Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andobuger View Post
    Realistic or ideal?

3-way deal (NYJ, JAX, SF):
    JAX gets: Tebow, S Greene + Conditional 6th from Jets (on Tebow's PT, wins)
    NYJ get Jones-Drew & A Smith
    SF gets JAX 5th

Jets-ARI deal:
    Sanchez, Holmes & Revis to ARI
    Fitzgerald to NYJ

I don't think any of this is possible.....but what the heck

Half Baked Logic:
    MJD no value to JAX anymore......they need Tebow for tixx & Greene gives them RB

A Smith is basically gonna be "dumped" by SF so they'll take what they can get

L Fitz is USELESS w/o a QB......LOAD up their DEF w Revis, give them "gulp" a better QB option w Sanchez and use Holmes as WR replacement and somehwhat $$ off-set

Our DEF survived w/o Revis and he's value we can send out to get solid return

Rex's DEF w OFF of A Smith, L Fitz, Hill, Kerley, Keller....MJD & Powell & McKnight (solid!)

.....back to reality now
    Revis and Holmes for Larry Fitzgerald?????? Why I wouldn't even do that in madden we don't need Larry Fitzgerald there are plenty of other options. If we ever trade Revis that might be the nail in the coffin for me as far as being a Jet fan, Our one Hall of Fame player
    Last edited by CurseOfJoeNamth; 12-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    Revis and Holmes for Larry Fitzgerald?????? Why I wouldn't even do that in madden we don't need Larry Fitzgerald there are plenty of other options. If we ever trade Revis that might be the nail in the coffin for me as far as being a Jet fan, Our one Hall of Fame player
    Curtis Martin said f you..
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    and Mark Sanchez just dissapears????? Decides to retire maybe???? We can't just cut Calvin Pace without taking a huge hit. Calvin Pace and Bart Scott are the least of this teams problems, Cut Sione Pouha??? We just resigned him to a 3 year deal and were gonna cut him 1 year later????His job is to stop the run up the middle and no one ever runs up the middle on us.The offense needs to be where all the moves take place this year just resign Landry and put whatever money we have towards the offense . The team you want on the field sounds worse then this years team
    I forgot about Sanchez my bad, and Yes Bart Scott and Pace WILL be cut and they are the BIGGEST problems on the defense right now. Pouha couldnt stay healthy this year, didnt play well when he was on the field and is gonna be 34 by the time next year starts. Its called being realistic sorry for not having us signing Gred Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, and Wes Welker this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    EJ Manuel is a reach in the second round, especially when Wilson/Bray might fall. But I'm hoping Lance Jones falls to us. He showed some great pro-moments this year and his only real bad game was against Kansas State. He seems to me that if he can be groomed for two years, he could be one of the best prospects.

Jordan Reed might not even come out for the draft, a lot of people are saying that he's going to stay his senior year. He has explosive talent, but is a terrible blocker. If he does come out for the draft, he would be a semi-reach in the 3rd round.
    You mean Landry Jones? If not idk who Lance Jones is. As for EJ being a reach I do think the 2nd is early for him but i see him having a good combine and I wanted to be realistic about it. I see it more possible for us reaching in the 2nd than having him fall to us in the 3rd/4th. Didnt know that about Jordan Reed but he's a better prospect than Jimmy Graham in terms of what theyve seen already (Graham played ball mostly in UM) and he's no worse than Keller in blocking and we drafted him in the 1st

vCash
    john elways becomes brain dead but doesnt tell anyone (greg mcelroy style) and trades peyton manning, and von miller to the jets for tim tebow

vCash
    My ideal offseason requires not spending all of my drug and hooker money on things I don't need.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    My ideal offseason requires not spending all of my drug and hooker money on things I don't need.
    Instant classic! Funny

vCash
    Could you imagine if Woody fires Rex and announces that Tony Sparano was the new coach???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Lol.. Crack is bad for you.. However coatis with hookers is good for you...

I'm thinking keep Sanchez, new OC/QB coach and draft GeNo Smith.. What do you think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1926329.html
    Last edited by caņamin; 12-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    Lol.. Crack is bad for you.. However coatis with hookers is good for you...

I'm thinking keep Sanchez, new OC/QB coach and draft GeNo Smith.. What do you think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1926329.html
    So one crack is bad, while another is good?

I think it would only be a matter of time before Jets fans turn on Smith.

I also think that a new QB coach and OC with a plan could not only do wonders for Sanchez, but could be the key to properly develop a draftee.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    1. Fire Tannenbaum
    2. Fire Tony Sparano (or demote him to Offensive Line Coach) & the rest of the Offensive Coaches
    3. Trade Sanchez & 2nd or 3rd Rd pick for Rivers OR Sanchez for Carson Palmer
    4. Trade Tebow to the Jags for a 5th or 6th Rd pick
    5. Trade Holmes for a 5th or 6th Rd pick
    6. Restructure/Extend Contracts of Cromartie, D'Brick, Mangold & Revis to salary cap friendly contracts.
    7. Trade Harris for a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick (undecided about this though) or just restructure his contract.
    8. Cut Jason Smith, Pace, Scott & Eric Smith
    9. Update Jets Logo & Uniforms

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Posting this here because there's no real thread for this, but the Jets should look into Will Hill for a couple million per year. At worst, he's a very good special teamer and third safety. At best, he might be a legitimate starter. He's the fourth best safety on the Giants so he hasn't gotten a real chance there, but the guy was an absolute freak going into college (3rd best prospect according to ESPN IIRC), was decent at Florida, and has been very good on special teams on the Giants. Someone with his athleticism might help with the fact that any time a RB gets to the 3rd level against this team, it's an automatic TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaYMaK View Post
    1. Fire Tannenbaum
    2. Fire Tony Sparano (or demote him to Offensive Line Coach) & the rest of the Offensive Coaches
    3. Trade Sanchez & 2nd or 3rd Rd pick for Rivers OR Sanchez for Carson Palmer
    4. Trade Tebow to the Jags for a 5th or 6th Rd pick
    5. Trade Holmes for a 5th or 6th Rd pick
    6. Restructure/Extend Contracts of Cromartie, D'Brick, Mangold & Revis to salary cap friendly contracts.
    7. Trade Harris for a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick (undecided about this though) or just restructure his contract.
    8. Cut Jason Smith, Pace, Scott & Eric Smith
    9. Update Jets Logo & Uniforms
    I dont want him anywhere near this team...

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Alright, thought some more about this:

Replace Westhoff with Ben Kotwica - He's learned from Westhoff. I know ST's sucked this year, but I still think that it was because of the talent more than the coaching.

Replace Mike Pettine with Matt Eberflus, Dallas's current LB coach - Dallas's LB's have been fantastic this year. Spencer has been a Pro Bowl caliber player, Victor Butler's been good, and I've really been impressed with Bruce Carter. Meanwhile, the Jets need help at LB, and they need a coordinator young/inexperienced enough that he won't want to call plays, which Rex should go back to doing full time with Pettine gone. Ebeflus could help teach Davis and whatever OLB the Jets draft while staying in a smaller role.

Replace Tony Sporano with Pete Carmichael or Aaron Kromer - The Jets won't have a very good passing game next year. Unfortunately, there's not much that could change that. Carmichael has coached the fantastic Saints offense for years, and this year he's kept it very good without Sean Payton. He knows how to get good performances out of little known WR's and he knows how to use multiple RB's. Carmichael, like Mike Pettine, could be looking to get out from under his HC's shadow. If not, the Jets should target the right hand man of the right hand man, Aaron Kromer. No play calling experience which obviously hurts, but that Saints OL has been fantastic despite losing Carl Nicks.

QB - Cut Sanchez as a June 1st cut, cut Tebow, sign Matt Moore and Bruce Gradkowski to compete with Greg McElroy.

RB - Sign the odd man out in NO's backfield (probably Chris Ivory), I can't see NO keeping all 4 of those guys. Keep Powell and McKnight. Draft someone like Rex Burkhead, Christine Michael, or Kenjon Barner in the 4th.

FB - Let go of Hilliard. Baker is good enough.

WR - Stick with what they've got. Edwards was an improvement, Holmes will be healthy, and Kerley has been a fantastic deep threat. Hill will hopefully develop a bit, and Gates or White is fine rounding out the group.

TE - Draft Zach Ertz, who could be a 3 down TE. If he's not available in the 2nd, draft Dion Sims or Joseph Fauria in the 3rd. Then, keep Cumberland as a situational player and find a UDFA as a #3 TE.

OL - It's fine. Not elite, but definitely above average. Give them another year to develop chemistry and a QB who could read a defense. Resign Jason Smith to compete at RT and play in jumbo sets if he loses the job, if he's willing to come back (he may be guaranteed a starting job elsewhere). Draft a versatile backup who can play on special teams in the 5th or 6th, like Sam Schwartzstein. Schlauderaff rounds out the backups. Incidentally, Schwartzstein and Schlauderaff would make a fantastic name for a buddy cop show.

DL - Have Dunbar and a scout scour the bottom of the draft and the waiver wires, looking for a NT that they could fall in love with. If they don't find one (they probably won't, NT's don't grow on trees), stick with what they have. If they do, then get him. Chris Baker comes immediately to mind, I wanted the Jets to get him coming out of Hampton, and he was productive for Washington this year. Nick Jean-Baptiste could be interesting as well.

LB - Cut Pace. Trade Harris for a 6th, most they'll get for him IMO. I think he's been awful this year, PFF backs me up. Cut Scott, resign him for a couple million, sign a similar caliber player if he won't resign (lower level, strong guy who can take on blocks). See if you can find a way to get Nico Johnson, even if it means sacrificing later picks. If not, look at Bruce Taylor from VA Tech. Get Victor Butler, hopefully Eberflus can bring him over. Resign Thomas as depth. Draft the best available pass rusher in the 1st, probably Moore or Mingo. Look to draft a good special teams prospect in the 7th. Use more nickel to limit ILB exposure.

CB - They're fine. Beg Revis to sign an extension before he drives up his value more, stick with what they have.

S - Draft Reid in the 2nd or Lester/Rambo in the 3rd (depending on whether they can get Ertz in the 2nd), resign Bell, cut Smith, keep Allen and Bush.

ST - Keep Malone, look for competition for Folk and Purdum

Again, not a Super Bowl team. But cutting Sanchez and Harris will help this team move on and get better, they'll have cap room to go for a star in 2014, and it provides long term fixes to problems instead of short term patches, with the downside being that not ALL the problems can be solved.
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 12-30-2012 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    Had to break up due to character limit

QB: Moore, Gradkowski, McElroy competition
    RB: Powell, free agent RB, McKnight, Barner
    H-Back: Baker
    WR: Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Gates
    TE: Ertz, Cumberland, UDFA
    OL: Same 5, Smith, Schlauderaff, Schwartzstein, add Smith to the buddy cop show
    DL: Coples, Wilkerson, Pouha, DeVito, FA (Baker???)
    OLB: Moore/Mingo, Butler, McIntyre, Thomas
    ILB: Davis, Scott, Mauga, FA
    CB: Revis, Cro, Wilson, Whoever they like out of Berry, Walls, Lankster, etc.
    S: Lester, Bell, Allen, Bush, maybe find an experienced FA as a backup

Edit: Forgot, bet Jeff Stoutland to come over as OL coach, Greg Olsen would be a decent option as QB coach, can't think of anyone better right now

Edit2: Throw Hoyer in the mix at QB, and any other mediocre backup QB I'm forgetting
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 12-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast