still, I wouldn't sleep on Mike Lombardi. He has experience with Belichick and people speak very highly of him.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    You know he built the Bills teams that went to the Super Bowl four years in a row right? And the Panthers team as one of the best expansion teams ever.

Still, I wouldn't sleep on Mike Lombardi. He has experience with Belichick and people speak very highly of him.
    No. He inherited that Bills team who already had Jim Kelly and all the big pieces.

And he had 1 good year with Carolina and was terrible afterwards.

Got lucky in Indy with Manning. And the only years they drafted well was when actual football men were handling things. Then he fired them and put his incompetent son in charge of things, and messed everything up. Last year exposed how bad he is as a GM.

I'll pass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I agree with this, I believe there is a high probability that Rex remains no matter what happens with the GM position.

And if Rex does get canned, he will be brought in to DC another team instantly.
    I think he gets another shot as a HC

vCash
    Hmm.. Any link to this story?..Doubt M.R T and/or Rex are going anywhere.. However, I do welcome a cleaning of the house.. Then bring in Bill Cower to take over everything...

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Marc Ross: he has a great eye for talent. But we probably wont get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    Think his eye for talent is a bit overrated to be honest. My pick would be Tom Gable, and I'm almost positive that he would keep Rex at HC.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    I feel this new GM thing is a farce. Tanny will just have his title changed but ultimatley still have final say. (another jets PR move)

Then we have to look at who would even want to join this circus? I wouldnt want my name attached to an organization who doesnt even have a starting calibre QB on its roster.

Its almost career suicide to come to this organization right now. You can forget about all the big names. Why bother? The challenge? yeah right!

Most respected GM's will want final say on all roster/HC decisions. I dont think Woody is going to offer anything close.

Nope these are the Jets we are talking about...Dont get your hopes up.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    Too bad he'll probably fire Rex and hire Kevin Gilbride or Perry Fewell

vCash

mike lombardi!

if lombardi gets the gm job for nyj, there's a great possibility he brings in nick saban as the new hc.

my choice is to either keep rex or lure bruce arians from the colts.

vCash
    Dont knw who it was but during manginis era other then gholston we hit on a couple playere revis harris slauson leon washington brad smith mangold d brick pouha we need that guy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverquit11611 View Post
    Dont knw who it was but during manginis era other then gholston we hit on a couple playere revis harris slauson leon washington brad smith mangold d brick pouha we need that guy....
    Don't know who what was?

We need what guy?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I feel this new GM thing is a farce. Tanny will just have his title changed but ultimately still have final say. (another jets PR move)

I agree with GreenLantern. However, they'll bring in a GM to compete with Mr. T and promise him he will be able to make 15-20 decisions. Then extend Mr. T's contract to build his confidence and name him the starting GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I feel this new GM thing is a farce. Tanny will just have his title changed but ultimatley still have final say. (another jets PR move)
    You know what? You make an excellent point. I can't believe I didn't see this before, but it's...

Oh no, wait. I changed my mind.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting (Giants)
    Dennis Hickey, Director of Player Personnel (Bucs)
    Tom Gamble, Director of Player Personnel (49ers)
    Eric DeCosta, Director of Player Personnel (Ravens)
    All of these guys would having Director as title obviously have had influence in successful teams, all of which built via draft over he years.

I believe this would be the first GM job for all of them? You don't see many GMs get multiple chances except for Polian.

I believe we will need to give someone new a chance. I cannot see Polin coming here...our organization has beena joke past few years, the reputation has been staunch and i cannot see Polian putting him in a position of nothing to gain everything to lose type scenario

You think polian wants to work with Rex? of course him coming here could be contingent, and while though Woody sure could fire him it just seems a tad too early for that. I seriously have lost a lot of respect for him since Day 1. Honestly the foot video kind of started it.. the stupid times where he messed up and had to pay embarrasing fines...his mouth has gotten annoying, it seems he lost respect of the team, he seems to lack any offensive input, he cannot seem to instill leadership within anyone as we have lacked those recently...OK so now that I justified firing him I still dont see if happening

Whoever (GM) comes here next is going to have to build through the draft...Woody obviously has an understanding of the Cap Situation next year, with Harris, Dbrick, Mangold, and Revis upcoming in not too distant years and Keller gone this year or resigned...we have no other choice than via draft.

Woody will need a head to roll (Rexs) after next season in the event the trend continues...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Why foes everyone want polian.. What on his resume is so spectacular? I dont get it
    How about the late 80s to 90s Buffalo Bills who had 4 straight Super Bowl appearances (He was GM for 3 of them)

How about taking on the expansion Carolina Panthers and building (most all via Draft) the quickest Super Bowl winning team, and nearly did so in the 2nd season with an appearance in a Championship game...

and tops perhaps his most notable with the Colts in 98 selecting Manning Edge and many others...

He was fired as of last year and is now an analyst...why would he be targeted...I would be stoked.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 12-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast