• Aaron Rodgers

23 13.37%
  • Tom Brady

7 4.07%
  • Adrian Peterson

105 61.05%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Does CJ get consideration if he eclipses 2,000 yards?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Does CJ get consideration if he eclipses 2,000 yards?
    If the Lions were a playoff team or even in contention absolutely. With that being said I don't think its possible for him to based off how bad the lions have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lol. Yeah.

He's brash and arrogant. He's a great interview and will say about anything so I don't know what they want. I guess he's not afraid of taking shots at media types when he thinks they're dead wrong. They probably don't love that.
    Yeah, but I like that about him. He even takes "shots" against McCarthy when he called last weeks failed punt fake " a stupid play" or something like that. lol

and I agree with most. Peterson should win it. Second could be Rodgers or Im just a homer

vCash
    with no harvin and despite christian ponder being the qb, peterson still has the vikings at almost 10 wins. thats impressive, u HAVE to give it to him

vCash
    Manning will win it unfortunately. He will get votes for reasons only related to CPOY, and after the horrific MVP decision of 2009, I realized that all he has to do is be in the conversation, and the fools will vote for him. That said, it should be AP.

vCash
    So much hate for Manning, misses a season has four surgeries, couldn't throw a ball twenty yards in March and completely has got better and Leading a completely new team to one of the best records in the league! I don't see how now it is not a 50-50 toss up with him and AP now. Honestly I think it comes down to the last week??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    So much hate for Manning, misses a season has four surgeries, couldn't throw a ball twenty yards in March and completely has got better and Leading a completely new team to one of the best records in the league! I don't see how now it is not a 50-50 toss up with him and AP now. Honestly I think it comes down to the last week??
    Reconstructive knee surgery.

I don't need to hear about his four surgeries.
    Or how many fetuses went into the stem cells they injected into his spine in Germany.
    I am far more impressed with what AP has done.
    Save the surgery talk for CPOY

vCash
    cool story bro. AP had a torn ACL and reconstructive knee surgery.

All that means is Manning could get Come Back Player of the Year, not MVP. His team has had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, he doesn't hold up the best numbers nor does his team suck without him when they freaking Tebow leading at QB and still made the playoffs. Manning has made them better but not that much. They will end up being first or 2nd round knockouts just like most of Manning's career.

AP on the other hand is the only bright light to the Vikings. Without him, the Vikings are complete and utter ****. Without him, they are either the winless Lions or a 1-15 team easily. Their QB is awful, their defense as a whole is average, and there other only good player Percy has been injured. Every other team knows they rely heavily on AP, yet they still can't stop him.

vCash
    Adrian "all day" peterson

titties

vCash
    First, Adrian Peterson is the MVP and there shouldn't be a debate. Take Peterson off that team and they have maybe 5 wins. Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs on a worse team last year. Tom Brady has had a QB come in and nearly take the Pats to the playoffs. You could say that the Packers would be competetive if they had a different backup QB.

Unfortunately, since it is a QB award... Those numbers aren't as fair as you make them out to be. You can't just put up their stats without going a little further.

Aaron Rodgers - 46 sacks, most in the NFL.
    Tom Brady - 26 sacks.
    Peyton Manning - 21 sacks.

Clearly, Manning and Brady have better lines.

Brady - 27th ranked defense. }
    Rodgers - 10th ranked defense. }--Total yardage.
    Manning - 3rd ranked defense }

Brady - 17th ranked defense }
    Rodgers - 7th ranked defense. }--Total points.
    Manning - 5th ranked defense }

Rodgers - 20th ranked rush offense }
    Manning - 18th ranked rush offense }--Total yards.
    Brady - 18th ranked rush offense }

Rodgers - 24th ranked rush touchdowns }
    Manning - 17th ranked rush touchdowns }--Total rushing touchdowns.
    Brady - 1st ranked rush touchdowns }

Brady has 2 more rushing touchdowns than Rodgers, so take away those two touchdowns from the Patriots rushing offense and the Patriots still had nine more rushing touchdowns than the Packers.

Rodgers has the disadvantage on three of those five categories you didn't mention. Brady had the disadvantage twice, and Manning had the advantage on all of them except for two, which he was right in the middle of.

Based on looking into it further than just statistics, Rodgers is more important to his team than the other two lead QB candidates, Tom Brady is second and Peyton Manning is third. But, instead of being content to give Manning the Comeback Player of the Year Award, the AP voters will disregard the blatantly obvious choice of Adrian Peterson, then they will pass over the better quarterbacks, and they will hand the award willingly to Peyton Manning, who will have a horrible playoff game while Brady and Rodgers both go to the Championship game at least, and will quite possibly meet each other in the Super Bowl, leaving Peyton Manning to clutch his once again undeserved MVP award while he slowly starts to realize that he can have all the regular season accomplishments in the world, but his younger brother will still be a better playoff player.

vCash
    Like I said so much hate for Manning, who if you wanted to win a Super Bowl THIS year would you rather start with??

Ok so The Vikings are in the playoffs name you top 5 in order players you want on your team, where is AP??
    Last edited by Game_Over; 12-24-2012 at 05:07 AM.

vCash
    Like I said so much hate for Manning, who if you wanted to win a Super Bowl THIS year would you rather start with??
    The question, Game_Over, is NOT "Who had a worse injury."

Nor is the question, "Who has a better chance of leading his team to the Super Bowl?"

The MVP award is for Most Valuable Player.

During the regular season. It is a regular season award. Super Bowl chances are inconsequential to the argument. Do not bring up Super Bowl again in this discussion because it has no bearing whatsoever.

Do not bring up injuries again in this discussion because it has no bearing whatsoever, unless you are talking about injuries to teammates.

For example, Aaron Rodgers had to deal with losing more starters to injury than any of the candidates for MVP, and Peterson lost a main receiving option that forced players to play less to stop him.

Peyton Manning is on a better team than any of the other candidates with the exception of maybe the Patriots. The Packers have been without two projected tackle starters on the offensive line. They have lost not one, not two, but three of their middle linebacker starters. They have lost their first round pick. They have lost their starting RB. They have been without their starting receivers for many games with injuries to Jennings and Nelson. They have been without their best pass rusher for four games, and the leader of their secondary for six. They have allowed more sacks than any other quarterback has had to face except for Rivers, and look how he is doing. Peyton Manning, conversely, has the best pass protection in the NFL. Also, Tim Tebow, with a completion percentage of 46, won 7 out of eleven games and brought the team to the playoffs only a year ago. Manning has the better rushing offense, the better defense, and he is in an easier division.

The Packers are in a division with a combative Lions team and two nine win teams. The Broncos are in a division with two teams picking in the top ten (one already having clinched the number one overall pick) and a team that has been eliminated from playoff contention for two weeks now.

Taking all of this into consideration, Aaron Rodgers is more valuable to his team's success than is Peyton Manning. Another quarterback could not lead his team to wins as easily as another quarterback for the Broncos could.

And all of that is a series of moot points because neither one is more valuable to his team than is Adrian Peterson, who is running like a mad man without a single wide receiver threat to take pressure off of the running game, not to mention a QB who does not intimidate anybody.

Therefore, it is not hate for Peyton Manning. Clearly, he is an all-pro quarterback. Instead, it is hate for the consideration of Manning as MVP when it is clear to the vast majority of NFL fans outside of Denver that he is not even the most valuable quarterback, much less the most valuable player. If Manning was still a Colt, you would be able to see reason. Either the altitude or the homerism is clouding your judgement in Denver (and speaking of that, I was up in Estes Park, which is in Colorado, for two months, and now I know why people say the altitude has an effect. I was winded after walking for five minutes up there). That little aside about the altitude in Estes Park, Colorado is as inconsequential to this argument as past injuries as well as Super Bowl chances.

Ok so The Vikings are in the playoffs name you top 5 in order players you want on your team, where is AP??
    I see you edited your quote. Let me edit mine. Still inconsequential to the argument. Picking 5 players in order that I want to play on my team is for fantasy drafts and fantasies. The MVP award is a matter of discussion for reality.
    Last edited by Tongue-Splitter; 12-24-2012 at 05:13 AM.

vCash
    LMAO so because you went snowboarding and the altitude affected you in the mountains and your looking at Fantasy Football Manning Should lose cool story bro!!

vCash
    It's definitely Trindon Holiday.

vCash
    And here's why Trindon Holiday is the MVP: http://i.imgur.com/dO5pb.png

The dude just doesn't lose.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast