Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As long as we end up resigning Prado...if we end up losing him...well we'll attack that when/if it comes.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 01-19-2013 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    I would be furious if we lost Prado because we weren't willing to pony up and pay the man. I don't see any way of that happening though.

vCash
    With more money to be spent, and the biggest 2 needs at 3B and OF, I can't imagine any outcome where we don't reach arbitration with Prado. Honestly I'm disappointed we didn't reach any agreement before hand, Prado has done everything that has been asked of him and more. His is one of the least selfish players on the team and I hope were treating him right.

vCash
    Now that Jacoby Ellsbury has signed a 1 year, $9mil deal with Boston, is there any way the Braves would consider a deal if they could negotiate an extension? Somewhat injury prone & a Bor-*** client, but would be well suited for left field and batting leadoff. I haven't looked to see what Boston is needing lately, but I'm guessing 1st with Youkalis gone...Mejia/Terdo could start the deal & begin working upwards to the serious parts like Ahmed/Pastornicky and the pitchers everybody needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    I hope you're only referring to the US, because if you have ever looked outside of your cave, you would realize how big soccer is the rest of the world. The English Premier for example continually generates interest around the world and has higher ratings than any professional sports league in the US.
    Meant in the US. I apologize for not making it obvious enough. Living in a cave has taught me to be subtle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmac View Post
    Now that Jacoby Ellsbury has signed a 1 year, $9mil deal with Boston, is there any way the Braves would consider a deal if they could negotiate an extension? Somewhat injury prone & a Bor-*** client, but would be well suited for left field and batting leadoff. I haven't looked to see what Boston is needing lately, but I'm guessing 1st with Youkalis gone...Mejia/Terdo could start the deal & begin working upwards to the serious parts like Ahmed/Pastornicky and the pitchers everybody needs.
    I'm not sure how much or if we would give up anything for another Boras client especially one that will walk in 1 year.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Meant in the US. I apologize for not making it obvious enough. Living in a cave has taught me to be subtle.
    I apologize for my failed attempt at humor. I was obviously joking.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    I apologize for my failed attempt at humor. I was obviously joking.
    I know that there are a ton of half Braves fans and half Red Sox out there...because every person in the world is a Red Sox fan now....but we are not trading for Ellsbury and I am tired of that angle coming up. Elsbury is a Boras client (we have rid ourselves of all Boras clients for a reason), he is a pending free agent, he is making $9 million per yr in arb...so you can expect Boras to want $15 per yr in a contract. He is injury prone and put one season together....he would be the worst investment we could make.

To another quote on Prado...the quote was talking about a long term contract after this yr...through arbitration we will automatically resign him this yr...it is just whether or not he wins the case or the Braves do.

vCash
    There's nothing to suggest Prado will take a discount

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Much like the Texas Rangers, the Atlanta Braves have yet to close the door on acquiring Michael Bourn or Justin Upton, but are not close on anything resembling a deal for either, reports Dan O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

It is likely that Boras and Bourn would exhaust all of their other options before settling on a deal to bring the speedy center fielder back to Atlanta because the Braves hold the leverage of not having to give up draft pick compensation if they re-sign him.

O'Brien adds that Braves GM Frank Wren has spoken to Boras recently -- and that manager Fredi Gonzalez called Bourn -- but that negotiations for the free-agent outfielder have yet to begin.

The Rangers and Braves seem to be the only two teams still toying with the idea of trading to Upton, though O'Brien writes that neither have shown any indication that they are willing to accommodate D'Backs GM Kevin Towers' asking price for the young outfielder.

Unless Towers is willing to lower his price for Upton, he is not likely to be moved in the next month.
    http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2013/1/2...n-justin-upton

I don't know what to make of Fredi calling him, that seems kind of unusual.

vCash
    Fredi: "Is this the Chinese restaurant?"

Bourn: "That's speed dial 3, Fredi."

Fredi: "Sorry! Have a nice day."

vCash

vCash

vCash
    ESPN Baseball Tonight
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

The first spring training game is one month from today.

vCash
    I'm ready!

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast