Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    If Gio is suspended fro PED's, I wonder what the effect will be on the NL east? Would the talking head then predict the Braves as the Div leaders?
    still the team to beat but sure does help a lot if Gio suspended...
    Last edited by HowFit; 01-31-2013 at 06:35 AM.

vCash
    Glad to hear the update on Beachy's progress... I really felt like his injury was a huge(and somewhat underrated) blow to Atlanta's chances at a Division title last year. When he's healthy, the rotation is SO much deeper: Medlen, Beachy, Hudson, Minor, Maholm... I would feel great going into a 5 game Division Series, with Medlen, Beachy, and Hudson or Minor. The Braves would be a tough early out when 4 of the 5 games in that first round would be started by Meds and Beachy. I know that's looking too far ahead, but it's fun to think about the possibility!
    Don't Stop the Chop!!!

http://bravesbanter.com

At BravesBanter.com NOW!!--Does Terry McGuirk comments signal David PRICE coming to Atlanta?? Chipper,Andruw,Sheffield vs Upton,Upton,Heyward --Who Wins??/2013 Season Projections for Many of the Braves Starting 8/ Grading GM Frank Wren/ Latest Rumors & Commentary/ Tips for Turner--What every fan SHOULD know when planning a trip to Turner Field!!

1991-2005 Greatest Run of Division Dominance in Professional Sports History

vCash
    Medlen pretty much replaced Beachy, so there wasn't a drop off in production. We can't assume Medlen would have cracked the rotation had the injury not occurred.

vCash
    “I’m very sure that [McCann] is going to have an unbelievable season this year,” said Perez, who was a backup catcher for most of 11 seasons in the majors, and a guy who was still behind the plate at age 37 in 2005.

“He’s going to come back. You look at the numbers from last year,” Perez said of McCann, who hit .230 with 20 homers, 67 RBIs, a .300 OBP and .399 slugging percentage. “They were bad for him, but not for most catchers. People said, ‘He had a bad year.’ Well, considering he had a bad shoulder, and he played through it…”

“I think this year he’s going to be healthy,” said Perez, who talked to McCann at Turner Field recently. “I saw him last week and he looks really good. He’s going to put up some numbers. And I’m not going to be surprised. I’m sure he’s going to have an unbelievable season.”

“He’s the best hitting catcher, and I’ll keep saying that to anybody,” Perez said. “And he’s not a bad [defensive] catcher. He’s getting better and better, and last year he had his best year throwing. People don’t realize that. I have to know because that’s what we do every day during spring training. He threw better than ever, and did it with a hurt shoulder.”
    AJC

vCash

vCash
    Sure would be great!

vCash
    Chase Headley said he's not "on the same page" with the Padres regarding a contract extension and there are currently no plans to re-engage in talks.

Headley wants to remain in San Diego "all things being equal," but extension talks didn't go well when they were first broached earlier this winter, and it doesn't sound like the two sides will be talking again anytime soon. "We talked about a long-term contract briefly at the start of these negotiations," said Headley. "It was a quick discussion. We weren’t on the same page right from the start. This close to free agency, it has to be a good deal for us. You can’t sacrifice what’s fair." Headley, who is slated for free agency after the 2014 season, avoided arbitration with the Padres by agreeing to an $8.575 million deal on Wednesday.
    rotoworld

Still a long shot, but something to monitor going forward.

vCash
    I wonder what it would take to get him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I wonder what it would take to get him?
    I think he'll ask for a lot. Who wouldn't?

vCash
    I mean if we trade for him this season.

vCash
    I don't think we have the prospects to get him, Teheran is now untochable because he is the only starter in the minors that can start the season in the MLB and succeed.

vCash
    Oh, my bad. If neither Johnson or Fransico doesn't pan out at third who knows? Can't imagine putting him in with our current lineup...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Rather face them with their best shots that way they have nothing to fall back on.
    Not if he is getting an unfair advantage. My god just looks how he's improved over the last two years and they aren't the same team if he isn't on PED's.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Oh, my bad. If neither Johnson or Fransico doesn't pan out at third who knows? Can't imagine putting him in with our current lineup...
    That'd seem unfair haha

vCash
    Didn't realize this until just now, but Headley will be 30 years old when he hits free agency.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast