23 13.37%
  • Tom Brady

7 4.07%
  • Adrian Peterson

105 61.05%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    So much hate for Manning, misses a season has four surgeries, couldn't throw a ball twenty yards in March and completely has got better and Leading a completely new team to one of the best records in the league! I don't see how now it is not a 50-50 toss up with him and AP now. Honestly I think it comes down to the last week??
    Your a Broncos fan, of course you don't see.

Neck = CPOY
    Should have absolutely nothing to do with MVP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    So much hate for Manning, misses a season has four surgeries, couldn't throw a ball twenty yards in March and completely has got better and Leading a completely new team to one of the best records in the league! I don't see how now it is not a 50-50 toss up with him and AP now. Honestly I think it comes down to the last week??
    Game your missing the big picture. Manning has only won those games and put up those numbers because of the teammates he plays with. (Thomas, Decker, Stokley and Moreno) Those are the true stars on this team. Manning was only around for the ride.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

Neck = CPOY
    I personally dont even see that. Every player is a little banged up after a season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/sp...anted=all&_r=0

I was reading Brady was left pretty sore after last season. I dont hear anyone saying he should win a really meaningless CPOY. Lets be honest for a sec. Is there even value in that award? I have never heard anyone even want it before.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    1. Adrian Peterson: All Day!

2. Rodgers: (Does more with less than any of other QBs: WR and RB injuries all year and a TE that somehow cant produce?, Matthews and Woodson injured).

3. Manning/Brady: Do you expect less from these two...

4. Megatron, Von Miller, JJ Watt......why not?

vCash
    Contrary to popular belief Manning has and has always had a good supporting offensive cast, he's no dummy he chose Denver for a reason. Lost in some of the Manning hype, is not only does he have a good offense, the is also sporting third ranked defense in the league 5th in points allowed, and tied with the Texans for best third down percentage.

APs achievements are more impressive this season so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

Neck = CPOY
    He's a slave owner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa12645 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief Manning has and has always had a good supporting offensive cast, he's no dummy he chose Denver for a reason. Lost in some of the Manning hype, is not only does he have a good offense, the is also sporting third ranked defense in the league 5th in points allowed, and tied with the Texans for best third down percentage.

APs achievements are more impressive this season so far
    Lets see same D as last year. 20th. This D is built for the lead. Cannot come back from behind. The impact on the D is partly because of Manning and the O. The thing that is being over look is if you look at say the Pats. Look at how Brady has had to put that team on his back due to lack of offensive help. Look at Denver. Stokely, Moreno, Thomas, and Decker. Everyone of them a star. Has to be the most star studded talent any QB has played with in a long time.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Game your missing the big picture. Manning has only won those games and put up those numbers because of the teammates he plays with. (Thomas, Decker, Stokley and Moreno) Those are the true stars on this team. Manning was only around for the ride.
    Your kidding right? Peyton Manning has elevated the games of all these guys, it's not the other way around. They are good because of manning, not manning is good because of them. Sure Thomas is a stud and could have been with any other qb besides tebow or Orton, but decker was a solid receiver before manning turned him into a pro bowl caliber receiver. Moreno was the bust of all busts, and is playing good now because of a revamped passing game this year. Stokely is a old (idk his exact age) slot receiver. He would have little to no impact on another team IMO. He chose Denver because his familiarity with Peyton. You cannot tell me that Peyton Manning isn't the single most important player on that team. Sure they have a good defense, but I think the only elite aspect of their defense is the dline. Everything else is suspect to me. This is coming from unbiased point of view as I am a fan of none of these teams.

Regardless I would still give the award to AP, what he has done this year with no passing game, an defenses stacking 8-9 in the box has been unreal. However I think he will be overshadowed by the qbs and if your gonna give it to a qb, my vote goes to Peyton Manning.

vCash
    Lets see same D as last year. 20th. This D is built for the lead. Cannot come back from behind. The impact on the D is partly because of Manning and the O. .
    Same D last year, yes, Improved, YES. There is no way in heck that you can attribute Manning with 3rd down defense percentage, you just cant! That is the D palying solid. If Manning had an astronomical T.O.P. than you could attribute the 5th in scoring points allowed and 3rd in yardage allowed but he doesnt its something like 31 offense ans 29 defense.

The thing that is being over look is if you look at say the Pats. Look at how Brady has had to put that team on his back due to lack of offensive help. Look at Denver. Stokely, Moreno, Thomas, and Decker. Everyone of them a star. Has to be the most star studded talent any QB has played with in a long time.
    im not really sure what you are trying to say here, Are you trying to say that Manning makes the offense better? Absolutley he does. Were those receivers good before Manning? Yes they were but he does make them better, No doubt about it. Its not like they had a premier Qb throwing to them before this season.

vCash
    im not really sure what you are trying to say here, Are you trying to say that Manning makes the offense better? Absolutley he does. Were those receivers good before Manning? Yes they were but he does make them better, No doubt about it. Its not like they had a premier Qb throwing to them before this season.
    Let me ask you this. If you make a list of the top 20 WRs in the league does any one of them make it? They has Orton last year and was so good they got Orton fired. I dont think the Broncos are any better this year than last. Tebow took them to the playoffs and even won one. The Broncos will have lose in the first round this year. No way they can beat Cincy or Indy.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    That's a good question and the answer is no, not yet. Thomas and Decker, have shown flashes of being really good before Manning was a Bronco, Decker with Tblow throwing most of the year last year had over 600 yards and 8tds, Thomas had a foot injury for his rookie season and Tblow could barley get the ball to him last year because he so inaccurate throwing the ball but when he could (steelers playoffs game) he can make things happen.

Orton had a couple good seasons so did Matt Cassell both are or at least should be career back ups

Also its not unheard of, second and third year players having breakout seasons.
    Last edited by poppa12645; 12-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Now back to my question how does Manning help the defensive third down %? How does he help 5th in points allowed? How does he help in yardage allowed? When the T.O.P. Is so close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Does CJ get consideration if he eclipses 2,000 yards?
    I think he should... I hate how the MVP goes nowadays.

Peterson should be the MVP. It should go to the most Valuable.. Offensive Player of the year should start going to the "most popular" player, not the MVP

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Now back to my question how does Manning help the defensive third down %? How does he help 5th in points allowed? How does he help in yardage allowed? When the T.O.P. Is so close
    Tebow effect. They BELIEVE

vCash
    Eli

Get this guy the ball!!!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast