Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Alright, thought some more about this:

Replace Westhoff with Ben Kotwica - He's learned from Westhoff. I know ST's sucked this year, but I still think that it was because of the talent more than the coaching.

Replace Mike Pettine with Matt Eberflus, Dallas's current LB coach - Dallas's LB's have been fantastic this year. Spencer has been a Pro Bowl caliber player, Victor Butler's been good, and I've really been impressed with Bruce Carter. Meanwhile, the Jets need help at LB, and they need a coordinator young/inexperienced enough that he won't want to call plays, which Rex should go back to doing full time with Pettine gone. Ebeflus could help teach Davis and whatever OLB the Jets draft while staying in a smaller role.

Replace Tony Sporano with Pete Carmichael or Aaron Kromer - The Jets won't have a very good passing game next year. Unfortunately, there's not much that could change that. Carmichael has coached the fantastic Saints offense for years, and this year he's kept it very good without Sean Payton. He knows how to get good performances out of little known WR's and he knows how to use multiple RB's. Carmichael, like Mike Pettine, could be looking to get out from under his HC's shadow. If not, the Jets should target the right hand man of the right hand man, Aaron Kromer. No play calling experience which obviously hurts, but that Saints OL has been fantastic despite losing Carl Nicks.

QB - Cut Sanchez as a June 1st cut, cut Tebow, sign Matt Moore and Bruce Gradkowski to compete with Greg McElroy.

RB - Sign the odd man out in NO's backfield (probably Chris Ivory), I can't see NO keeping all 4 of those guys. Keep Powell and McKnight. Draft someone like Rex Burkhead, Christine Michael, or Kenjon Barner in the 4th.

FB - Let go of Hilliard. Baker is good enough.

WR - Stick with what they've got. Edwards was an improvement, Holmes will be healthy, and Kerley has been a fantastic deep threat. Hill will hopefully develop a bit, and Gates or White is fine rounding out the group.

TE - Draft Zach Ertz, who could be a 3 down TE. If he's not available in the 2nd, draft Dion Sims or Joseph Fauria in the 3rd. Then, keep Cumberland as a situational player and find a UDFA as a #3 TE.

OL - It's fine. Not elite, but definitely above average. Give them another year to develop chemistry and a QB who could read a defense. Resign Jason Smith to compete at RT and play in jumbo sets if he loses the job, if he's willing to come back (he may be guaranteed a starting job elsewhere). Draft a versatile backup who can play on special teams in the 5th or 6th, like Sam Schwartzstein. Schlauderaff rounds out the backups. Incidentally, Schwartzstein and Schlauderaff would make a fantastic name for a buddy cop show.

DL - Have Dunbar and a scout scour the bottom of the draft and the waiver wires, looking for a NT that they could fall in love with. If they don't find one (they probably won't, NT's don't grow on trees), stick with what they have. If they do, then get him. Chris Baker comes immediately to mind, I wanted the Jets to get him coming out of Hampton, and he was productive for Washington this year. Nick Jean-Baptiste could be interesting as well.

LB - Cut Pace. Trade Harris for a 6th, most they'll get for him IMO. I think he's been awful this year, PFF backs me up. Cut Scott, resign him for a couple million, sign a similar caliber player if he won't resign (lower level, strong guy who can take on blocks). See if you can find a way to get Nico Johnson, even if it means sacrificing later picks. If not, look at Bruce Taylor from VA Tech. Get Victor Butler, hopefully Eberflus can bring him over. Resign Thomas as depth. Draft the best available pass rusher in the 1st, probably Moore or Mingo. Look to draft a good special teams prospect in the 7th. Use more nickel to limit ILB exposure.

CB - They're fine. Beg Revis to sign an extension before he drives up his value more, stick with what they have.

S - Draft Reid in the 2nd or Lester/Rambo in the 3rd (depending on whether they can get Ertz in the 2nd), resign Bell, cut Smith, keep Allen and Bush.

ST - Keep Malone, look for competition for Folk and Purdum

Again, not a Super Bowl team. But cutting Sanchez and Harris will help this team move on and get better, they'll have cap room to go for a star in 2014, and it provides long term fixes to problems instead of short term patches, with the downside being that not ALL the problems can be solved.
    I actually like this a lot. Not sure we need to get back Scott back... Might just be time to move along. But otherwise I love every move. Got rid of Harris and I love all the safety names you mentioned, especially Rambo or Lester in the 3rd. Also love what Bell provided for us this year so really happy you brought him back. Also LOVE the idea of getting Ivory/Thomas from New Orleans. Great replacements for Greene (if they indeed decide not to bring him back).

vCash
    I really only have a few firm wishes. I REALLLLLLLLY want Norv as the offensive coordinator. If we get him he's ours forever. He's not getting another head job. We could have an elite coordinator to develop our next QB. I'd like to draft a young QB, but I could care less who it is. Glennon has a ton of potential, especially with Norv coaching him. I'm a big fan of Tyler Wilson. The only one I really dislike is the guy from Syracuse, Nassib. I'd like the 49ers guy to be the new GM, but that's not firm. Honestly I'd really just be happy to get rid of the bad characters. Holmes being first among them.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    I actually like this a lot. Not sure we need to get back Scott back... Might just be time to move along. But otherwise I love every move. Got rid of Harris and I love all the safety names you mentioned, especially Rambo or Lester in the 3rd. Also love what Bell provided for us this year so really happy you brought him back. Also LOVE the idea of getting Ivory/Thomas from New Orleans. Great replacements for Greene (if they indeed decide not to bring him back).
    I actually would love to get rid of Scott. I just can't find a better option. Not even looking at a FA list but just going off of guys who might be underutilized on their current teams, Dallas won't let go of Carter, and Dan Conner isn't good. Paris Lenon is horrendous. Tavares Gooden hasn't earned playing time anywhere. AJ Hawk is too expensive and I doubt he goes anywhere. Jason Phillips is an RFA who should be tendered.

Takeo Spikes is the only option that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I really only have a few firm wishes. I REALLLLLLLLY want Norv as the offensive coordinator. If we get him he's ours forever. He's not getting another head job. We could have an elite coordinator to develop our next QB. I'd like to draft a young QB, but I could care less who it is. Glennon has a ton of potential, especially with Norv coaching him. I'm a big fan of Tyler Wilson. The only one I really dislike is the guy from Syracuse, Nassib. I'd like the 49ers guy to be the new GM, but that's not firm. Honestly I'd really just be happy to get rid of the bad characters. Holmes being first among them.
    I like Wilson too, but I feel like he'll end up going very high, higher than he should. I'm down on Norv after he ruined Rivers, although he has been great in the past.

vCash
    Alright well this was one of the worst seasons I have experienced as a Jet fan. However, I do not know why I am excited for the offseason. At least it will be and entertaining one and active one. Here are some of my thoughts. Let me break it down:

Front Office and Firings:
    As everyone knows, changes need to be made. Sporano definitely needs to go and he probably will. I'd actually rather take Schotty over him truthfully. Cavanaugh needs to join him.

As for Rex and Tanny. This is where I am torn. I was always an advocate for firing Tanny and keeping Rex, but Schien brought up a good point today. You can't just fire one and bring back the other. Keeping Rex might actually discourage potential GMs from coming here. As much as I like Rex and what he does with the Defense (Top 7 without Revis is Incredible) his post game interviews and dumb decisions just puzzle me. Goes back to last year, How do you not know why Holmes was taken out of the game? Why was McElroy inactive against Tennessee? Then his blind loyalty to players like Scott, Pace, and Sanchez. Rex is a great coach in many ways and AWFUL in others. That's why I am still deciding whether or not we should get rid of him. Tanny is a definite you can't make dumb decisions that eventually will hurt us down the road. Rex is a question mark.

Cuts:
    This is easy, Pace, Scott, Thomas, Tebow, Jason Smith should all be gone. Like someone said, Pace might just be the worst defensive player starting in the NFL right now. Scott is not much better. If you want Harris to play up to that large contract, groom Davis into the player Scott was a few years ago. McIntyre should compete for one of the starting OLB positions, while the other starter should be a first rounder.

Resignings:
    Devito and Keller should not be back. I know Devito is great against the run, but it is time to hand it over to Coples who really impressed me after I said he would not fit into a 3-4. Keller just doesn't seem motivated. He missed half the year during a contract year for him and I really don't believe he wants to come back. If he is willing to sign cheap fine, but if not he can hit the road. The safety position is another tough one to decide. Landry is going to want money and I much rather give the money I would give to Landry to a guy like Jairus Byrd so we can finally get a legit ball hawking FS. Bell wasn't awful and is a good leader who will come cheaper so I wouldn't mind signing Bell back cheap if we get a legit FS. Bray Bray should also come back as it is clear to me that he wants back more than anyone on the roster. Greene should be let go.

Trades:
    Explore a deal for Holmes. If you can get even a late round draft pick, we should take it and then try to sign someone like Henderson or maybe hit a homerun with someone like Bowe, which is doubtful.

Sanchez needs to be gone more than anyone on our roster. It has got to the point where I would even take the cap hit. If he is willing to restructure his deal to make it more trade friendly or cut friendly, he needs to do it because deep down there is not way Sanchez wants back here next year.

Draft:

First Round: Should be one of Mingo, Jones, or Moore. We need a pass rusher and these guys are all great at it. Depending on whether or not we want to run a 3-4 or a 4-3 is where we will lead. If we switch to a 4-3 Moore will likely be the pick, but if we keep the 3-4 it will be either Mingo or Jones.

Second Round: This is where I would go QB. I don't think this class is as bad as what people are making it. There are no stud QBs but a lot of solid ones. Hopefully we can find someone like Russel Wilson. This is where I would go with Nassib, Murray, Manuel, Wilson, or Jones. I'd prefer Wilson or Nassib, but there still is a lot of time and none of the guys are bad options.

3rd Round: This is where we go O-Line or RB or QB if we go O-Line in the 2nd. Wide Receivers should not be taken in this draft as I don't feel that it is the big of a need.

Free Agents:
    There are plenty of good offensive linemen out there. There are two guys I like out of Buffalo. Levitre who is a stud and Urbik who is great pass blocker. I feel like Brick, Slauson, and Mangold are the guys we should keep. Moore and Howard need to be replaced.

Like I said FS is something we need to address also. Byrd is an awesome FS that would really turn us into a TOP secondary.

I am one of the few that actually like our receiving core. If we do get rid of Holmes which I can't see, then we should address this. I still think that if we get improvement out of Hill and Kerley then this is a fine receiving core. Sanchez made these guys look worse than what they are.

At QB we need to bring in a veteran. Moore or Campbell would be ideal IMO. Both are very realistic options and have put in good years before. I would really like Moore.

Depth Chart:

QB: Moore, Nassib/Wilson, McElroy
    RB: Powell, free agent RB, McKnight
    H-Back: Baker
    WR: Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Gates
    TE: FA, Cumberland
    OL: Brick, Slauson, Mangold, Urbik, FA/Draft Pick
    DL: Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha?
    OLB: Jones/Mingo, McIntyre,
    ILB: Davis Harris
    CB: Revis, Cro, Wilson
    S: Bell, Byrd

Sorry for the long post just thought I put my opinion down. Ultimately if you get the Moore you got in Miami this is a playoff team. Maybe I am being a homer, but I see this as a realistic and ideal offseason.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/twobox/img/jets_impact/photo/11869870-large.jpg target=_blank>http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/...9870-large.jpg</a></div>

#YearOfTheHill

vCash
    I really think we have to get rid of Sanchez. As long as he's on the roster the specter of his tenure will always haunt them. I'll take the cap hit to move on, especially if we can avoid a cap hit in 2014 so we can start spending on free agents then.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    If you're gonna axe a coach, axe them all including Rex. Bring Gruden aboard!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    If you're gonna axe a coach, axe them all including Rex. Bring Gruden aboard!
    Who axed for your opinion? I'm not axin' no coaches nuffin'!

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Who axed for your opinion? I'm not axin' no coaches nuffin'!

The guillotine

vCash
    It looks like Greg Jennings could be available this offseason. He's a FA, and told the guys at FOX that he thinks the team considers him expendable at this point.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    The guillotine
    Now you wanna come in here wit your fance german words?

-Sun Tzu

vCash

IF I WERE THE NEW GM... What I would do?

2012 was a rough season for the NY Jets and most of the blame was on our offense. Without our top playmakers Holmes and Revis a 6-10 record and having a shot at the playoffs was a blessing it shows that we are better then we looked. I have posted before that I was not a Sanchez fan at all even when we drafted him I knew he was not right for this team. To all you fans say that he doesnt have anyone to throw well your wrong and need to watch the game more. He couldnt make screen passes because he is that awful. Now, lets get to it I will be doing more but as of right now this is what I think should do in the offseason if I were the new GM of the Jets.

Lets make our players our first priority. Heres a list of our free agents for 2013!
    Yeremiah Bell-sign vet minimun
    Mike DeVito-walk
    Braylon Edwards-sign vet minimun
    Nick Folk-walk
    Shonn Greene-sign 3 yr 12 mill
    Lex Hilliard-sign 1yr
    Dustin Keller-sign 4yr 23 mill
    Laron Landry-sign 4yr 25 mill
    Brandon Moore-walk (dont want to but we need to re-work oline)
    Chaz Schilens-walk
    Matt Slauson--sign 2r 8 mill
    Bryan Thomas-walk

Now, I know were very thin at the salary cap position so here are the players we need to cut!
    Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, Sione Pouha (I told you guys last year early in a thread that we should not have resigned him he was a hazard and injury prone look i was right)

Now those are players that we need to Trade and try to get something out of them like a late draft pick! Tebow to Jax for a 6th or 7th round draft pick! They want him bad so have them pursue it! Hate to say and I am more going to hate when I see Mark Sanchez back next year, no GM in there right mind is going to will to take on that contract unless they want to wind up like Tanny. So Mark will be back next year competing for the starting position!

I say we need to bring in a veteran QB to challenge Sanchez or make a trade and the two QB's I think is Jason Campbell sign via FA or trade for Alex Smith! We need O line help so your biggest sign in FA should be there and there is a lot of talent that will be in FA Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Vollmer we need to make a play for these guys! WR help I think we will be fine if we have Edwards, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, White, and Keller if we decide to bring back could be a hell of a reciever corps.

Now our D, looked really good and I like what I see for the future with Wilkerson, Ellis, and Coples on our D line! This is going to be quite some tandem that we will have and our secondary with Revis, Cromartie, Landry, and Bell is just awesome to see! But our LB's are struggling but I am excited to see Harris and Davis but we can address this situation in the Draft! I doubt Manti T'eo falls to us but if he does that needs to be our first round pick! I also like Deon Jordan and Bjoern Werner but I am not getting into draft picks today because I like to watch the combine and pay more attention when the draft is near and its to early to tell! FA wise you have Connor Barwin which is a incredible pass rusher and his price is going to be reasonable! But if your not going to spend a lot on the O line in FA then do it here with Anthony Spencer he has been out performing Ware on that Cowboys D and is an incredible pass rusher! I would like to see him in the Green and White and I want him sacking Brady all day long haha!

In the draft we need to look at (OL, LB, PK, DL, TE, maybe QB). This is what I think the Jets should do in the offseason when the draft gets closer and see which players will be testing the market via FA or cut I will post another offseason thread! Ready for a new year guys hopefully 2013 were back in the playoffs and trying to chase down that Lombardi Trophy
    Last edited by JetsFan1988; 01-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.

vCash

If I were the GM, this is what I would do for the upcoming 2013 season

2012 was a rough season for the NY Jets and most of the blame was on our offense. Without our top playmakers Holmes and Revis a 6-10 record and having a shot at the playoffs was a blessing it shows that we are better then we looked. I have posted before that I was not a Sanchez fan at all even when we drafted him I knew he was not right for this team. To all you fans say that he doesnt have anyone to throw well your wrong and need to watch the game more. He couldnt make screen passes because he is that awful. Now, lets get to it I will be doing more but as of right now this is what I think should do in the offseason if I were the new GM of the Jets.

Lets make our players our first priority. Heres a list of our free agents for 2013!
    Yeremiah Bell-sign vet minimun
    Mike DeVito-walk
    Nick Folk-walk
    Lex Hilliard-sign 1yr
    Chaz Schilens-walk
    Bryan Thomas-walk

Now, I know were very thin at the salary cap position so here are the players we need to cut!
    Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, Sione Pouha (I told you guys last year early in a thread that we should not have resigned him he was a hazard and injury prone look i was right)

Now those are players that we need to Trade and try to get something out of them like a late draft pick! Tebow to Jax for a 6th or 7th round draft pick! They want him bad so have them pursue it! Hate to say and I am more going to hate when I see Mark Sanchez back next year, no GM in there right mind is going to will to take on that contract unless they want to wind up like Tanny. So Mark will be back next year competing for the starting position!

I say we need to bring in a veteran QB to challenge Sanchez or make a trade and the two QB's I think is Jason Campbell sign via FA or trade for Alex Smith! We need O line help so your biggest sign in FA should be there and there is a lot of talent that will be in FA Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Vollmer we need to make a play for these guys! WR help I think we will be fine if we have Edwards, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, White, and Keller if we decide to bring back could be a hell of a reciever corps.

Now our D, looked really good and I like what I see for the future with Wilkerson, Ellis, and Coples on our D line! This is going to be quite some tandem that we will have and our secondary with Revis, Cromartie, Landry, and Bell is just awesome to see! But our LB's are struggling but I am excited to see Harris and Davis but we can address this situation in the Draft! I doubt Manti T'eo falls to us but if he does that needs to be our first round pick! I also like Deon Jordan and Bjoern Werner but I am not getting into draft picks today because I like to watch the combine and pay more attention when the draft is near and its to early to tell! FA wise you have Connor Barwin which is a incredible pass rusher and his price is going to be reasonable! But if your not going to spend a lot on the O line in FA then do it here with Anthony Spencer he has been out performing Ware on that Cowboys D and is an incredible pass rusher! I would like to see him in the Green and White and I want him sacking Brady all day long haha!

In the draft we need to look at (OL, LB, PK, DL, TE, maybe QB). This is what I think the Jets should do in the offseason when the draft gets closer and see which players will be testing the market via FA or cut I will post another offseason thread! Ready for a new year guys hopefully 2013 were back in the playoffs and trying to chase down that Lombardi Trophy

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan1988 View Post

Yeremiah Bell-sign vet minimum
    Let him walk
    Mike DeVito-walk
    Nick Folk-walk
    Keep him around
    Let him walk. I like him but powell does what he does and has a bit more speed. It's a good RB draft. We need an elusive guy that can break a run. I like Ellngton from Clemson, Taylor from stamford, Burkhead from nebraska in the 4th or 5th. (He could be a steal), Barner from Oregon. There are some good options.
    Lex Hilliard-sign 1yr
    Let him walk
    I don't give him 4. Try for 3
    Keep him and still rework the line
    Chaz Schilens-walk
    Who?
    Bryan Thomas-walk

I agree. They should all be gone

We need Oline (2-3 guys), an RB, a WR, sign a vet QB and draft a QB in the 3rd-5th, We need a pass rusher, an OLB and a FS that can defend the pass.
    I think that at least 4 of the following: RB, Pass rusher, OLB, FS and young QB and 1 O-lineman can easily be taken care of in the draft. If we actually have a good talent evaluator.

vCash
    This QB class is week I say we should trade for Kirk Cousins of the Redskins then sign or trade for a veteran for him to learn under! Cousins is better then anyone in the draft and has actual playing time

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan1988 View Post
    This QB class is week I say we should trade for Kirk Cousins of the Redskins then sign or trade for a veteran for him to learn under! Cousins is better then anyone in the draft and has actual playing time
    QB class is horrible!
    We won't get cousins. They want him. I don't want smith. He's too much like sanchez.
    Taj Boyd would be a good pick in the 3rd maybe 2nd. Alex Carder from W michigan would be a great pick in the 5-7th.
    As a vet, we should get Stanton back. lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast