Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

mWP Appreciation Thread

Hey I love what Nash has done for this team and the way that Jordan Hill is playing. But let's not forget that MWP was the only guy I saw last night forcing his way into the paint and making beautiful moves to get the ball in the hoop. He has really developed into a good post player.

I thought to myself why when we have Pau and DH12 aren't we dominating more in the paint and I was so frustrated to see those two guys kind of lasily trotting around and not trying to force their way into the paint.

But then I forgot all about that when I saw MWP driving his way through traffic and backing his man down and putting that beautiful spin move on him. And if you need a three in crunch time MWP is your man. Goooo MWP!
    Last edited by The_Great_One; 12-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.

vCash

mWP Appreciation Thread

MWP is the GOAT..

Your baby can't do this

vCash

mWP Appreciation Thread

In all seriousness tho, he has impressed me this season. He's played good defense at times
    And provides scoring that has been gone for quite some time. He also looks A LOT healthier then last season. 2 thumbs up for MWP.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Metta was very consistent lastnight. In fact, he has been consistent since the start of this season. His defense and steal(s) has been huge for us. I'm glad he stepped up after Lamar left.

vCash
    If he can consistently provide something similar to the GSW game for us off the bench, we will be in very good shape.

vCash
    I think Metta is playing really solid basketball. He is by far our best overall player at both ends of the court, but obviously shouldn't be. I chalk that up to weak performances by Kobe and D12, but also really committed effort on Peace's part.

He's also dealing with D'Antoni's coaching moves without any drama. If he can manage not to allow anyone to slam their neck onto his elbow this year I think he's going to be a cornerstone of any success we have both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

vCash
    Metta is amazing this season

vCash
    Hopefully having steve nash around is helping his intelligence...
    This is all very funny.

Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

vCash
    Can we please stop posting these appreciation threads, we don't need to make a new thread for every time a Laker player plays well

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    artest 3 ball has been the biggest shocker for me this season.
    abysmal last season, but this season is much more consistent.

vCash
    do you guys remember the wcf againts the suns? everytime he is attempting to shoot at the 3 point line fans saying noooooooooooo nooooooooo.. wow! thinking about how much improvement he has done at this time of his carreer..

vCash
    This is definitely the best Ron Artest the Lakers have had.

My appreciation goes beyond what he's currently doing on the court, though.

When the Lakers signed him a few years ago, I never realized how much I would like the guy, as a person. I think he has matured a great deal, even if the league is quick to throw him under the bus when it's convenient.

I didn't used to like him, and that had very little to do with what happened in Detroit. I put that mostly on Ben Wallace and the douchebag in the stands. I rank Artest third on the blame list for that.

Despite that, I was OK with the Lakers signing him given the circumstances in the negotiations with Ariza. I discovered that he's a very genuine character. He has added a richness and flavor to the collective Laker personality, and I'm glad to see him doing well.

vCash
    MWP has proven he belongs...Lakers would sorely miss him if he's traded...It goes beyond stats...His relentless play on both ends today was contagious...Once D12 gets to 100%, our defense will be stifling...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    This is definitely the best Ron Artest the Lakers have had.

My appreciation goes beyond what he's currently doing on the court, though.

When the Lakers signed him a few years ago, I never realized how much I would like the guy, as a person. I think he has matured a great deal, even if the league is quick to throw him under the bus when it's convenient.

I didn't used to like him, and that had very little to do with what happened in Detroit. I put that mostly on Ben Wallace and the douchebag in the stands. I rank Artest third on the blame list for that.

Despite that, I was OK with the Lakers signing him given the circumstances in the negotiations with Ariza. I discovered that he's a very genuine character. He has added a richness and flavor to the collective Laker personality, and I'm glad to see him doing well.
    I think MetRon is the most interesting figure in sports over the past decade. He clearly had mental-health issues, and probably still battles them, but he's never shied away from that fact or used it as an excuse to be an idiot.

I'm more impressed by him and the way he's tried to live and improve his life than any other public figure/celebrity I can think of.

vCash
    Metta deserves all-star. you may disagree, but to me Metta World Peace deserves to be on the all-star team this year on the bench of course.

I also realized Metta ABSOLUTELY DISLIKED the TRIANGLE OFFENSE. he's thriving on this offense.

systems definitely change players. it's true. I'm just afraid Dwight won't be the same either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast