• Aaron Rodgers

23 13.37%
  • Tom Brady

7 4.07%
  • Adrian Peterson

105 61.05%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    vCash
    AD for MVP and it's no one is even 9 yards close.. sorry I wanted to say that all day

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    AP and it shouldn't be close. But if it was close, Peyton would be a close second.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    AP

Rodgers

PManning/Brady
    This.

vCash
    I'd say JJ Watt is 3rd behind Peyton.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    AP and it shouldn't be close. But if it was close, Peyton would be a close second.
    Explain how Manning is a close second

vCash
    My two cents:

NOTE: Injuries are IRRELEVANT to the MVP discussion

Manning: should've even be in the discussion, given that he was just the missing piece to an already very solid team that drug Tim Tebow into the playoffs last season. Yes, they're a better team, but when Peyton has a top 5 defense, PLUS a potential DPOY candidate on that defense in Von Miller, how can you argue that he's the most valuable player in the league?

Peterson: As much as we all want to see a non-QB win MVP, if Peterson gets it, I'll be shocked. When CJ2K had his 2K season, he ended up with more total yards AND more total TDs, yet didn't get a single vote for MVP; if AP does, I think there is a bias (my opinion, but AP is the "golden boy" of HBs right now). AP has a solid run-blocking OL and his defense isn't the worst. I think given his low number of TDs, he shouldn't get the award.

Brady: Stats-wise he's pretty neck-and-neck with Peyton (though that's not what this award is about), and he doesn't have the team that Peyton does. Brady has pretty much no defense worth mention, both of his TE's (his best receivers) have been injured for large portions of the season and he still doesn't have a legit deep-threat WR. He does, have an awesome OL though. I'd say Brady is more deserving than Manning, but still doesn't get my vote.

Rodgers: IMO, Rodgers is the clear-cut winner here. He's dealt with injuries to nearly every WR he has, he still has pretty much no OL, and his defense is still overrated and, at best, mediocre. He's statistically the best QB as well between him, Brady, and Peyton. I really see no way he doesn't at least win co-MVP.

vCash
    AP

Manning

Watt

Rodgers

Megatron

vCash
    AP willed the Vikings to the playoffs Johnson did not that season

vCash
    ya, there should be NO debate.... some games peterson singlehandldy won us games this season and even during ponders abysmal stretch (he showed improvement/ confidence the last 2-3 games) he was keeping us in games

The mannings, bradys and rodgers of the league had great years and will continue to rack up MVPS but this season AP put his team on his back and carried them to the postseason all while being the ONLY offensive player teams gameplanned for and loaded boxes to unsuccessfully defend against

IMO its a landslide if manning wins it it really just proves how big of the joke QB bias is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
    ya, there should be NO debate.... some games peterson singlehandldy won us games this season and even during ponders abysmal stretch (he showed improvement/ confidence the last 2-3 games) he was keeping us in games

The mannings, bradys and rodgers of the league had great years and will continue to rack up MVPS but this season AP put his team on his back and carried them to the postseason all while being the ONLY offensive player teams gameplanned for and loaded boxes to unsuccessfully defend against

IMO its a landslide if manning wins it it really just proves how big of the joke QB bias is
    No offense, but that same argument can be made for Rodgers (and to a degree, Brady). Rodgers has no run-game worth mentioning. No DC getting ready to play GB says, "We need to shut down the run," they focus on trying to stop Rodgers. You can't focus on one receiver, because Rodgers is so good at spreading the ball. He put the team on his back just as much as AP, and does it nearly every year.

I do agree about Manning. He's already been given two MVPs he didn't deserve, one more and I won't even take the award seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    My two cents:

Manning: should've even be in the discussion, given that he was just the missing piece to an already very solid team that drug Tim Tebow into the playoffs last season. Yes, they're a better team, but when Peyton has a top 5 defense, PLUS a potential DPOY candidate on that defense in Von Miller, how can you argue that he's the most valuable player in the league?

Peterson: As much as we all want to see a non-QB win MVP, if Peterson gets it, I'll be shocked. When CJ2K had his 2K season, he ended up with more total yards AND more total TDs, yet didn't get a single vote for MVP; if AP does, I think there is a bias (my opinion, but AP is the "golden boy" of HBs right now). AP has a solid run-blocking OL and his defense isn't the worst. I think given his low number of TDs, he shouldn't get the award.

Brady: Stats-wise he's pretty neck-and-neck with Peyton (though that's not what this award is about), and he doesn't have the team that Peyton does. Brady has pretty much no defense worth mention, both of his TE's (his best receivers) have been injured for large portions of the season and he still doesn't have a legit deep-threat WR. He does, have an awesome OL though. I'd say Brady is more deserving than Manning, but still doesn't get my vote.

Rodgers: IMO, Rodgers is the clear-cut winner here. He's dealt with injuries to nearly every WR he has, he still has pretty much no OL, and his defense is still overrated and, at best, mediocre. He's statistically the best QB as well between him, Brady, and Peyton. I really see no way he doesn't at least win co-MVP.
    I am so glad you said what you said about injuries. no player should be given any special treatment for an injury in any way when it comes to mvp consideration. Injuries are a part of the game. All the players know this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    AP willed the Vikings to the playoffs Johnson did not that season
    you are correct but was his season which is one of the best ever by a rb worthy of some mvp votes?

vCash

I am not going to argue MVP or not MVP quite frankly I could care less who wins it. I do want to address this part. The Broncos had the 20th ranked D last year. How is that solid and how does that drag anybody anywhere. The Broncos had the number one rushing team in the NFL. Guess who was a large part of that rushing attack. The Broncos were 1-4 when Tebow took over. The Broncos season turned around in the middle of the Chargers game last year. In the very middle of it. Not the beginning or after but smack dab in the middle. Tell me Mr. Drug Tebow to the playoffs. Can you tell me what happened in the middle of that game to turn things around?

You guys crack me up. Refusing to see or agree that a team with Kyle Orton leading them a guy who had not a single leadership bone in his body. A guy who would drop the snap, fumble the ball, throw a INT, or once threw the ball away to avoid a sack on fourth down at the end of a game down by three with less than a minute, a guy who would pout, a guy who the team knew if close in the third the game was loss could rally around a kid like Tebow.

Yes the D is better this year. The D is built to play with a lead. It is built for a high scoring O that allows the D to tee off of the QB. If you cant understand how a O can help a D improve then all I can say is keep watching football and one day you will understand the game a little better.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Peterson
    Arod
    Brady
    Ryan
    Manning

vCash
    My two cents:

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast