23 13.37%
  • Tom Brady

7 4.07%
  • Adrian Peterson

105 61.05%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Please, enlighten me. What's your arguments for Brady that is clearly better than Manning? The Ryan comment is too foolish, I don't feel I need to respond. The divisions? The schedules? Both divisions were piss poor and there was a 2-3 vs 3-3 record against teams above .500. It's like a blind man trying to tell another blind man he can see better. Injuries? Contrary to NE fans' beliefs, every team deals with them. Manning lost 2/5ths of his starting line and starting RB for a good portion of the year, but you don't see Bronco fans quick to play the victim card.

More passing TDs, better completion percentage, better total qbr and regular passer rating (not by a slim margin either) and better pass per average. This is all with a new team. Brady has less picks and 1 more total TDs, which is impressive and 168 more passing yards with 54 more attempts, which is not impressive.

And also, explain how "Brady and Rodgers simply didn't have a "story" this year; they just went out and did what the always do." but Manning hasn't done what he's always done? I swear it's the same people that were butthurt about what happened years ago that sway their opinions years in the future.
    The thing is like he stated Manning/rodgers/Brady have all been about the same this year.... Yet because of the name and the story the only one being talked about for MVP from week 8 on has been PManning. He doesnt deserve it...Hell the only one that does is AP yet Manning will win and by a ton.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The thing is like he stated Manning/rodgers/Brady have all been about the same this year.... Yet because of the name and the story the only one being talked about for MVP from week 8 on has been PManning. He doesnt deserve it...Hell the only one that does is AP yet Manning will win and by a ton.
    Yep and peterson also is coming off a terrible injury too. Imo sure a neck injure is serious but a RB with a bum knee is useless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    Re-read his post? He never said anything other than the truth, Mannings season was no better than Bradys or Rodgers.
    I think Rodgers would have a valid argument. But yeah, I'd say Manning had a better season than Brady or Ryan. I'll admit I took his comment as Manning didn't have a better season than all 3 as he appeared to be attempting to give Manning very little credit. If it was merely meant that all 4 were great, my mistake.

Manning hasn't got his team as far as they went last year yet and is probably going to win the award because he made a comeback.
    No playoff team last year has gotten their team as far as they went last year, I see no relevance to this whatsoever. Although the Broncos clinched home field advantage and at worst will be exactly where they were last year.... As far as comeback player, that should probably go to Peterson too. If you're good enough to win MVP and you're in the running for Comeback Player of the Year, you damn should win it.

Peterson SHOULD win the award because he had a season that was top 10 all time by a RB and CARRIED his team to the playoffs. Relax theres probably no more room up Peytons *** for you anyway.
    I've been saying Peterson should win MVP in this thread before you decided to chime in, so perhaps you shouldn't assume.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 01-02-2013 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    I think Rodgers would have a valid argument. But yeah, I'd say Manning had a better season than Brady or Ryan. I'll admit I took his comment as Manning didn't have a better season than all 3 and if it was merely meant that all 3 were great, my mistake.

No playoff team last year has gotten their team as far as they went last year, I see no relevance to this whatsoever. Although the Broncos clinched home field advantage and at worst will be exactly where they were last year.... As far as comeback player, that should probably go to Peterson too. If you're good enough to win MVP and you're in the running for Comeback Player of the Year, you damn should win it.

I've been saying Peterson should win MVP in this thread before you decided to chime in, so perhaps you should shut your ****ing mouth.
    Peterson missed 1 game last year, hes not going to win comeback player of the year.......get smarter
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Yep and peterson also is coming off a terrible injury too. Imo sure a neck injure is serious but a RB with a bum knee is useless.
    I'm in no disagreement here, I think AP should win both awards.

vCash
    Peterson missed 1 game last year, hes not going to win comeback player of the year.......get smarter
    The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance
    What part of that criteria eliminates Peterson? You don't even have to have missed a game to win the award. So unless you know what the hell you're talking about, keep that little lobster mouth of yours quiet.

vCash
    Mike Santo's final mvp watch

Peyton Manning's 11-week run atop the MVP Watch list wasn't going to end after the Denver Broncos quarterback closed the season with 304 yards and three touchdowns during a 38-3 victory.

Manning completed 79.3 percent of his passes while finishing with his highest single-game Total QBR score (98.7) in the five-year history of the quarterbacking metric.

And if recent history holds, Manning will emerge as a five-time MVP when the Associated Press reveals the winner one day before the Super Bowl. The four previous season leaders in Total QBR became MVPs, including Manning twice.

Ballots are due Thursday. I am not among the voters.

Manning stands as a clear MVP choice, in my view, based on how his play has affected the Broncos' chances for winning.

Quarterbacks are more important to game outcomes than players at other positions. Passing trumps running in the NFL. What stands as a horrible game for a QB -- say, 110 yards on 20 attempts -- would qualify as a top-flight effort for a runner.

Minnesota's Adrian Peterson would get my vote as the top offensive player or as the most impressive player after topping 2,000 yards rushing for a playoff team. No player in the NFL was more compelling to watch this season, at least from this angle.

But there is a reason QBs keep winning the award. They're more valuable.

Playing the NFL's fourth-easiest schedule certainly helped Manning this season. That might have come into play if the Broncos struggled to pull out victories this season. Instead, they won each of their final 11 games by at least seven points. They earned a first-round playoff bye, meaning they've already gotten as far in the playoffs as the 8-8 Broncos advanced last season.

1.) Peyton Manning

Manning finished his first season in Denver with the second-highest single-season QBR score (84.1) in the five-year history of the metric. Aaron Rodgers was at 86.2 for the 2011 season. Manning now owns three of the five best seasons on record, even though he did not play in 2011. Denver made a five-game improvement in the standings, winning each of its final 11 games by at least seven points apiece. The Broncos' scoring improved from 309 to 481 points.
    2.) Tom Brady

Brady finished second to Manning in QBR this season at 77.1, his best single-season score since missing 2008 with a knee injury. He threw 20 touchdown passes without an interception when opponents rushed him with five or more defenders. The Patriots led the NFL in points per game (34.8), point margin per game (plus-14.1), red zone efficiency (70 percent), third-down conversion rate (48.7) and interception rate (1.4). Brady made it all possible.
    3.) Adrian Peterson

Peterson is the fifth player in NFL history to reach 2,000 yards rushing and qualify for the postseason. Jamal Lewis (2003), Barry Sanders (1997) and Eric Dickerson (1984) were one-and-done for the playoffs. Terrell Davis (1998) advanced to the Super Bowl and won it with Denver. Peterson had 409 yards rushing against first-round opponent Green Bay this season. He would need 249 in the wild-card round to break Dickerson's record for rushing yards in a playoff game. Peterson finished the 2012 season with 1,019 yards after contact. No one else had more than 683 (Doug Martin).
    4.) Aaron Rodgers
    5.) Matt Ryan
    6.) Russell Wilson
    7.) J.J. Watt
    8.) Robert Griffin III
    9.) Andrew Luck
    10.) Von Miller

I don't really understand the argument for Manning over Brady, or even Rodgers. The Patriots offense was by far the #1 offense in the NFL, and the Patriots played a much tougher schedule with a much weaker defense and ended up with only 1 more loss than the Broncos (and they beat the Broncos too). Brady threw a lot more than Manning, and ended up with less turnovers. Brady had the league lowest 1.3 INT% this season; Manning was 1.9%.

And I still think AP is MVP.
    Last edited by xnick5757; 01-02-2013 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    IDK who Mike Santo is, but he's a moron.

vCash
    ****ing QBR is so ugh....Whatever. Clutch

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    MVP Winners Since 2008

Season | Total QBR Leader | MVP

2012 | Peyton Manning | ?
    2011 | Aaron Rodgers | Yes
    2010 | Tom Brady | Yes
    2009 | Peyton Manning | Yes
    2008 | Peyton Manning | Yes

like it or not, the past four years, the QBR leader has won the MVP award

vCash
    What part of that criteria eliminates Peterson? You don't even have to have missed a game to win the award. So unless you know what the hell you're talking about, keep that little lobster mouth of yours quiet.
    OHHHHHH I see, maybe Brady will win the CPOTY Award. after all he suffered from a shoulder injury last year.........MpOvRkOhN
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    OHHHHHH I see, maybe Brady will win the CPOTY Award. after all he suffered from a shoulder injury last year.........
    Maybe. Seeing as tearing one's ACL and MCL is more severe than a shoulder injury, I don't think it looks good.

But hey, don't get butt hurt cause your big mouth got your foot shoved in it because you don't know the criteria of the award. If you don't think AP is very much in play for the award, you're clearly not paying attention.

The last part was cute. I hope you're like 12-16 range though cause your maturity and IQ is around that range.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 01-02-2013 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    The Clutch Weight isn't exactly what it sounds like. It actually doesn't value a performance late in a game versus soft prevent defense, even if it is leading to a comeback.

I am still not sure that the Clutch Weight is helpful, considering that it is an attempt to bridge the gap between EPA and WPA, yet it actually causes TQBR to correlate to wins worse than EPA does on its own.

However, like it or not, TQBR is here to stay. It is no longer an ESPN stat made for TV. It is beginning to be respected in statistical communities and is now included as a main statistic for QBs on both PFR and FO. It's here to stay.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718