7 4.07%
  • Adrian Peterson

105 61.05%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    MVP = Most Valuable Player

Take Brady/Manning away from their respective teams and those teams don't win more than 3 games.

Take AP away from Minny they'll win 4-6.
    That made me laugh. When the Broncos won 8 games last year with Orton and Tebow. The Patriots, I'm not sure. But the Vikings winning 4-6? With what stellar performer? They have no receiver option, their quarterback is a game manager that doesn't always manage well and their coaching staff isn't half the staff of the Broncos or Pats.
    Is Hanie leading them to 3 wins? Didn't know that Percy Harvin was not a solid option also, their defense is pretty damn good and Ponder beat the 49ers not AP.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Good point was made in the media today:

Chris Johnson went off for 2000 rushing yards, 500+ receiving yards, 16 tds and pushed a pretty crap Tennessee team to 8-8 in 2009 YET HE DIDN'T EVEN RECEIVE ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE FOR MVP.

Not sure how you can give it to Peterson based on that.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Let me ask you this. If you make a list of the top 20 WRs in the league does any one of them make it? They has Orton last year and was so good they got Orton fired. I dont think the Broncos are any better this year than last. Tebow took them to the playoffs and even won one. The Broncos will have lose in the first round this year. No way they can beat Cincy or Indy.
    You went from a hardcore Brady hater, to thinking he's GOAT and Manning, your QB of your team, sucks, and Tebow was just as good?

I really don't get it. I think all you do is troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    You went from a hardcore Brady hater, to thinking he's GOAT and Manning, your QB of your team, sucks, and Tebow was just as good?

There's nothing to get. He's just a troll plain and simple. I wish he'd post how he really felt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Is Hanie leading them to 3 wins? Didn't know that Percy Harvin was not a solid option also, their defense is pretty damn good and Ponder beat the 49ers not AP.
    *Hanie is better than Tebow.
    *Percy Harvin has played in nine games this year.
    *Their leading receiver on the year has 37 catches.
    *Their defense is ranked 16th in total yards. That's pretty damn average.
    *Broncos defense is ranked 3rd in total yards. That's pretty damn awesome.
    *Their defense is ranked 11th in points allowed.
    *Broncos defense is ranked 5th in points allowed.
    *Ponder was 21 of 35 for 2 touchdowns and 1 rushing. If you think that Adrian Peterson didn't have an influence in that game, there's no arguing with you. The Niners stacked virtually everybody in the box to stop Peterson, which made it easier for Ponder. Thereby, Peterson is important and of value even when he's not gaining loads of yards.

So the only point you had that has merit is the point you made about Ponder having a good game against the Niners. In reality, Ponder had a good game because of the devotion the Niners gave to stopping Peterson.

Any more absurd suggestions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post

I still do hate Brady. But I have to admit he has gotten better with age. He is by far the second or third greatest QB I have ever seen play. (Montana, Staubach) I used to think him a system QB and he was. Manning was better. Then BB let him do his thing and he has only gotten better. I cant stand it I hate it but its true. Brady is the best QB in the game today. You can take that for what its worth I dont really care quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    There's nothing to get. He's just a troll plain and simple. I wish he'd post how he really felt
    Wrong. I do say what I feel in one way or the other. Look Manning is having a great year BUT is he on Brady's level really. Do you think he has what it takes to walk into Gillette Stadium and have a chance to win. ehhhh I would prolly put money on the Pats, where as if they play in Denver the Broncos will still have to play the perfect game to get past them.

I poke fun at some of the ignorant things said. People who say things like "the Broncos won a playoff game last year so Manning did not have to do much" Its like really? They got hot last year when Orton was benched then got crushed and backed their way into the playoffs and beat a broken giant. Everyone knows the Broncos were not a legitimate playoff contender last year. They are this year though.

Decker, Thomas, Moreno, Stokely these are the names people are trying to call superstars now. You read Manning took over a great team. There is only one star on that list and hell he had to learn how to run routes this year and was looked at as a possible BUST till this year in Thomas. Decker? Oh sure he might have made a play or 2 but this kid was not on a single persons fantasy boards and it was unsure if he would even be a starter in camp. Stokely? He was done. Retired never thought he would/could play in this league again. Moreno? Well he was a bust fell so far this year he found himself on the Scout team.

I mean come on its time we give Manning his due here. I wish you guys had access to some of the local media and here what people say who are outside but close to the team say about the impact Manning has had not only on the O but on the entire team and culture. He has come here and made this a team who believes in themselves. Manning has. Not Moreno or Stokely. To do what he has done after missing a year and not knowing if he would ever return. This time last year he was watching himself in a mirror to re learn his throwing motion because he had no feeling his his throwing arm. He not only had to rehab but he had to relearn how to throw a ball. I am sorry but that demands respect. I dont care who it is. To do that and to do it at 37 is jaw dropping amazing.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mago50 View Post
    Good point was made in the media today:

Chris Johnson went off for 2000 rushing yards, 500+ receiving yards, 16 tds and pushed a pretty crap Tennessee team to 8-8 in 2009 YET HE DIDN'T EVEN RECEIVE ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE FOR MVP.

Not sure how you can give it to Peterson based on that.
    This is what I don't get also.
    CJ was also the only offensive weapon on that Titans team.

I fear the people that are discarding the fact that Manning had to come back from four neck surgeries, move to a new team with a whole new personnel are taking Peterson's injury into account.

vCash
    I vote Peterson. I really hope they make the playoffs so that doesn't have to be in issue.

I do think he means more to his team than those three QBs (even though I acknowledge that QBs mean far more to their teams than RBs as a whole).

I think he's been far and away better than his peers at RB, where these QBs are relatively indistinguishable.

His season has been more "historic" than anything these QBs are doing. It's ho-hum for those guys...not for AP.

I know RBs really need to do a lot to win it, as evident by guys like CJ2K not winning it, but if we aren't ever going to consider running backs, it might be time to re-name some of these awards.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post

I really hope the vikings win so that PM doesn't win
    LOL, prepare to cry

vCash
    Ap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    AP should win it, but they will give it to Manning.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    This is what I don't get also.
    CJ was also the only offensive weapon on that Titans team.

I fear the people that are discarding the fact that Manning had to come back from four neck surgeries, move to a new team with a whole new personnel are taking Peterson's injury into account.
    I fear the same thing, except it goes both ways. The injury should not be accounted for because it has nothing to do with MVP. CPOY, yes. The injuries should be examined, but not for MVP.

And Manning moving to another team should have nothing to do with it, either. It's Most Valuable Player, not most impressive season. What Manning has done might be more impressive than what Peterson has done given the circumstances, but that should hold no merit in a discussion of which player is more valuable to his team.

As far as Chris Johnson, he should have won MVP. Peyton Manning wasn't even the best QB that year, either. Favre was playing on a new team in 2009. Favre was coming back from a torn biceps tendon. Favre had the same amount of touchdown passes, nine less interceptions, a quarterback rating 8 points higher than Mannings and only 300 yards less passing than Manning. Favre didn't get the benefit of those things in 2009, so Manning shouldn't get them this year, but he will because the AP voters are biased towards Manning.

It should be Favre who has the NFL record 4 MVP awards. At the very least, Manning and Favre should be tied and Chris Johnson should have one.

Peyton Manning is a fan favorite. He sells loads of jerseys. He has excellent regular season performances. However, he thrives on poor divisional competition, and his play goes down drastically in the post season. In reality, the only value Manning has is getting his team to the playoffs.

He is not the Most Valuable Player, but he will win the award and he will have plenty of time to shine it while watching the Super Bowl at home.

vCash
    Chris Johnson did not deserve the MVP for his 2009 season because he team didn't make the playoffs lol... I thought that was kind of obvious, you can't just give the award to losers. The same will happen to Adrian Peterson, if his team doesn't make the playoffs he won't win the award.

As far as the 2009 season goes, the Colts could have easily gone 16-0 that season. Peyton had the award wrapped up once the Colts had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and they benched Peyton for the 2nd half of the last 2 games and finished 14-2.

vCash
    i think peyton should win it but i hope he dosnt. i hope ap or brady win it.

WELCOME 2 KC!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    I fear the same thing, except it goes both ways. The injury should not be accounted for because it has nothing to do with MVP. CPOY, yes. The injuries should be examined, but not for MVP.

And Manning moving to another team should have nothing to do with it, either. It's Most Valuable Player, not most impressive season. What Manning has done might be more impressive than what Peterson has done given the circumstances, but that should hold no merit in a discussion of which player is more valuable to his team.

As far as Chris Johnson, he should have won MVP. Peyton Manning wasn't even the best QB that year, either. Favre was playing on a new team in 2009. Favre was coming back from a torn biceps tendon. Favre had the same amount of touchdown passes, nine less interceptions, a quarterback rating 8 points higher than Mannings and only 300 yards less passing than Manning. Favre didn't get the benefit of those things in 2009, so Manning shouldn't get them this year, but he will because the AP voters are biased towards Manning.

It should be Favre who has the NFL record 4 MVP awards. At the very least, Manning and Favre should be tied and Chris Johnson should have one.

Peyton Manning is a fan favorite. He sells loads of jerseys. He has excellent regular season performances. However, he thrives on poor divisional competition, and his play goes down drastically in the post season. In reality, the only value Manning has is getting his team to the playoffs.

He is not the Most Valuable Player, but he will win the award and he will have plenty of time to shine it while watching the Super Bowl at home.
    I should add, that wasn't me stating Peterson shouldn't win the award. I'm just looking for parity I guess.
    At this point, I don't care who wins. There are four guys deserving and aslong as one of those guys wins it, I won't give a **** who it is.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast