Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    This Braves forum has been really active lately
    it's good, I like to see it buzzing.

vCash
    I would like for us to get a proven bat in lf, or solidify our sp...

vCash
    ^ Solidify SP? I think Medlen, Hudson, Maholm, Minor, JT/Delgado and Beachy returning mid-season would make fans of most teams happy.

And while every ATL would prefer an everyday, solid LF it isn't like they are falling off trees. Wren has certainly done his due dilligence on the trade front and the FA front is just too expensive. I think ATL can compete at a high level with their current rotation and LF situation.

Bourn was a 6 WAR player. He is replaced with Upton, who was a 2.6 WAR last year.
    Chipper was a 2.7 WAR last year. The Platoon projects around 3 WAR.
    The pen is better. A full year of Simmons at SS. Improvement by either Mac or Uggs or by any young player (Freeman or Heyward) and this team should be every bit as good as last year.

vCash
    Every year wren intriduces a new young talent, why would this year be any different? If gattis keeps hitting through spring training left will be his and Francisco at third with prado all over the field! Not unless wren can move uggs and put prado where he belongs!

vCash
    I am anxious to see how Gattis turns out in Spring Training...

vCash
    Ive seen a few ab's from this winter looks like he has a good eye for the strike zone and has patience to get his pitch. Just hope we can say the same for francisco!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shane haney View Post
    Ive seen a few ab's from this winter looks like he has a good eye for the strike zone and has patience to get his pitch. Just hope we can say the same for francisco!
    Can you post videos of these at bats. So far I have only been able to see one HR at bat. I would like to see more at bats from him.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    This Braves forum has been really active lately
    yea, it's awesome. Although, I do wonder where this is during game time. Meh. Always more interesting when it's active.

vCash
    New to the site, havnt gotten into posting vids yet. Ive been watching ab's from Venezuelan winter league from youtube, it looks like their trying to go hard and in on the ab's and hes laying off and hes murdering mistakes in the zone!

vCash
    New to the site, havnt gotten into posting vids yet. Ive been watching ab's from Venezuelan winter league from youtube, it looks like their trying to go hard and in on the ab's and hes laying off and hes murdering mistakes in the zone!
    yea there are a couple of his at-bats on youtube in the winter league. I'm trying to find a recent one though, the ones that I found are about a month old.

He looks good. Short compact swing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    ^ Solidify SP? I think Medlen, Hudson, Maholm, Minor, JT/Delgado and Beachy returning mid-season would make fans of most teams happy.

And while every ATL would prefer an everyday, solid LF it isn't like they are falling off trees. Wren has certainly done his due dilligence on the trade front and the FA front is just too expensive. I think ATL can compete at a high level with their current rotation and LF situation.

Bourn was a 6 WAR player. He is replaced with Upton, who was a 2.6 WAR last year.
    Chipper was a 2.7 WAR last year. The Platoon projects around 3 WAR.
    The pen is better. A full year of Simmons at SS. Improvement by either Mac or Uggs or by any young player (Freeman or Heyward) and this team should be every bit as good as last year.

I agree with this rotation - hanson and a full year of meds it will be as competive as any in the league. I do believe wren needs to look into bonafacio but not exclusively in left but more of a backup or platoon. Because you know theres gonna be some guys banged up during the season i believe he would be a solid pickup for not a high prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    yea there are a couple of his at-bats on youtube in the winter league. I'm trying to find a recent one though, the ones that I found are about a month old.

He looks good. Short compact swing.
    Been trying to find some atbats were he makes an attempt to go to the opposite field? He may just be a pull hitter but that will be were a major league pitcher exposes him? Kinda worries me a little but all young hitters go through it he will have to adjust.

vCash
    Been trying to find some atbats were he makes an attempt to go to the opposite field? He may just be a pull hitter but that will be were a major league pitcher exposes him? Kinda worries me a little but all young hitters go through it he will have to adjust.
    Go to 3:20 on the clip. He takes a fastball on the outer half of the plate to right center field on a beautiful short compact swing.

If he can hit the outside pitch, then LF is his!! I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPiInQlN0L8
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    This is my guess IF we dont sign/trade for a LF, which I hope we do. I think we could start out with the platoon, and give Gattis a month in AAA, like they did with simmons in AA. Then Prado becomes the primary 3B, and Gattis starts LF. The time spent in AAA is for his defense in LF, and for him to get his feet wet above AA. Although the winter league is the same as AAA, more or less, i could see this happening if we dont get someone else. Just pondering.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Also, is anyone on here on Twitter as well?
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast