Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Tannembaum on his way out?

@CBSJets: Hearing from sources tonight that Woody Johnson's search for a new GM may have already begun.#Jets #NYJ

Anyone have any ideas of who would make a good GM?

And if a GM is brought in, their gonna want to bring in their own HC, correct?
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting (Giants)
    Dennis Hickey, Director of Player Personnel (Bucs)
    Tom Gamble, Director of Player Personnel (49ers)
    Eric DeCosta, Director of Player Personnel (Ravens)
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Marc Ross, Director of College Scouting (Giants)
    Dennis Hickey, Director of Player Personnel (Bucs)
    Tom Gamble, Director of Player Personnel (49ers)
    Eric DeCosta, Director of Player Personnel (Ravens)
    All of these guys would having Director as title obviously have had influence in successful teams, all of which built via draft over he years.

I believe this would be the first GM job for all of them? You don't see many GMs get multiple chances except for Polian.

I believe we will need to give someone new a chance. I cannot see Polin coming here...our organization has beena joke past few years, the reputation has been staunch and i cannot see Polian putting him in a position of nothing to gain everything to lose type scenario

You think polian wants to work with Rex? of course him coming here could be contingent, and while though Woody sure could fire him it just seems a tad too early for that. I seriously have lost a lot of respect for him since Day 1. Honestly the foot video kind of started it.. the stupid times where he messed up and had to pay embarrasing fines...his mouth has gotten annoying, it seems he lost respect of the team, he seems to lack any offensive input, he cannot seem to instill leadership within anyone as we have lacked those recently...OK so now that I justified firing him I still dont see if happening

Whoever (GM) comes here next is going to have to build through the draft...Woody obviously has an understanding of the Cap Situation next year, with Harris, Dbrick, Mangold, and Revis upcoming in not too distant years and Keller gone this year or resigned...we have no other choice than via draft.

Woody will need a head to roll (Rexs) after next season in the event the trend continues...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    As the new GM:
    Tom Gamble as the 1st option, followed by Bill Polian.

vCash
    As the new GM:
    Tom Gamble as the 1st option, followed by Bill Polian.

vCash
    I don't think Polian would accept a GM position. He'd definitely want to be the president/vice chairman/whatever and then bring in his choice of GM, HC and so on and so forth.

Obviously, I don't really know. Just speculating.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Whoever it is....I'm optimistic, (as long as its not a "Cap-ologist")

We need TALENT!

vCash
    Polian for sure

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYozzy View Post
    Polian for sure
    Why foes everyone want polian.. What on his resume is so spectacular? I dont get it
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I'd go with DeCosta or Gamble.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Why foes everyone want polian.. What on his resume is so spectacular? I dont get it
    Polian is very overrated. Peyton Manning is the only reason he lasted as long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Polian is very overrated. Peyton Manning is the only reason he lasted as long.
    You know he built the Bills teams that went to the Super Bowl four years in a row right? And the Panthers team as one of the best expansion teams ever.

Still, I wouldn't sleep on Mike Lombardi. He has experience with Belichick and people speak very highly of him.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    How about the late 80s to 90s Buffalo Bills who had 4 straight Super Bowl appearances (He was GM for 3 of them)

How about taking on the expansion Carolina Panthers and building (most all via Draft) the quickest Super Bowl winning team, and nearly did so in the 2nd season with an appearance in a Championship game...

and tops perhaps his most notable with the Colts in 98 selecting Manning Edge and many others...

He was fired as of last year and is now an analyst...why would he be targeted...I would be stoked.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 12-26-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    My 1st option is Gamble.

Like Decosta, but realistically he's not leaving Baltimore.

And while Marc Ross has me intrigued, I feel like he would probably fire Rex and hire Kevin Gillbride or Perry Fewell. And i wouldn't like that at all

vCash
    Does that mean Rex is gone too?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast