Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What would your perfect offseason be?

Sum it up in five points:

Here's what I'd have Woody do:

1. Bring in Michael Vick at QB, get rid of Sanchez & Tebow
    2. Fire Tannebaum, bring in Bill Polian, strongly suggest to Rex Ryan to change his strategy
    3. Draft a rookie RB, bring in a veteran whose on his way to retirement, let rookie have a heavy workload this season
    4. Sign Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings, go in with Holmes in the slot and Hill at the outside with Bowe/Jennings/Wallace.
    5. Let go of DeVito/cut Pouha, let the new faces shine with an every week lineup of Wilkerson, Ellis and Coples at DE.

vCash
    an offseason where nyspirit1 doesnt post on these forums

vCash
    okay first off. do not sign another high priced wr that would be rele dumb. this is the order in which things should go down.

1) fire tannenbaum and find replacement
    2) trade tebow to jax for maybe a 5th
    3) trade sanchez and a 6th or 7th to any team willing to take his contract
    4) cut scott, pace, eric smith, and jason smith
    5) resign landry, greene, keller, edwards, slauson, jason smith(cheap) and moore (unless you can steal levitre from buff)
    6) sign alex smith after he is cut. if not him then trade sanchez to seattle for flynn. or sign mike vick
    7) DRAFT: 1st- OLB, 2nd-WR or RB, 3rd- opposite of 2nd, 4th- OG, 5th(from jax)- OT, 5th- OLB, 6th+7th- best player available any position of need remaining

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by CAVEMAN5; 12-24-2012 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    My Perfect Offseason:

Fire Tannebaum and hire Erik DeCosta as GM
    Fire Tony Sparano and hire Norv Turner as OC

QB: Alex Smith and Greg McElroy
    RB: Giovani Bernard, Bilal Powell, Ray Graham
    FB: Brian Leonard
    WR: Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates
    TE: Dustin Keller, Josh Baker, Michael Williams
    LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG: Andy Levitre
    C: Nick Mangold
    RG: Matt Slauson and Caleb Schlauderaff
    RT: Sebastian Vollmer and Austin Howard

Trade Sanchez and Tebow
    Sign Alex Smith, Andy Levitre and Sebastian Vollmer
    Draft Gio Bernard (2nd), Ray Graham (4th/5th) and Michael Williams (4th/5th)

Switch to 4-3 Base Defense

DE: Dion Jordan and Ricky Sapp
    DT: Muhammad Wilkerson and Damon Harrison
    DT: Mike DeVito and Kenrick Ellis
    DE: Quinton Coples
    OLB: Demario Davis
    MLB: David Harris
    OLB: Josh Mauga and Nick Bellore
    CB: Darrelle Revis, Aaron Berry, Ellis Lankster
    Ss: LaRon Landry and Antonio Allen
    FS: Bacarri Rambo and Josh Bush
    CB: Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Isaiah Trufant

Release Pouha, Smith, Pace and Scott
    Resign LaRon Landry and Mike DeVito
    Draft Dion Jordan (1st) and Bacarri Rambo (3rd)

I think we will be fine with Mauga starting and I tried to make this a realistic mock and if I had enough money I would go out and get a OLB. Probably Daryl Smith.
    Last edited by JetsNation24; 12-24-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    My Perfect Offseason-JetsNation24

Fire Tannebaum and hire Erik DeCosta as GM
    Fire Tony Sparano and hire Norv Turner as OC

QB: Alex Smith and Greg McElroy
    RB: Giovani Bernard, Bilal Powell, Ray Graham
    FB: Brian Leonard
    WR: Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates
    TE: Dustin Keller, Josh Baker, Michael Williams
    LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG: Andy Levitre
    C: Nick Mangold
    RG: Matt Slauson and Caleb Schlauderaff
    RT: Sebastian Vollmer and Austin Howard

Trade Sanchez and Tebow
    Sign Alex Smith, Andy Levitre and Sebastian Vollmer
    Draft Gio Bernard (2nd), Ray Graham (4th/5th) and Michael Williams (4th/5th)

Switch to 4-3 Base Defense

DE: Dion Jordan and Ricky Sapp
    DT: Muhammad Wilkerson and Damon Harrison
    DT: Mike DeVito and Kenrick Ellis
    DE: Quinton Coples
    OLB: Demario Davis
    MLB: David Harris
    OLB: Josh Mauga and Nick Bellore
    CB: Darrelle Revis, Aaron Berry, Ellis Lankster
    Ss: LaRon Landry and Antonio Allen
    FS: Bacarri Rambo and Josh Bush
    CB: Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Isaiah Trufant

Release Pouha, Smith, Pace and Scott
    Resign LaRon Landry and Mike DeVito
    Draft Dion Jordan (1st) and Bacarri Rambo (3rd)

I think we will be fine with Mauga starting and I tried to make this a realistic mock and if I had enough money I would go out and get a OLB. Probably Daryl Smith.

JetsNation24- I like this, alot. I agree with all of the moves on the defensive side particularly because we need to get younger. I also believe Smith can be a nice piece at Quarterback for us. A mediocre QB with a solid run game, young and athletic defense can get us very far IMO.

Props to dodgersuck for the INSANE sig

Props to Vick27m for the sweet Userbar

NYK...We run this city.

vCash
    We already have an off-season thread... http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=789491
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    OK, I will go in order of importance:

1) Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round - (Nassib, Murray, Wilson, Jones, etc.)
    2) Sign a cheap veteran QB - (Moore or Campbell)
    3) Draft a pass rushing OLB in the first - (Mingo or Jones)
    4) Get rid of Tebow, Sparano and Tanny - (Replace Tanny with a good player evaluator)
    5) Upgrade HB or WR
    6) Sign or Draft a RT or RG (Smith or Levitre)
    7) Sign a FS - (Byrd I hope, but doubtful)

Wild Card: Trade Holmes for a late pick
    Last edited by Jets012; 12-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Cut the following if they can't be traded for anything: Tebow, Harris, Sanchez (June 1st cut), Harris, Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Pace, Scott

Resign: Scott after he's cut for a few million, Bell to a contract worth around $2 mill a year (they got him for 1.4 this year, should be doable even after his good year), Thomas to a contract similar to what he got this year, tender Austin Howard and Jeff Cumberland, resign Slauson, Moore, Edwards, and DeVito. If Moore won't resign short term (3 years or less), sign a decent RG, but they should really try to keep him.

Ditch the FB in the offense. Don't resign Hilliard, use Baker as an H-Back.

Draft a versatile OLB/DE in the 1st round (Damontre Moore would be a great fit if they could get him), and a TE and Safety in rounds 2 and 3 (Ertz and Lester, or McDonald and Sims, something like that). If Manti Te'o is available in Round 1 and they don't love any of the OLB's, draft him instead and switch completely to the 4-3, with Te'o at MLB, Davis at one OLB spot, and Scott, Thomas, and another FA splitting time at the other (the Jets should be a primarily nickel team next year anyway with Revis back).

Make something happen in Round 4. Trade up if necessary. Target Shayne Skov (a great system fit IMO if no stars are available), Tyronne Mathieu, EJ Manuel, Devin Taylor, or Kwame Geathers. See if they could luck into a star, ignore position. Trading Harris and a 4th for a late 3rd makes sense if a team wants to give him $4 million. Mathieu especially would bring some life back to the special teams, the Jets have let too many guys go on special teams and it's destroying them.

Take a QB late if they don't get one in Round 3/4. Derek Carr, Keith Price, and Colin Klein stand out.

Sign a placeholder QB. This is a bad QB draft, picking a QB too high is a good way to ruin a team, as we've already learned. This is a borderline playoff team with Revis and Holmes back, sign someone like Moore or Campbell and try to compete this year.

Sign a RB. Don't go crazy, get someone like Mike Goodson or Javon Ringer.

Make the base personnel essentially 3 WR, 1 RB, and a TE.

QB: Moore, McElroy
    RB: Powell, Goodson, McKnight
    WR: Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, generic FA
    TE: Ertz, Baker, Cumberland or other generic TE
    OT: Ferguson, Howard (not a great pass blocker, but fantastic in the running game)
    G: Slauson, Moore
    C: Mangold

DE: Wilkerson
    NT: Pouha
    DE: Coples
    Rotating in at all 3 spots (especially NT, he's surprisingly good there): DeVito

OLB: Thomas
    ILB: Scott
    ILB: Davis
    OLB: Draft pick (Moore?)

CB: Revis
    CB: Cro
    NB: Wilson (I know he's a bad corner, but he's a more than adequate nickel), Lankster

S: Bell
    S: Lester
    3rd safety: Mathieu

ST: Same as this year, with Mathieu able to return punts

It's not a super bowl team. It might not even be a playoff team. But it's cost effective and good for the future. It will set the Jets up in a position where they could find a QB the next offseason, they don't have any more onerous contracts, and they could really compete in 2014.
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 12-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    Cut the following if they can't be traded for anything: Tebow, Harris, Sanchez (June 1st cut), Harris (June 1st cut), Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Pace, Scott

Resign: Scott after he's cut for a few million, Bell to a contract worth around $2 mill a year (they got him for 1.4 this year, should be doable even after his good year), Thomas to a contract similar to what he got this year, tender Austin Howard and Jeff Cumberland, resign Slauson, Moore, Edwards, and DeVito. If Moore won't resign short term (3 years or less), sign a decent RG, but they should really try to keep him.

Ditch the FB in the offense. Don't resign Hilliard, use Baker as an H-Back.

Draft a versatile OLB/DE in the 1st round (Damontre Moore would be a great fit if they could get him), and a TE and Safety in rounds 2 and 3 (Ertz and Lester, or McDonald and Sims, something like that). If Manti Te'o is available in Round 1 and they don't love any of the OLB's, draft him instead and switch completely to the 4-3, with Te'o at MLB, Davis at one OLB spot, and Scott, Thomas, and another FA splitting time at the other (the Jets should be a primarily nickel team next year anyway with Revis back).

Make something happen in Round 4. Trade up if necessary. Target Shayne Skov (a great system fit IMO if no stars are available), Tyronne Mathieu, EJ Manuel, Devin Taylor, or Kwame Geathers. See if they could luck into a star, ignore position. Trading Harris and a 4th for a late 3rd makes sense if a team wants to give him $4 million. Mathieu especially would bring some life back to the special teams, the Jets have let too many guys go on special teams and it's destroying them.

Take a QB late if they don't get one in Round 3/4. Derek Carr, Keith Price, and Colin Klein stand out.

Sign a placeholder QB. This is a bad QB draft, picking a QB too high is a good way to ruin a team, as we've already learned. This is a borderline playoff team with Revis and Holmes back, sign someone like Moore or Campbell and try to compete this year.

Sign a RB. Don't go crazy, get someone like Mike Goodson or Javon Ringer.

Make the base personnel essentially 3 WR, 1 RB, and a TE.

QB: Moore, McElroy
    RB: Powell, Goodson, McKnight
    WR: Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, generic FA
    TE: Ertz, Baker, Cumberland or other generic TE
    OT: Ferguson, Howard (not a great pass blocker, but fantastic in the running game)
    G: Slauson, Moore
    C: Mangold

DE: Wilkerson
    NT: Pouha
    DE: Coples
    Rotating in at all 3 spots (especially NT, he's surprisingly good there): DeVito

OLB: Thomas
    ILB: Scott
    ILB: Davis
    OLB: Draft pick (Moore?)

CB: Revis
    CB: Cro
    NB: Wilson (I know he's a bad corner, but he's a more than adequate nickel), Lankster

S: Bell
    S: Lester
    3rd safety: Mathieu

ST: Same as this year, with Mathieu able to return punts

It's not a super bowl team. It might not even be a playoff team. But it's cost effective and good for the future. It will set the Jets up in a position where they could find a QB the next offseason, they don't have any more onerous contracts, and they could really compete in 2014.

Like you said that team isn't very good and I don't see the point of bringing back Scott. I would be shocked if they cut Harris. I'm not saying he is a top 5 ILB but he is pretty good and he knows the system.

I'm looking to get rid of all the mouth pieces on this team. I believe Holmes we can finally cut this year without a cap hit. Bart Scott will be gone. And honestly I would offer Revis 12-13 mill a season long term deal and see if he signs. I think he would consider that coming off injury. If you are able to lock him up I would trade Cromartie while his value is as high as it will ever be.

Cromartie might get you a 2nd and a 4th rounder I mean Vontae Davis got a 2nd and a 5th or so. Cromartie is a good player but his season has been vastly overrated when you consider how many inexperienced crappy quaterbacks the Jets have played this year.

Keller I would only sign at a certain price which I think a team will value him more then the Jets do. Cumberland if he ever stays healthy is more then capable of filling that role.

I would look to bring back both safeties they have played extremely well.

Those are a few things I would like to see happen.

vCash
    Get Kickalisous!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo

Since our QB's cant put up points might aswell get a kicker that can everytime.

vCash
    If we can get Sanchez and Tebow out of the squad without being crippled we will have done well

Also:

1, We NEED a strong OC. Strong personality and legit play caller. Sporano isnt good enough.

2, Draft needs to concentrate on Pass Rush and Run Game.

3, We need a starting QB. Its either GMac or someone from FA (Matt Moore or Jason Campbell I would like). Its a big gamble, but I personally really like Kirk Cousins and I would give up a 2nd for him without a thought.

4, Need to get Pace and Scott out. Great players in their day, but done.

5, Keep Revis. He is our only legit world class player. If you trade him for two firsts... are you going to get another Revis out of the draft? 1/50 chance at best. He is a HOF player, and you keep him at any cost.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Like you said that team isn't very good and I don't see the point of bringing back Scott. I would be shocked if they cut Harris. I'm not saying he is a top 5 ILB but he is pretty good and he knows the system.

I'm looking to get rid of all the mouth pieces on this team. I believe Holmes we can finally cut this year without a cap hit. Bart Scott will be gone. And honestly I would offer Revis 12-13 mill a season long term deal and see if he signs. I think he would consider that coming off injury. If you are able to lock him up I would trade Cromartie while his value is as high as it will ever be.

Cromartie might get you a 2nd and a 4th rounder I mean Vontae Davis got a 2nd and a 5th or so. Cromartie is a good player but his season has been vastly overrated when you consider how many inexperienced crappy quaterbacks the Jets have played this year.

Keller I would only sign at a certain price which I think a team will value him more then the Jets do. Cumberland if he ever stays healthy is more then capable of filling that role.

I would look to bring back both safeties they have played extremely well.

Those are a few things I would like to see happen.
    The point of cutting Harris is essentially to get him off the books for 2014. I put him accidentally put him as a June 1st cut, didn't mean to do that, edited my post just now, Sanchez should be the only June 1st cut. The point of resigning Scott is that they need somebody to play the Ted and keep guys off of Davis, and Scott knows how to do that. In fact, he probably can do that much better than Harris.

I wouldn't argue with cutting Holmes as well, it would be nice to get him off the books for 2014. But I think that with Holmes, it's at least a borderline playoff team, and I think that if you can make a run at the playoffs, you should. Cro won't bring back that much, unlike Davis he makes 10.75 mill per year the next two years, a team could just as easily sign Brent Grimes or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, or you can get Aqib Talib or Pacman Jones for way under market value due to their off the field problems.
    Last edited by jetsfan28; 12-24-2012 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    1. Get rid of Tebow and Sanchez
    2. Bring in a good starting QB (Vick or Smith, or other)
    3. Replace Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and one of our older lineman (Devito, Pouha, Thomas), with younger better options if possible
    4. Hope Revis and Holmes come back 100% for the whole season
    5. Re-sign Braylon (Does he need a contract?)
    6. Get a good FB, too. I dont like Hilliard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    What makes people think Vollmer won't sign with the Pats? Bill loves him

vCash
    It includes signing LeVitre or Vollmer along with William Moore (or if he's cheap enough - resigning Landry). I believe Andre Smith is also a FA, and he might be interesting.

It also includes picking up a premium pass rushing prospect as well as another developmental pass rushing prospect.

Um...another OL man since signing both LeVitre and Vollmer would be a ***** (even one will).

Dump Scott and Thomas, keep Pace at a reduced cost (I get that people hate him, but in a reduced role I think he's fine and you're certainly not finding a bunch of starting caliber DE/OLBs to replace him with anyway).

Strongly consider trading Revis or Cromartie for extra picks and/or talent.

Draft Michael Williams from Alabama to be the second TE on the roster.

What else...I'll let them figured out the GM thing since this is what I want to happen whether they change GMs or not.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast